Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Are you going to clap Lambert?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

I believe he also left under a cloud as player leaving Celtic to play in Germany - but the Bhoys don''t seem to hold it against him- just a thought .

[/quote]

Lambert left Motherwell to play in Germany and signed for Celtic after his time at Dortmund.

[/quote]It''s easy to get things confused. Scotland''s always under a cloud! [:D]

I am, nice one PL, oh dear no more heroes any more!!! rip down his statue and replace it with one of Chase, at least you knew he was doing you over, going down city!!!!

Here is what I''m going to do when Paul Lambert next visits Carrow Road in any capacity.

1. I will remember a bleak evening at Brentford where I stood behind the goal with my son and his mate and watched us lose 2.1

2. I will recall the football, and the pure excitement, that I have experienced at NCFC since Lamberts appointment. I will particularly recall dancing with my son at Charlton, being delirious when we beat Portsmouth, and loving last year.

3. I will recall of the times I have watched us play, since my first ever game in 1972 against St Mirren in a friendly.

4. I will stand up and clap Paul Lambert for all of the pleasure he has given me and my family as life long Norwich City fans.

5. I will then hope we beat Villa, and hope that he gets the sack .

That my friends is the crazy, irrational world of the football supporter.

[quote user="reded"]I am, nice one PL, oh dear no more heroes any more!!! rip down his statue and replace it with one of Chase, at least you knew he was doing you over, going down city!!!![/quote]In pretty much the same way that I raise a glass to Paul Jewell every Saturday evening, I''d imagine...........  [;)]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="reded"]I am, nice one PL, oh dear no more heroes any more!!! rip down his statue and replace it with one of Chase, at least you knew he was doing you over, going down city!!!![/quote]

In pretty much the same way that I raise a glass to Paul Jewell every Saturday evening, I''d imagine...........  [;)]
[/quote]

Good point. After I have given Lambert a round of applause, I will re direct my admiration for the marvellous job Magilton, Keane and Jewell have done. As represented of course by those three little gold stars above their badge.

Graham Paddon''s Beard wrote::Here is what I''m going to do when Paul Lambert next visits Carrow Road in any capacity.. I will remember a bleak evening at Brentford where I stood behind the goal with my son and his mate and watched us lose 2.1    2. I will recall the football, and the pure excitement, that I have experienced at NCFC since Lamberts appointment. I will particularly recall dancing with my son at Charlton, being delirious when we beat Portsmouth, and loving last year.3. I will recall of the times I have watched us play, since my first ever game in 1972 against St Mirren in a friendly.4. I will stand up and clap Paul Lambert for all of the pleasure he has given me and my family as life long Norwich City fans.5. I will then hope we beat Villa, and hope that he gets the sack .   That my friends is the crazy, irrational world of the football supporter.

It may be your world, but to me I would not give Paul Lambert the benefit of any applause.    It''s too soon after the event and the way he left.   In a couple of years time, maybe, but the dust hasn''t settled yet - and I don''t want to give him the pleasure.    The only applause I shall give is for Hughton and the team.    If we win, I may feel more inclined, but if I applaud him before the match and they beat us, then I would feel I  had contributed in some way to him having beaten us.    That is the rational side of being a football supporter.  

What are these "little gold stars"?

Do they have any relevance? Did Reded witness where they came from?

I expect oneday Reded will be able to sit down with his grandchildren and reminisce how his own grandad remembers when ipswich were good...

I can remember one of the little stars and my father all three, his father was a Norwich supporter funny but he never spoke of any little gold stars, oh well Nutty can you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What are these "little gold stars"?

Do they have any relevance? Did Reded witness where they came from?

I expect oneday Reded will be able to sit down with his grandchildren and reminisce how his own grandad remembers when ipswich were good...

[/quote]

History is very important in Football Nutty. Just ask the Royal Engineers. Now football in the 1870''s was proper football. Just ask Mick Mills. 

[quote user="reded"]Thats 3 more little gold stars than you will ever see GPB, remember that[/quote]

we can all have these little stars on our shirts if they''re self-awarded using your own clubs criteria......if Man Utd used that of your horrid little club ,they''d have about 70 on their shirt?

[quote user="reded"]I can remember one of the little stars and my father all three, his father was a Norwich supporter funny but he never spoke of any little gold stars, oh well Nutty can you?[/quote]

I''d be embarrassed to admit to being that age while if I was posting like a 12 year old...

[quote user="reded"]I can remember one of the little stars and my father all three, his father was a Norwich supporter funny but he never spoke of any little gold stars, oh well Nutty can you?[/quote]

I think it''s heartbreaking how, sometimes, good genes don''t get passed on. However, Ed, perhaps your grandfather passed on other good traits to you, such as paying the bills you''re responsible for. [;)]

I think you will find your ''grandfather'' is not your ''biological grandfather'' hence his appreciation of football !

''Uncles'' ?

[quote user="reded"]I am, nice one PL, oh dear no more heroes any more!!! rip down his statue and replace it with one of Chase, at least you knew he was doing you over, going down city!!!![/quote]and we will still be a league higher than you! talking of stars.. Uruguay have 2 on their shirts.. England 1. which is the better footballing nation?

Oh he was my biological grandfather god rest him and my father as a schoolboy watched more football at carrot road than at Portman Road, he then saw the light during the Ramsey years and for that I thank god daily.

[quote user="reded"]

Oh he was my biological grandfather god rest him and my father as a schoolboy watched more football at carrot road than at Portman Road, he then saw the light during the Ramsey years and for that I thank god daily.

[/quote]

So he jumped ship because Ramsey got the binners promoted. What a guy! I suppose when they got relegated again he started supporting Man Utd. We don''t need that sort reded.

I am going to clap our team, Norwich CityManagers, Chairman, Directors, and Players come and go but the fans will allways be here generation after generation.Lets forget about Lambert he is a figureof the past we thanked him and praised him when he was here, he left of his own accord, whatever the legal wrangle - it is irelevent, he wanted to speak to Villa in my mind he wanted to leave, end of story. They are a rival in this Division he is their Manager ergo he is a rival Manager.Lets focus on supporting OUR team OUR Club and get behind them and help them through this rough patch. OTBC.

Lambert will be expecting abuse form our fans which would be the easiest thing in the world to do,but lets rise above it and show him exactly what he left behind,great fans and a great club.

[quote user="osborne 1-0"]

No numpty sorry nutty he is a season ticket holder despite 4 relegations, like you will be next year a relegated seson ticket holder

[/quote]

So he gloryhunted his way to the portaloo and then grew out of it?

I bet you''re proud of him. I feel sorry for your grandad because he could never really say "That''s my boy".

No numpty nigel, he is still a season ticket holder and has been for 50 years, at least my father could say " thats my boy" and thank god otherwise my childhood football education would have been Kevin Bond and Peter Mendham instead of Wark and Mariner.

Reel em in Wilson( another Norfolk idiot) a bite every time, so much better than TWTD, all lazy on that site those cock-er-nee boys must be full of jellied eels

"Who does your mother support? "

all of them I should imagine, though that''s a fair few tricks every night