Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Hughton Out

I Was quite happy when we appointed Hughton but i am feeling nervy, he has managed to make a pigs ear out of a silk purse. The players look lost and out of their depth, we have now been hammered twice already, we look like we could not score in a brothel and our defence looks ridiculous. I said earlier this season the leeds trio could not get leads out of div 1 now they are playing prem. We all thought a strker was a priority who did we get Harry Kane who did not do much at Millwall on loan and spurs are not falling over themselves to get them in their team, so what makes him good for us.

If we are still in the hunt January we need to invest in some decent players or its goodnight for sure imo, and Hughton sort it out and quick.

Chelsea Arsenal Villa Stoke, not many points there i would suggest, they say you know where you are after ten games, dont look good, unless we find some form and confidence from somewhere.

HUGHTON OUT! He''s out of his depth and clueless. We are definitely going down if he remains in charge and I can''t see him being capable of getting us back up again. As to his successor, maybe Malky?

I don''t think it''s an overreaction that we''re not gonna get any points out of the next two games. Last season we felt confident going into these games, now we''re fearuing the opposition..haven''t got a chance imo.

Hughton is a very nice man but we don''t need nice men we need a strong leader a warrior to replace Lambert.

There is only 1 suitable candidate that will return us to an attacking force to be feared and that is Neil Lennon. Cometh the hour cometh the man

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesis "]Hughton is a very nice man but we don''t need nice men we need a strong leader a warrior to replace Lambert. There is only 1 suitable candidate that will return us to an attacking force to be feared and that is Neil Lennon. Cometh the hour cometh the man[/quote]

Good shout. I think the board need to act quickly or we''re down.

Blatant Hughton errors:

Whitaker sale

Vaughan out on loan

No strikers bought

Turner''s purchase

Too many midfielders bought - doesn''t he realise you can only play 4 to 5 at any one time??

He doesn''t seem to be able to motivate or inspire the players. He may have been a good fit at Birmingham and Newcastle but he''s a p.isspoor fit here.

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesisp"]Hughton is a very nice man but we don''t need nice men we need a strong leader a warrior to replace Lambert. There is only 1 suitable candidate that will return us to an attacking force to be feared and that is Neil Lennon. Cometh the hour cometh the man[/quote]

Lennon would have been my number one target too.

The Scots Prem is now more of joke than it ever was before, with Rangers no longer being a part of it.  If Lennon had any ambition at all then he would have jumped at the chance to manage a team in the EPL and Celtic would not have been able to compete financially to prevent it happening.

We probably spent more on Hughton, with many thinking that the £3 million or so spent on bringing him and Calderwood to Carrow Road was a wise investment.

Failing that I would have gone for Nigel Adkins or Brian McDermott.  Not much chance of getting them now as I guess that both would fancy that they have a better chance of keeping Southampton and Reading up respectively.  Therefore Burnley''s Eddie Howe would have to be our number two target if we were to look for a replacement manager.

I think that the NCFC board should review the situation after 12 games.  If we don''t see a turnaround by then Hughton''s position should have become untenable.

It''s crucial therefore that we pick up some points from the following 6 games, with the Villa, Stoke and Reading games being huge for the club and Hughton.

I would give Chris H a lot more time, he has only played a 4-4-2 without Bennett and Pilkington due to injury, who scored about 8 goals was it last season? and bennett had a very good run in at the end of last season.

He has not played Wes in the team either, Wes will play very well in a diamond I''m sure. Kane out Bassong out, they are big blows no doubt about that.

Its not like CH is out of ideas already he has not had the whole team to work with just yet, lets give him time and see what tactics and changes he will make to the team and then we can judge him.

From what I''ve seen of him, losing Kane is hardly a big blow and he chooses not to play Wes!

You lot are a joke. A minority view on a board that only a minority are real fans - the rest are kids and binners.

In Hughton we trust!

Yes, everyone who has no faith in hughton is either a child or an ipswich fan. Good stuff. Although in a previous post which apparently was your ''post of the season'' (for a good 2 minutes) you suggest if we look like we''re going down at xmas we stick with him? What sort of ''norwich'' fan would want us to get relegated? Why they almost sound like the words of a closet binner. . .

9 games is a quarter of the way through, we have a tough start.

But some of the names mentioned who have managed in the championship are not who I would say we need. It has to be a manager with plenty of prem experience and real class.

But we cannot go cutting Hughton unless we have an option to come in, refer to wolves last year. It is ridiculous to get rid of a good manager yet. Lets see where we are after 9 and then look how things go through to Xmas and look at options.

It is quite simple we need better players and January window is crucial. We do not have an option so lets carry on and see if this manager and more importantly these players can step up and show they want and deserve to play in the prem.

As I have said before not a single player from last season had interest from other prem clubs (apart from a lacklustre attempt from west ham for holt who prob got a better player). Have any proved that they may be bought by an opposing prem team next summer... The answer is no. No player has shone, maybe ruddy over these two years would be of interest.

I still think 17th up to 15th is likely with this team two quality signings in jan and we can.

It''s not really fair to call for his head yet. He has made mistakes which to an extent is to be expected. He now has a chance to change things about and get a formation which is going to work for us. He''s always going to be defensive minded but its going to have to change, at least in part.

[quote user="N city til I die"]I would give Chris H a lot more time, he has only played a 4-4-2 without Bennett and Pilkington due to injury, who scored about 8 goals was it last season? and bennett had a very good run in at the end of last season. He has not played Wes in the team either, Wes will play very well in a diamond I''m sure. Kane out Bassong out, they are big blows no doubt about that. Its not like CH is out of ideas already he has not had the whole team to work with just yet, lets give him time and see what tactics and changes he will make to the team and then we can judge him.[/quote]

But he clearly stated in the interview after the match that he didn''t start with Wes because he wanted to start with two up front.

This suggests that he either hasn''t watched videos of our last three seasons or he has no intention of ever playing the diamond. A formation that has worked brilliantly for us in the past and one that our squad is suited to and clearly prefers.

Very worrying, but too soon to press the panic button.

I can''t believe anyone would seriously consider playing the diamond against Liverpool with Sterling and Johnson so dangerous on the wings.

We would be slaughtered ( not that we weren''t anyway but you know what I mean).

We will see the diamond I suspect but in the right game

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I don''t think it''s an overreaction that we''re not gonna get any points out of the next two games. Last season we felt confident going into these games, now we''re fearuing the opposition..haven''t got a chance imo.[/quote]

Spot on, its gonna the same bull**** from Hughton before and after, ''''We have to give Chelsea/Arsenal respect" and " They have technically far superior players" and "You dont go to Stamford Bridge/Emirates and attack "

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesis"]Hughton is a very nice man but we don''t need nice men we need a strong leader a warrior to replace Lambert. There is only 1 suitable candidate that will return us to an attacking force to be feared and that is Neil Lennon. Cometh the hour cometh the man[/quote]

Nice to meet you, Neil !!

"With Wes''s quality we know what he can give the team. With Wes in the team you

have to adjust that midfield for him. But with what they had in wide areas I

felt we needed four across midfield."

There are two issues which immeadiately hit me about this comment. Firstly how many games is Wes going to get this season. Most teams have good wingers who can hurt you. So if we are always going to be mindful of that he simply wont play. The reality is that we are negative in our mindset whatever people say on here. If you are effectively going to rule playing your most skilful player for virtually the entire campaign because you are scared of the opposition wingers that is most certainly negative in my book.

Secondly if you have to adjust the midfield to play him why did Hughton shovel him out onto the left wing. That is effectively an admission of playing someone in an area you knew they wouldn''t be very effective in. This is thing that cocerns me the most. There doesn''t appear to be a method or structure to what we are trying to do at the moment and its worrying.  

I think Hughton is facing the dilemma all new managers face. He is comfortable with a certain way of playing, but he has inherited a team which is used to playing a different way. The question is, how well can he adapt his style to the players he has &/or how well can he get his players to adapt to the new method.Many managers, given the money, simply clear out most of the players & bring in new ones who (they hope) will play their way. That option was not available.There obviously has to be some sort of compromise. He''s got to be able to persuade his men they can play in new roles (Howson as pure holding mid, Holt lying deeper etc.) & he''s got to be prepared to adapt his ideas to accommodate his team members abilities.It''s a conundrum he seemed to be solving until Saturday; the above mean the team - & manager - are in a state of flux, hence confidence is fragile. Now is the time for him to prove his mettle as a man manager & motivator.Let''s hope he does it, & quick.

I''m sorry but I still say we are destined for the Championship whilst this man remains in charge. Nothing about him inspires confidence. I hope I''m wrong really, but if I was influential on the board I would be seriously considering his successor already.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]After Gunn''s reign I think it''s never too early to get rid of a manager if things aren''t right. However, Hughton needs more time. I''m by no means impressed so far with many aspects of his managerial style. His substitutions, his tactics (which is meant to be his strongest area), his formations, some of his comments after defeats. I think he needs until mid-late November. If we are in the bottom three, without a win, then yes I think it would be sensible to get rid of him but before we do that it''s key to have a manager identified to come in. Look at Wolves last season. They sacked Mick and had no idea who to bring in. If we are in the bottom 3 come mid-late November without a win or perhaps with a win but not looking good, then I''d get rid of Hughton and if Redknapp was still available, I''d pay him whatever he wanted until the end of the season to keep us up. Then we can look at the situation again in the summer.[/quote]

Should we have given him the months we did. Or should we have brought in Redknapp..

There''s some classics on this thread..

Same old, same old...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

This is worse than Worthy I''m afraid. 

No way would Hughton have us come back from 4-1 down or beat Man Utd 2-0[:(]

[/quote]

Here''s a classic Nutty.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

This is worse than Worthy I''m afraid. 

No way would Hughton have us come back from 4-1 down or beat Man Utd 2-0[:(]

[/quote]

Here''s a classic Nutty.

[/quote]

[:|]

but he didn''t beat them 2-0! we only got the points by 1 goal! and we were lucky to get that, a long with our win against arsenal, sunderland, stoke, swansea, wigan, everton. we shouldn''t have a single point this season. hughton out! we deserve to go down DESPITE the fact we have more points than 6 other teams.

whos with me?

It is a little scary to think where we''d be had we not had that unexpected win v Man U (and less so, the Arsenal one); hope we can pull off something similar on Sat and put a lot of this other stuff to bed.

I think it is scarey. But we''d be ok if other clubs had a couple of wins taken from them too.

I''m confident we will stay up. I''m confident because football is a team game and we have a team united in playing to keep us in the division. And I''m confident we will push on next season towards being an established premier league club.

Well yes, of course - the Man U win was particularly ''surprising'', though, and one of only two defeats they''ve had on the road. Our home form is still decent, and one of the main reasons I think we''ll be ok - some of the more pessimistic among us seem to think we will lose 4-5 of our remaining games, something I just can''t see.

Me either Branston. Swansea were probably the best of the sides left to play at home and we drew that having led 2-1. It would take a serious dip in form for us not to get enough points to survive. And you''re right we may get another surprise win before the end of the season!