Sign in to follow this  
Norwich or die tryin!

Sack Hughton appoint Holloway

Sometimes I wonder why I don''t post on here much, then I see threads like this and it reminds me why.Hughton is building a solid premier league team to keep us in the top flight in the long run, there will be a few bad games, but overall it''s not that bad as some people like to believe.

you may have missed that the thread was started this time LAST YEARand was ''resurrected'' to point out the errors of those clammering for the sacking of Hughton LAST YEAR and the appointing of Hollowaynot as a demand for what the title states

might be worth your while having a skip through some of the postsobviously some have changed their name since and are now waiting for the next chance to leap in and attack the clubbut it is interesting to see that Holloway was more likely to get promoted with Blackpool than Hughton was to keep us up (or so we were told)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

Wiz: I''ve watched every game in full Warren, in very close detail btw, so my opinion is valid.

So sitting closer to the TV gives you better insight than people there?

[/quote]

No TC, of course not, nothing could ever replace the live game experience, BUT and its a ruddy big ''but'' here, it does gives me informative insight and information on tactics, formations, ref decisions, penalties etc etc.

All that allows me a valid opinion..................just the same as any poster on here who passes an opinion on a City away game or an England game they didn''t go to!

[/quote]

You''re only seeing what the cameras show you, if you''re basing an opinion on that then you are not as informed as you think you are.

[/quote]

Agreed (to a point) that you are seeing basically what the director wants you to see, you can edit things to make a match looke very different indeed. An example is the Hull away game. Without actually getting into what I, or anyone thought of it, if you had watched the MOTD highlights, you would have thought we were actually unlucky not to come away with anything (set that against the general consensus spouted on here lol)

That said, if you know your footy you can make reasonably accurate opinions based on watching it on telly, however the first part of that sentence is the important bit. Listening to it on the radio is NEVER going to give you much of an idea as to what actually happened.
[/quote]

I was of course referring to a full 90+ minute LIVE, near as damnit, HD quality stream morty.

But yes, actually being there is far better.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]Sometimes I wonder why I don''t post on here much, then I see threads like this and it reminds me why.

Hughton is building a solid premier league team to keep us in the top flight in the long run, there will be a few bad games, but overall it''s not that bad as some people like to believe.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t disagree too much Drunky, but he, like us all, has faults too.

Bw''s Cat - Funny wiz, I was under the impression you were too busy listening to videos on youtube despite being deaf."it does gives me informative insight and information on tactics, formations, ref decisions, penalties etc etc." wizNow

we have to wonder how and where these insights are given. Subtitles,

semaphore or maybe a sort of John McCririck in the corner of the screen

doing a sort of football tic tac, as
"Well I''m virtually deaf " wiz  19/04/2009, 4:39 PM"For my sins, I''m deaf, "wiz     21/01/2009, 10:14 AM"Being totally deaf Til," wiz     03/10/2012, 8:53 PMhowever he wasn''t always deaf, as"Mind you, I have bought a DAB radio for Radio Norfolk commentaries, and that''s been worth every penny!. wiz
12/08/2005, 3:30 PMall very odd .... a case of hear today, can''t hear tomorrow

I''m not usually one to defend Wiz, but you don''t go deaf overnight.So you have established he could still hear in 2005, got a bit deaf in 2009 and ended up very deaf in 2012.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]

PurpleCanary - 

"Delighted to have brought some sunshine and laughter into your life. We all need a bit of that on a Monday. But later on, if you''ve got a few minutes, you might care to buttonhole an adult and get them to explain to you why it is a perfectly reasonable comparison."

No not really thanks. It isn''t reasonable, and there is no comparison. Therefore I discarded it as soon as I read it. Now run along, I''m sure that championship manager game won''t play itself now! 

[/quote]

Oh dear, this IS embarrassing![:$] I am so out of touch I have no idea what "championship manager" is. Is it one of these video games I gather are the coming thing with young people? Whatever, I am willing to give it a go. But my main question is, if I become proficient will it help me get girls?

[quote user="morty"]I''m not usually one to defend Wiz, but you don''t go deaf overnight.So you have established he could still hear in 2005, got a bit deaf in 2009 and ended up very deaf in 2012.[/quote]

Pardon?

[quote user="morty"]That said, if you know your footy you can make reasonably accurate opinions based on watching it on telly, however the first part of that sentence is the important bit. Listening to it on the radio is NEVER going to give you much of an idea as to what actually happened.[/quote]Particularly if you''re Wiz.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="ImDrunky"]Sometimes I wonder why I don''t post on here much, then I see threads like this and it reminds me why.Hughton is building a solid premier league team to keep us in the top flight in the long run, there will be a few bad games, but overall it''s not that bad as some people like to believe.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t disagree too much Drunky, but he, like us all, has faults too.

[/quote]And what do you consider Harry Redknapp''s and Ian Holloway''s faults to be?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]

PurpleCanary - 

"Delighted to have brought some sunshine and laughter into your life. We all need a bit of that on a Monday. But later on, if you''ve got a few minutes, you might care to buttonhole an adult and get them to explain to you why it is a perfectly reasonable comparison."

No not really thanks. It isn''t reasonable, and there is no comparison. Therefore I discarded it as soon as I read it. Now run along, I''m sure that championship manager game won''t play itself now! 

[/quote]

Oh dear, this IS embarrassing![:$] I am so out of touch I have no idea what "championship manager" is. Is it one of these video games I gather are the coming thing with young people? Whatever, I am willing to give it a go. But my main question is, if I become proficient will it help me get girls?

[/quote]
Don''t you mean women? If I am to read between the lines of your post, you seem to suggest you are older...... (raises eyebrow)... 

"I''m not usually one to defend Wiz, but you don''t go deaf overnight.

So you have established he could still hear in 2005, got a bit deaf in 2009 and ended up very deaf in 2012."

It''s this which is the killer blow morty.

"Here''s the orignal song and speed:

http://youtu.be/jPVn9eLOkF0"- wiz 11/03/13

"Being totally deaf Til," wiz 03/10/2012, 8:53 PM

Chez wiz - Saturday afternoon"Yes she has checked again, and you''ve still only got four score draws this week wiz"

[quote user="City1st"]                                                 

Chez wiz - Saturday afternoon

"Yes she has checked again, and you''ve still only got four score draws this week wiz"

[/quote]

Actually, thats quite funny...............and accurate![:D]

[quote user="morty"]I''m not usually one to defend Wiz, but you don''t go deaf overnight.

So you have established he could still hear in 2005, got a bit deaf in 2009 and ended up very deaf in 2012.
[/quote]

I''ve virtually given up trying to explain this morty, but thanks for your understanding, so let them have their fun, they''ve got their own agenda with this, twisting my words and old posts, I can''t affect that kind of attitude...........their deafness is in their souls.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]"I''m not usually one to defend Wiz, but you don''t go deaf overnight. So you have established he could still hear in 2005, got a bit deaf in 2009 and ended up very deaf in 2012." It''s this which is the killer blow morty. "Here''s the orignal song and speed: http://youtu.be/jPVn9eLOkF0"- wiz 11/03/13 "Being totally deaf Til," wiz 03/10/2012, 8:53 PM[/quote]

When you''ve stood (yes, I could back then in 63'') in a 43,000 FA Cup crowd at FCR, most whom sang OTBC, trust me, you never forget that spine tingling song and its speed............my memories are not deaf you ruddy moron!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bws Cat "]"I''m not usually one to defend Wiz, but you don''t go deaf overnight. So you have established he could still hear in 2005, got a bit deaf in 2009 and ended up very deaf in 2012." It''s this which is the killer blow morty. "Here''s the orignal song and speed: http://youtu.be/jPVn9eLOkF0"- wiz 11/03/13 "Being totally deaf Til," wiz 03/10/2012, 8:53 PM[/quote]

When you''ve stood (yes, I could back then in 63'') in a 43,000 FA Cup crowd at FCR, most whom sang OTBC, trust me, you never forget that spine tingling song and its speed............my memories are not deaf you ruddy moron!

[/quote]

But are they in Black and White?

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

But are they in Black and White?

[/quote]

Lol.......cheeky bugger............we had colour back in them days too.[;)]