Sign in to follow this  
henrik

Colin Calderwood and Paul Trollope

[quote user="Boris"]Was on some training sessions this summer in Austria camp and what i can say is that Colderwood was so much vocal all the time and same was on game with Hertha Berlin and not sure but some old players not like much that simply there is new bosses on old nest.I always feel the problem that we stay with Lambert players from last 2-3 years and no one stay from Lambert staff .I believe this is problem for good start as simply we not have top class players so if with this average players not take max and they not play at max we can look like last 20 min against Chelsea chasing the shadows.CH need some one to help and introduced him and may be he need to watch again some tape''s with our best games from last 2 seasons and to find the key.

[/quote]Good points. I think we should try and return to the old continuity model, it seemed to work well in the past with Bond through to Stringer and Walker. The latter two were both quite experienced by the time they stepped into the prime job.What we have now seems a bit destabilising where a new backroom comes in every time the manager changes instead of promoting from within. I noticed that Arsenal seem to be heading a bit more towards continuity, and I similarly hope that ''Norwich people'' get to fill any vacancies in the NCFC coaching staff.

You are rather extreme and very matter of fact. I have not once stated an intent to slate "everyone at the club". Far from it, in fact if that is what you think, and if you decide thats a disgrace then woe betide the people that know you if something really bad is said or donePlease explain, why is having two ex managers (failed or not) "only a good thing". Not saying its not a good thing, but Im pretty certain its not as cut and dried as you suggest. Would you also please give me some of the reasons that you believe these three are the best team for the job and the positive attributes they offer. I am interested and would like to hear the positive argument for these guys.Also, I agree, maybe the way I''m feeling IS because I''m feeling down about the whole situation, if you bothered to read my point properly you would see that I am actually implying this, and looking for positives and asking for people to show me the positives. I want to have faith in our management. The point I''m raising is, that I don''t have faith right now. Thats not to say I''m slating all connected to the club, I am merely pointing out my reservations.I actually believe, you don''t care either way, I think you are just spoiling for an argument, which in itself is rather disgraceful if I may say so.Anyway, will you listen to me once more? I am not slating all that are connected to the club I love, I hope sincerely Mr Hughton and co. achieve what we need this season, however I do feel worried by our current management staff. Is that ok?

If that is supposed to be a full retraction of your OP then I accept that and if you''d said that in the first place then it could have saved us both a lot of time and typing energy

Guess we won''t be questioning the tea lady after all.

far from a retraction, you still havent bothered or can''t read properly. I think you, my friend are a bit of a plonker haha!Anyway, argument over, after a bit of investigation I now realise exactly who you are which explains why you''re only interested in insults and arguments. I remember having the misfortune of having a "converstation" with you before a game with blackpool a few years ago, and lets just say, I can''t bothered to bicker with simpletons. Sorry, but go find someone else to annoy.dear oh dear, i feel silly for entertaining you for so long now and feeding your childishness.

Hmmm what was that about personal insults?

It''s a shame you had to resort to such measures and I feel sorry for you. I was going to give you a full explanation of my theory on Calderwood and Trollope being a good thing for NCFC when i got back on my laptop (currently on iphone) but you can swing for it now.

I''m also very sure ive never had the misfortune of meeting you

I have knowledge from a very reliable source that the training sessions are not very good. For me this speaks volumes about our performances on the pitch. The team spirit is gone, you see players arguing more, we have no shape, the subs are uninspiring and the manager stands there with his hands in his pockets clueless about what to do. I think the board will give him until after the stoke game, if we haven''t won by then see you later and the backroom staff too. I really wanted him to do well but he just doesn''t seem to have a clue how to motivate a team that should be mid table in my opinion.

P.S Turner is one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt.

Let''s work in facts shall we?

We can only really judge Calderwood and Trollope in their current job titles and experiences as that in the past.

Calderwood has Premier league experience as an assistant manager with Newcastle and also was assistant when they got promoted at the first time of asking also with Newcastle. He also oversaw Birmingham City''s assistant Manager duties last season as they managed a very admirable play off place.

Trollope, although not a particularly distinguished coaching career has the previously mentioned Birmingham achievement, however as a previous manager would have to have (like Calderwood) undertaken very advanced coaching courses.

Usually when a manager is appointed at a club then a club would get a manager with very advanced coaching qualifications and assistant manager and coaches with slightly less coaching qualifications, in terms of qualification we have a very advanced team here at Norwich and I''m really surprised I have to explain this.

I haven''t even touched on David Watson (mostly because the thread was aimed at Calderwood and Trollope) who works with our goalkeepers on a daily basis, then when they go on international duty he continues to work with Ruddy. What an absolute touch.

Just because things haven''t worked out as perhaps we''d hoped these things take a long time to get going, my point and as my point has always been when people lack the patience (much like the OP) they do tend to start taking pop shots at everyone (hence my tongue in cheek comment re: the tea lady''s job security)

Henrik can scream until he''s blue in the face and sink to whatever level he wants to make his point, fact is I chose to support the management team and he doesn''t, I don''t have a problem with that but that''s just how it is.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Let''s work in facts shall we?

We can only really judge Calderwood and Trollope in their current job titles and experiences as that in the past.

Calderwood has Premier league experience as an assistant manager with Newcastle and also was assistant when they got promoted at the first time of asking also with Newcastle. He also oversaw Birmingham City''s assistant Manager duties last season as they managed a very admirable play off place.

Trollope, although not a particularly distinguished coaching career has the previously mentioned Birmingham achievement, however as a previous manager would have to have (like Calderwood) undertaken very advanced coaching courses.

Usually when a manager is appointed at a club then a club would get a manager with very advanced coaching qualifications and assistant manager and coaches with slightly less coaching qualifications, in terms of qualification we have a very advanced team here at Norwich and I''m really surprised I have to explain this.

I haven''t even touched on David Watson (mostly because the thread was aimed at Calderwood and Trollope) who works with our goalkeepers on a daily basis, then when they go on international duty he continues to work with Ruddy. What an absolute touch.

Just because things haven''t worked out as perhaps we''d hoped these things take a long time to get going, my point and as my point has always been when people lack the patience (much like the OP) they do tend to start taking pop shots at everyone (hence my tongue in cheek comment re: the tea lady''s job security)

Henrik can scream until he''s blue in the face and sink to whatever level he wants to make his point, fact is I chose to support the management team and he doesn''t, I don''t have a problem with that but that''s just how it is.[/quote]That''s fair enough opinion GPAC.  But I did get the impression that henrick was looking for a genuine debate and not just to sl@g the coaching staff off for the hell of it.That''s just my opinion, I''m not looking to cause an argument[:)]

I don''t doubt that PURM but:

A) why bring it up?

B) why go on to talk about lack of positives

Another positive for me is how hughton has got 3 ''managers'' working harmoniously, there are not many people who could do that, that ultra man management will rub off on the players sooner rather than later.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]What I know of Trollope is that when he was at Bristol Rvs his team was notorious for a lack of fitness, going years without coming from behind to win a game, giving far too much respect to poor opposition even at home, setting teams out not to lose rather than all out to win, struggling to sign a striker even when money was made available (to replace Rickie Lambert). Does it sound familiar?[/quote]

Obviously we had heard of Trollope and that he had very strong connections with BR both as player and manager so where did you glean this detailed analysis Mr.C. ?

[/quote]You wouldn''t believe me even if I told you. I can assure you that it is accurate.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]To be fair to Trollope and Calderwood being a coach is very different from being a manager. There are many highly regarded coaches who have failed as managers. Sometimes they are simply better off working on the technical abilities of the players on the training ground behind the scenes.

Trollope was in charge of Bristol Rovers for 5 years. He must have done something right to have been in charge for that long even if it ended badly. A certain Paul Lambert''s first mangerial post was an absolute disaster at Livingston. In fact it was so bad he feared he would never manage professionally again.[/quote]Trollope was actually a transfer listed player before he got the job. Lenny Lawrence was his mentor (Director of Football) and Trollope was the first-team coach (the roles of both manager and coach in all but name). Once Lenny Lawrence departed, Trollope officially became the manager on a one year rolling contract and was given the push after this first year. What is happening at NCFC seems to closely reflect how his team played. Most players liked him though.

If anyone doubts that being a failed manager and a good coach are possible, then I have two words to prove that a fine coach can be a poor manager.....

Peter Grant.

I can give you two more

Brian Kidd.

I do not believe that managerial success or failure are relevant to the ability to coach.  There was never any evidence that Lambert was a good coach since he was rarely seen on the training field.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]

Lets not forget Bryan Hamilton

[/quote]

I''m trying to...

Thanks for that Peas[:|]

LOL - I have visions of you slowly over the last 10 years forgetting about him, thinking about him every day then today was the day you finally didn''t think about Hamilton and then BAM! I come on here and remind you of him and the whole process has to start over :)

[quote user="tom cavendish"]What I know of Trollope is that when he was at Bristol Rvs his team was notorious for a lack of fitness, going years without coming from behind to win a game, giving far too much respect to poor opposition even at home, setting teams out not to lose rather than all out to win, struggling to sign a striker even when money was made available (to replace Rickie Lambert). Does it sound familiar?[/quote]Told you so.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

How come this thread hibernated for three months?

[/quote]

Tom Cavendish thinks it makes him look clever but really it makes him look very silly.

Yet it was ok for you and the OP when we went on a 10 game unbeaten run??

How fickle can you get?

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Yet it was ok for you and the OP when we went on a 10 game unbeaten run??

How fickle can you get?[/quote]I simply pointed out during the summer and months ago what to expect.* A lack of fitness.* Going years without coming from behind to win a game.* Giving far too much respect to poor opposition even at home.* Setting teams out not to lose rather than all out to win.* Making sub''s far too late in games.* Struggling to sign a striker even when money was made available.Hopefully the tactics will work to ensure we stay up this season.

I was reading the first page of this thread before I realised it was old... wow... Chris Hughton with other backroom staff would probably do better, but as it stands I really dislike CC and PT. Especially PT...

Huh? [:^)]

What I do find questionable is that Martin goes to Swindon and is told by DeCanio that he is overweight. He has since lost the weight and is [says DeCanio] moving and playing better.  Who at this club allowed this to go or was it the reason he went on loan. This asks the question why was he ever given a squad number.

Not motivated enough to get himself fit to play at this level

I CANNOT believe this thread has been resurrected, it''s angered me a bit actually

Come on Tom, go and have fantasies about a 96''500 arena at the UEA with a theoretical portal to a virtual arena at the showground, linked to the stadium via a special 3d link funded by the council that enables a virtual world for the extra 77''000 people that were not seated in your UEA super arena!

In other words, stop being such a cunt you pathetic little man, you are delusional and concerning.

I''ve got a few qualms about the fitness of players who haven''t featured regularly. I don''t think in this day and age it can be blamed on a lack of competitive matches as there''s nothing inherent in these that cannot be replicated in the gym or on the training field.I''d wonder about the scope of the fitness training and medical services, is it comparable to what they have at Italian clubs (who are often very good in this area)? Does anyone know if Norwich hold evening training sessions?

I too am not a little annoyed this thread has reappeared - seems like one or two delight in being on a complete ego trip - and worse in my mind - jumping on a bad result and running down a management team - a management team who have taken us on an unbeaten ten match run - had injuries to key players - and one very poor result.    We''ve had a poor run - and Liverpool was depressing - but - you get ups and downs in football  and there is no reason why we can''t pick up form again.    Those that talk about "freefall" or turn on the manager and staff at the drop of a hat - and particularly those childish supporters who go "I told you so"  - should question their motivation for posting on here.   We need to get behind the team and manager.   Simple.   The season is only 2/3 over - we are still in a good position in the league - and have good opportunities to get back to winning ways.    This was always going to be a tough season and we are still in a good position with everything to play for.  Its the easy way out to slag people off or run people down when things are going badly.   It football for goodness sake - be a supporter and support - or maybe I should say - grow up!