Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

I wish we had sold Grant Holt

[quote user="Wiz"]

He lost it with me at the Newcastle game Stig, standing alone in his little area he looked lost, unwilling to change the formation and selection he''d made, thats Worthy.

We needed pace, but again he was reluctant to change things, again so Worthy.

I didn''t want him here, I don''t want him here, not while Rednapp''s available.

[/quote]

Wiz old mate you really do set yourself up for ridicule don''t you ? This is a complete about turn on previous post regarding Hughton. I suspect you will get soooooooooooooo much grief over this post that i would not be surprised if we get one of your i am off,have a nice life,i am never going to post on here again moments which if true to form will last two days at the most.

But of course you are not an attention seeker.[;)]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz, your pathetic.[/quote]#

Oh wow, name calling now, well done, most impressive.[:|]

[/quote]

No it''s not name calling, it''s a description of your posts on here. If I wanted to call you names I''d come up with something better than pathetic...

When we beat Liverpool on Saturday, or at the end of the season when we''ve stayed up easily, you''ll as usual apologise. It''s what you do, you post some attention seeking over the top damning rubbish about th club, and when you are inevitably wrong you come crawling back and apologise. You get plenty of aggro on here, yet to repeat the same cycle over and over. And when you do get something right, you make sure everyone knows. Which in it self is stupid, we all get thugs right and wrong but you repeatedly have to make a point that you were right, or come back with an over sympathetic apology.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz, your pathetic.[/quote]#

Oh wow, name calling now, well done, most impressive.[:|]

[/quote] No it''s not name calling, it''s a description of your posts on here. If I wanted to call you names I''d come up with something better than pathetic... When we beat Liverpool on Saturday, or at the end of the season when we''ve stayed up easily, you''ll as usual apologise. It''s what you do, you post some attention seeking over the top damning rubbish about th club, and when you are inevitably wrong you come crawling back and apologise. You get plenty of aggro on here, yet to repeat the same cycle over and over. And when you do get something right, you make sure everyone knows. Which in it self is stupid, we all get thugs right and wrong but you repeatedly have to make a point that you were right, or come back with an over sympathetic apology.[/quote]

Err okay and although I''ll be delighted I won''t, one swallow and all that.

everyone pleaase don''t react to wiz, i''ve personally stopped as he keeps going in circles of being a complete @rsehole. He talk rubbish for a month or two, people get on his back, he keeps talking cr@p, the forum turns against him, he apologises, he then repeats this process after another week or two.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

everyone pleaase don''t react to wiz, i''ve personally stopped as he keeps going in circles of being a complete @rsehole. He talk rubbish for a month or two, people get on his back, he keeps talking cr@p, the forum turns against him, he apologises, he then repeats this process after another week or two.

[/quote]

Hmm? cough cough. [:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Wiz, this is the reason I can''t take ANY of your posts seriously even when you do make valid points, because you''re only ever a whisker away from reverting to type.[/quote]

I''m sorry you feel that way Wings, I realise I do extreme''s which can annoy posters, I get that.

But thats the way I am, I like Hughton as a man, and of course I''d love him to succeed with us, so I tried to be positive about him, but, in my heart I don''t think he will succeed.......and alas, despite wishing otherwise, my feeling kept screaming he''ll fail.

"I suspect you will get soooooooooooooo much grief over this post "

I think that is the intention, as he is hardly likely to enthuse anyone with his comments on watching recent games - or any fond recollections from the past. His bleat about Redknapp is in keeping with his desperation to provoke response.

However if he is not careful the only ''about turn'' he will have left is to claim that he doesn''t really support Norwich and he hopes they fail miserably......

... an option I doubt even he will use, as I''m sure he knows what the response will be from the vast majority on here

Haa haaaaa!

You wish we had sold one of our best ever strikers! Yeah.....sure! We should have sold Ruddy too. He was pretty good last season too. David Fox.......yeah......we should have sold him too.......he can play a bit. Maybe Pilkington should have went as well. We could have taken all those millions and banked ''em nicely.

God forgive Holty for having a lean spell. I wonder if you''ll be celebrating next time he knocks one in for us or maybe still wishing he was gone. Hang on a minute, you probably wouldn''t celebrate anyway unless Ipswich score. So thinking about it, who cares what you ''think''.

[quote user="City1st"]

"I suspect you will get soooooooooooooo much grief over this post "

I think that is the intention, as he is hardly likely to enthuse anyone with his comments on watching recent games - or any fond recollections from the past. His bleat about Redknapp is in keeping with his desperation to provoke response.

However if he is not careful the only ''about turn'' he will have left is to claim that he doesn''t really support Norwich and he hopes they fail miserably......

... an option I doubt even he will use, as I''m sure he knows what the response will be from the vast majority on here

[/quote]

[|-)] [|-)] [|-)]

[quote user="Crispy"]I love Grant but trying to see the game from a neutral perspective I think a few million for Grant would have been better than keeping him. Don''t think he is ever going to have a better season than the one just gone. It also would have forced our hand to splash big on a striker to keep us fans happy from losing our Captain. The games I have seen so far this season & early on in the last his touch really slows down our counter attacks. If he has the ball at his feet with a third of the pitch to run at all he will do is try & win a foul where most other strikers will try & turn the last man or thread someone a nice pass to set up a 1 v 1 on the keeper. Just think we needed to freshen our frontline but we havn''t. BUT I don''t think we will be relegated ... expecting a lot of 1 - 0''s at home hopefully starting with Liverpool :-) OTBC[/quote]

So the total and utter legend that is Grant Holt has three or four games where he is slightly under par? What striker doesn''t occasionally dip in form?

For three seasons in a row he has proven negative types wrong, and I f*cking love him for that. This season will be no different. Holty will find his form over the next few games and remind everybody why he''s one of the best five strikers to ever pull on a Norwich shirt.  

I would have sold when 6m was put on the table...

However, probably the most important aspect was keeping Holt this season... Not for what he''s done on the pitch.

But if we had sold and then the season had played out exactly the same in order of points... I firmly believe the fans would have gone absolutely nuts particularly after the first 7 games.

I don''t think losing both Holt and Lambert was an option we could take.

I don''t think 6 million was ever offered. McNally said the only interest was from West Ham and they didn''t even offer 4 million for a player who had been in the form of his life.

Barracuda you hit it right in the bullseye for me. Holty and lambert both could not leave.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]As I understand West Ham put in a bid which was accepted for about £3-4 million but McNally upped it by another couple of million when Holty was at Upton Park for the preliminaries and West Ham said ''no thanks''.[/quote]

I heard the only bid we had was for £600k and we told them to bugger off.