Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Are you going to clap Lambert?

Trying to get £2 million off us for "unfair dismissal". Yet I''m sure the "happy clappers" will still applaud the Quisling at Villa Park.

Yes I know what he did for the club during our phoenix like rise from the ashes and during this, like all fans I backed him home and away from Colchester to Chelsea but we have to move on and Lambert is now an enemy to Norwich and should be treated like one.

Lost all respect from me the moment he walked out and turned his back on the club.

We should never forget what he achieved and did for this club, but it doesn''t change the fact he''s a massive c***

No claps, no boo''s, just an eerie silence would do me

Hopefully there will be plenty of "Lambert is a Judas" chants. If we could win at Villa, hopefully with a last minute goal, it would change our season around totally.

First Holt now Lambert. Who''s next for the Yellow Messiah wrath?

At least your Lambert rant may have some legs unlike your infantile comments re Holt

So you know what happened, do you?

All that''s in the public domain (thanks to Mr Bowkett) is that Lambert has claimed unfair dismissal. That''s a specific claim in law, with a cap on compensation of £72,300 so he simply can''t be claiming £2,000,000 by that route. But if he''s claiming unfair dismissal then it follows that his position is that he didn''t want to leave but was either sacked or forced out. IF it were true that the most successful manager we''ve had in over a decade wanted to stay but was either dismissed or forced out then the person I''d be angry with wouldn''t be him, it would be the person who dismissed or forced him out.

At this time the full story isn''t in the public domain. We know odd snippets; the fact that we''ve had compensation for Culverhouse and Carva, but not for Lambert. The fact that Hughton was in post quickly. The fact that something happened to unsettle Lambert''s captain. But I''m reserving judgement until the full story comes out. Which it will, eventually.

I''ll clap him.

Some of you have very short memories.

[quote user="question mark"]

I''ll clap him.

Some of you have very short memories.

[/quote]Very well said.I am sure that they will remember that once we have retruned to a level more fitting with where Lambert & Culverhouse rescued us from.I guess those who want to turn him in to a villain should look back at what their attitudes were just over 3 years ago, when NCFC stole Lambert from Colchester United.Hypocrites?

"Hypocrites?"

no, it is being a football fan, that''s how it works

it is not real life

though I supect it might be for you

[quote user="City1st"]

"Hypocrites?"

no, it is being a football fan, that''s how it works

it is not real life

though I supect it might be for you

[/quote]YAWN... I have just the club for you and I am sure that you would look very fitting in a Tesco bag.

He will always be a part of a very memorable part of our clubs history. I''m torn between the best 3yrs of football I can remember, and the fact he left under a cloud. Everyone wanted him to stay at the time he left.

I think it will just be silence from me.

I believe he also left under a cloud as player leaving Celtic to play in Germany - but the Bhoys don''t seem to hold it against him- just a thought .

So guys, I guess its OK to call the man a dirty backstabbing Judas cunt now.No repsect for the man whatsoever.

The one thing that comes out of it all for me is the fact he lied through his teeth.

He says everywhere he goes that the most important people at any club are the fans and the players. So why is he trying to screw us (the fans) by denying our club (to the tune of £2 Mill) the chance to buy some more players?

I hope his balls turn square and mouldy at the corners.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

I believe he also left under a cloud as player leaving Celtic to play in Germany - but the Bhoys don''t seem to hold it against him- just a thought .

[/quote]

Lambert left Motherwell to play in Germany and signed for Celtic after his time at Dortmund.

I did retain a bit of admiration for the guy, but that has completely disappeared now. Completely!

What an absolute tosspot.

To be honest, i find what he''s trying to do paramount to frauding the justice system absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, more could come out on this story. But i find it very hard to believe that he was unfairly dismissed.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]So you know what happened, do you?

All that''s in the public domain (thanks to Mr Bowkett) is that Lambert has claimed unfair dismissal. That''s a specific claim in law, with a cap on compensation of £72,300 so he simply can''t be claiming £2,000,000 by that route. But if he''s claiming unfair dismissal then it follows that his position is that he didn''t want to leave but was either sacked or forced out. IF it were true that the most successful manager we''ve had in over a decade wanted to stay but was either dismissed or forced out then the person I''d be angry with wouldn''t be him, it would be the person who dismissed or forced him out.

At this time the full story isn''t in the public domain. We know odd snippets; the fact that we''ve had compensation for Culverhouse and Carva, but not for Lambert. The fact that Hughton was in post quickly. The fact that something happened to unsettle Lambert''s captain. But I''m reserving judgement until the full story comes out. Which it will, eventually.[/quote]The most sensible post on here! Something has not added up about it all from the start. Some of the quotes from Lambert when he left clearly pointed to a falling out between individuals. The fact that he was happy to operate with our transfer funds. We''ve all painted him as a mercenary but if he really doesn''t care then why would he come back for a fight? This all points to a man that has been wronged in some way.I too would reserve my anger for the person who has ousted one of most successful managers ever...

Lambert has a previous of leaving clubs as both player and manager but if you listen to him recount it, he always tell you that he was the honest party. My gut feeling is that McNally has ballsed it up, he''s got right in Lambert''s face about talking to Villa and made his position untenable. McNally should have just let him speak to them, I know it''s easier with the benefit of hindsight but if players or coaches don''t want to be somewhere they will leave, that''s normal, I wouldn''t have held it against the board if they had allowed Paul to talk to Aston Villa, he may well have turned it down.
I think it''s pretty miserable that Lambert is suing us now, he knows what the finances at the club are like, he knows how that will harm us and it''s not like he ever had the decency to explain to the supporters the reasons why he left. I think he should have just left it but now this is going to go on and on and on.

Thumbelina, consider this; We are £2m off a star striker in January who will score the goals that will keep us up but because off Lambert we cannot spend that money and then we go down, all because of greedy Lambert.

Maybe thats why the Spurs tickets are so expensive, to make up for the £2m cloud hanging over us.

I won''t clap him. I''m a City fan.

But I will respect, thank and admire him as the best City manager for a generation.

Which league - if any - would we be playing in today without Paul Lambert?

Remember Lamberts return to colchester, hostile home fans etc. Lambert and his team will thrive on the abuse from Norwich fans, I''ll not be clapping him, but at the same time won''t be wasting my energy with "Lambert is judas" chants. I''d suggest ignoring the urge tosing anything along thm lines and just back the team. Booing and slagging off Lambert will result in tears, as the Colchester fans found out.

I had just about forgotten about this nomad and now he does this. I can''t stand the scumbag and wish he would leave our club alone. F**k Off Lambert!!

No chance.

Thanks for the good times but there is such thing as being honourable. After what he did to Col Utd we all knew he would do it to us too.

Ill always remember that sly little smirk on his face as he waved to the Col Utd fans when we played down there.

Lets be honest , at FCR on the last game of the season there was a feeling he was the next Villa Manager. The Villa fans knew it, in our hearts we knew it (or at least it was goodbye) and PL knew it.

The press knew it (Stuart Jarrold particularly getting under his skin)

He is manager of a relegation rival and I hope he fails miserably at Villa.