Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Hughton Out

Awful line up, diabolical tactics, stands on the sidelines with his

hands in his pockets for 90 mins. Totally passionless, uninspirational,

and utterly cluless. The guy is total lettuce. The board need to realise

they''ve screwed up again before it''s too late. Pay him off and bring in

holloway or redknapp before it''s too late.

"I''m still waiting for the "manager with extensive top flight experience in a European league" we were all told we would be searching for in the summer.....I assume he must have been held up at customs?"

Along with the manager that would be ''better than lambert'' that Mcnally said we would appoint if Lambert left.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

This is worse than Worthy I''m afraid. 

No way would Hughton have us come back from 4-1 down or beat Man U 2-0[:(]

[/quote]

I feel it is now too late for Hughton and actual it was the 2 home games against West Ham & QPR where he has failed us as we needed to win those 2 games.  With the defeat today and Chelsea & Arsenal next, it looks like it will be 8 games without a win and if we are lucky we will be on 4points.We then have 3/4 games we need to pick some points up in.  If hughton was to go now it would give the new manager 3weeks to get the team ready for the important games.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''m still waiting for the "manager with extensive top flight experience in a European league" we were all told we would be searching for in the summer.....I assume he must have been held up at customs?

[/quote]same place as "the biggest transfer budget ever" and "all that investment is coming"a figment of some board members imagination it seems

God I hate football fans sometimes!!!!Let''s get behind the team and the manager instead of getting on their backs after only 6 League Games. As the saying goes Rome wasn''t built in a day. Whoever came in to replace Lambert would have had a up hill challenge after 3 years of pretty much unparalleled success. I knew that as soon as we hit a bad patch (unfortunately there hasn''t been a good patch yet) that the fans would turn on the manager because he is not Lambert. It''s like Morison last season as soon as he went through a bad patch the fans started to get on his back because he was not Holt.Of course, I''m concerned about the situation at the moment, but I believe a manager should be given time. Chopping and changing the manager all the time rarely brings success especially as there are Very Few Magical good managers that can guarantee success. I thought Hughton was the right man for the job when he was appointed and I''m not going to change that after 6 league games. Get behind the team and manager otherwise only failure is guaranteed.

[quote user="Hog"]I fear the same would have happened even if Lambert had not left, the majority of our players are Championship level at best and it has been our team spirit which has served us so well up to now. To Hughton''s credit Garrido and Bassong are amazing signings and I really hope we can agree permament terms with Garrido. But serious money needed to be spent on the frontline and it wasn''t. Did we really need so many midfielders? For me the blame lies partly with Hughton but I fear the problem started before he arrived.....[/quote]

Sorry Hog but in my opinion we wouldn''t be here if Lambert had stayed. His latest bunch of signings would have accelerated our progress as much as any other of the transfer windows he was responsible for.

Lambert made our players out perform themselves week after week. A good manager (Hughton) isn''t ever going to be good enough to save us like an excellent one could/did. 

There are a number of issues of major concern to me as a supporter. I deliberately haven''t posted directly after the game because I wanted to see what things looked like once the initial disappointment subsided. But the themes that remain are:

Hughton seems very one dimensional in his approach. He is either going to play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. Essentially a minor variation upon the theme of playing with 2 solid banks of four and hoping to pinch something. I hate to bring him up but our biggest strength under Lambert was that when something wasn''t working it got changed. The lack of plan B I found immensely worrying and the players must find it a concern too. Particularly when much of our success in the last 3 years has been based on a system which has now been seemingly confined to the dustbin.

Another thing that is noticeably is the lack of organisation. Players seem uncertain of their roles and being asked to play in unfamiliar areas. Seeing Hoolahan and Surman struggling out on the wing when neither is equipped to play there was sad. I am not convinced Snodgrass is particularly happy out on the right flank either as a predominantly left footed player.

Another worrying theme is that I and the people sit around me don''t quite understand how he assesses the game. He decided to substitute Jackson today and against West Ham when I felt he was our most effective player in both games by some distance. What implications does that have for the morale of a player as well?

The final worry I have is the negative aspect he has brought to our play. We are definitely more circumspect and hesitant in our outlook. The players are now more concerned about what they can''t do and how the opposition can hurt them. Rather than vice versa. If you don''t believe me then take the example of why Hoolahan wasn''t introduced against West Ham. A stretched game in which I think he would have thrived. It was basically Hughton was worried about West Ham''s height from set pieces.

I am not calling for Hughton to go but I think if we are going to try and make a game of it this season these are all issues which need to be tackled and addressed. If this fails to happen then it could well be time to make a change.

[quote user="mre2"]God I hate football fans sometimes!!!!As the saying goes Rome wasn''t built in a day.[/quote]Yeah, but they only had undernourished slaves.  These days we have JCBs and laptops. 

[quote user="Jacko"]There are a number of issues of major concern to me as a supporter. I deliberately haven''t posted directly after the game because I wanted to see what things looked like once the initial disappointment subsided. But the themes that remain are: Hughton seems very one dimensional in his approach. He is either going to play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. Essentially a minor variation upon the theme of playing with 2 solid banks of four and hoping to pinch something. I hate to bring him up but our biggest strength under Lambert was that when something wasn''t working it got changed. The lack of plan B I found immensely worrying and the players must find it a concern too. Particularly when much of our success in the last 3 years has been based on a system which has now been seemingly confined to the dustbin. Another thing that is noticeably is the lack of organisation. Players seem uncertain of their roles and being asked to play in unfamiliar areas. Seeing Hoolahan and Surman struggling out on the wing when neither is equipped to play there was sad. I am not convinced Snodgrass is particularly happy out on the right flank either as a predominantly left footed player. Another worrying theme is that I and the people sit around me don''t quite understand how he assesses the game. He decided to substitute Jackson today and against West Ham when I felt he was our most effective player in both games by some distance. What implications does that have for the morale of a player as well? The final worry I have is the negative aspect he has brought to our play. We are definitely more circumspect and hesitant in our outlook. The players are now more concerned about what they can''t do and how the opposition can hurt them. Rather than vice versa. If you don''t believe me then take the example of why Hoolahan wasn''t introduced against West Ham. A stretched game in which I think he would have thrived. It was basically Hughton was worried about West Ham''s height from set pieces. I am not calling for Hughton to go but I think if we are going to try and make a game of it this season these are all issues which need to be tackled and addressed. If this fails to happen then it could well be time to make a change.[/quote]

Well said, Jacko !!!

[quote user="Jacko"]There are a number of issues of major concern to me as a supporter. I deliberately haven''t posted directly after the game because I wanted to see what things looked like once the initial disappointment subsided. But the themes that remain are: Hughton seems very one dimensional in his approach. He is either going to play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. Essentially a minor variation upon the theme of playing with 2 solid banks of four and hoping to pinch something. I hate to bring him up but our biggest strength under Lambert was that when something wasn''t working it got changed. The lack of plan B I found immensely worrying and the players must find it a concern too. Particularly when much of our success in the last 3 years has been based on a system which has now been seemingly confined to the dustbin. Another thing that is noticeably is the lack of organisation. Players seem uncertain of their roles and being asked to play in unfamiliar areas. Seeing Hoolahan and Surman struggling out on the wing when neither is equipped to play there was sad. I am not convinced Snodgrass is particularly happy out on the right flank either as a predominantly left footed player. Another worrying theme is that I and the people sit around me don''t quite understand how he assesses the game. He decided to substitute Jackson today and against West Ham when I felt he was our most effective player in both games by some distance. What implications does that have for the morale of a player as well? The final worry I have is the negative aspect he has brought to our play. We are definitely more circumspect and hesitant in our outlook. The players are now more concerned about what they can''t do and how the opposition can hurt them. Rather than vice versa. If you don''t believe me then take the example of why Hoolahan wasn''t introduced against West Ham. A stretched game in which I think he would have thrived. It was basically Hughton was worried about West Ham''s height from set pieces. I am not calling for Hughton to go but I think if we are going to try and make a game of it this season these are all issues which need to be tackled and addressed. If this fails to happen then it could well be time to make a change.[/quote]

great post, exactly how I feel except I think hughton should go before its to late

many seem to think that Jackson is being hard done by at the moment but in my view Holt and Morison are still our best bets for goals. The perception is that they can''t play together however they both scored yesterday and caused Tottenham no end of problems at White Hart Lane. They were our top scorers last season with 15 and 10 goals aswell.

I think its time that we gave this partnership enough time and set our team up around it to make it work.  Yes this might involve a bit of route one football along the way but needs must at the moment and whatever happens we know that these two wouldnt give any defence an easy afternoon.

After Gunn''s reign I think it''s never too early to get rid of a manager if things aren''t right. However, Hughton needs more time.

I''m by no means impressed so far with many aspects of his managerial style. His substitutions, his tactics (which is meant to be his strongest area), his formations, some of his comments after defeats.

I think he needs until mid-late November. If we are in the bottom three, without a win, then yes I think it would be sensible to get rid of him but before we do that it''s key to have a manager identified to come in. Look at Wolves last season. They sacked Mick and had no idea who to bring in.

If we are in the bottom 3 come mid-late November without a win or perhaps with a win but not looking good, then I''d get rid of Hughton and if Redknapp was still available, I''d pay him whatever he wanted until the end of the season to keep us up. Then we can look at the situation again in the summer.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]After Gunn''s reign I think it''s never too early to get rid of a manager if things aren''t right. However, Hughton needs more time. I''m by no means impressed so far with many aspects of his managerial style. His substitutions, his tactics (which is meant to be his strongest area), his formations, some of his comments after defeats. I think he needs until mid-late November. If we are in the bottom three, without a win, then yes I think it would be sensible to get rid of him but before we do that it''s key to have a manager identified to come in. Look at Wolves last season. They sacked Mick and had no idea who to bring in. If we are in the bottom 3 come mid-late November without a win or perhaps with a win but not looking good, then I''d get rid of Hughton and if Redknapp was still available, I''d pay him whatever he wanted until the end of the season to keep us up. Then we can look at the situation again in the summer.[/quote]

And if Chelski stuff us next?

I can''t see McNally getting shot of him and rightly so at the moment. The club have invested heavily to get him and his team here, Think I read about £3 million somewhere. If we sack them we then have to pay them off and then more money is needed to appoint the next man, That would be our January transfer funds gone, The club need to back him in January to bring in who he needs. We just have to hope that there are 3 teams worse than us this season, If Bassong stays fit and we start taking our chances then I think there are 3 worse teams in there.

[quote user="JF"]I can''t see McNally getting shot of him and rightly so at the moment. The club have invested heavily to get him and his team here, Think I read about £3 million somewhere. If we sack them we then have to pay them off and then more money is needed to appoint the next man, That would be our January transfer funds gone, The club need to back him in January to bring in who he needs. We just have to hope that there are 3 teams worse than us this season, If Bassong stays fit and we start taking our chances then I think there are 3 worse teams in there.[/quote]

And how much money will we lose when he relegates us? more than 3 poxy million I''d wager.

"And how much money will we lose when he relegates us? more than 3 poxy million I''d wager."

Who else is there we could bring in? Poyet would be great but I can''t see it, Rednapp can only work with money and has left every club other than Spurs in financial shi t. Or the circus clown than would have us conceding 5 every week and relegated.

The dilema is that i see no way that the board will get rid of him by christmas, which is probably the right decison. He needs more time. I see that we are not only tipped by the bookies to go down but we are favorites to finish bottom!! This is all turning into somewhat of a nightmare.That said things can change and i hope they do. Our future will be determined how we do against Villa, Stoke, Southampton, Swansea and Wigan before Christmas. If we pick up quite a few points against these we will be fine, if not we will be so far behind come the turn of the year it will take a magician or Wigan type run last season to keep us up

I supported the calls for previous managers to go, but I

really feel that Hughton needs to be given more time.

The warmth of his reception at Newcastle

should make us all sit up & realise that this is a guy who is highly

regarded & highly capable... he needs our support!

The fact of the matter is he is not Lambert & his style of management is

different... & that should not be an instant reason to dislike or want him

out (as some sitting near me at home matches seem to suggest!).

As a season ticket holder who forks out hundreds of pounds each year, am I

concerned?  Of course I am!  But I truly believe he needs to be given

more time to get his feet under the desk.

OTBC

Yesterday wasn''t as bad as it appears.

Liverpool have been on a bit of a roll for a couple of weeks now, and it was only a matter of time until somebody got a pasting - you were just unlucky to be the ones.

Yes you decided to have a bit of a bad day at the office the same day Suarez decided the opposite (I am a Liverpool fan) but I was often impressed by your attack, and the fact you kept at it till the end. If you can combine that with what has been gradually becoming a solid defence I can''t see you going too far wrong in the end.

Not a nice place to be, but after checking you guys out over the week, I do rate Hughton and believe he has the ability to make it come good.

Hey cheer up you lot, you''ve all got faces like a busted boil.

You''re only 6 games in and you''re not going to be up against the likes of Luis Suarez every week.

All the best for the rest of the season apart from your return to Anfield.

[quote user="Pig"]Yesterday wasn''t as bad as it appears.

Liverpool have been on a bit of a roll for a couple of weeks now, and it was only a matter of time until somebody got a pasting - you were just unlucky to be the ones.

Yes you decided to have a bit of a bad day at the office the same day Suarez decided the opposite (I am a Liverpool fan) but I was often impressed by your attack, and the fact you kept at it till the end. If you can combine that with what has been gradually becoming a solid defence I can''t see you going too far wrong in the end.

Not a nice place to be, but after checking you guys out over the week, I do rate Hughton and believe he has the ability to make it come good.[/quote]Thanks[Y]Some here desperately needed that E-cuddle!

[quote user="Pig"]Yesterday wasn''t as bad as it appears.

Not a nice place to be, but after checking you guys out over the week, I do rate Hughton and believe he has the ability to make it come good.[/quote]Patronising wotsit...

[quote user="Yosser Hughes"]

Hey cheer up you lot, you''ve all got faces like a busted boil.

You''re only 6 games in and you''re not going to be up against the likes of Luis Suarez every week.

All the best for the rest of the season apart from your return to Anfield.

[/quote]

Cheers to you and Pig.

I had a feeling that one of us was due a big win.Sadly the wrong team in my case.

Good thing is i am off work next week so i wont have to face the smug,red colleague[:D]

Lol ! Well, if I''m going to snoop around here trying to get some perspective away from ''smug red''s only fair I try to give the same back !