Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Tettey signs

Always thought Biglia was hugely unlikely, doubt very much we''ll be signing both. Don''t know much about Tettey, looking forward to seeing what he''s all about!

Sadly, appoint a defender and you get defenders. We could go down with the fewest goals against ever!

if Tettey signed yesterday, everyone would have been happy. the hype around Biglia changes nothing, still a good signing!

The new Essien, very happy with this. But concerned its only a two tear deal, if he is amazing this year we could lose him next season for a cut price amount....

Not forgetting Hughton is the one who brought in Ben arfa to Newcastle, and what a player he is. This Tettey players looks pretty promising. (from the video I saw lol)

[quote user="SNAP"]

Sadly, appoint a defender and you get defenders. We could go down with the fewest goals against ever!

[/quote]

A good defensive midfielder might just free up our attacking midfielders. i remember thinking the same thing about Megson when we signed him as a player and then saw the amazing affect he had people like Crook.

Not seen a lot of him to be honest but we desperately needed a holding midfielder & Tettey is a holding midfielder, he must be an improvement on Bradley Johnson.

Hope we''re still in with a chance of getting Biglia.

If we get both in, I think its the end for Johnson, interesting to see if he starts tomorrow with Fox still out injured.

[quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]

If you got a quality defensive midfielder shielding the back line, this means the other midfielders feel more comfortable bombing forward. If Tetty''s playing and he''s good, hopefully Howson, Snoddy and Pilks can push up more.

I always remember what a difference Gary Holt made to the entire team

Will welcome him as with all new players, but have to say I''m disappointed it wasn''t a striker. There''s still time for that I guess, but if we don''t get a good striker then it''s gonna be a long ole season.