Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Biglia and Tettey=solid midfield.

[quote user="super canary"]Presuming Biglia comes aswell, its looking very nice indeed for a Citeh style 4-2-4.[/quote]The Bglia rumour seems too substantial to not be true so we can hope.

Im really hoping for Biglia.....i think it would be massive for the club and us fans if we were able to get someone of that calibre. Very pleased with Tettey too, imagine a center mid of those two. Boom.

Honestly can''t say. Apparently it was made public today in an attempt to get a few other European clubs moving with offers they were considering.

The club did speak to him but he preferred a move to a club with European football to look forward to apparently. However, the club stated that if nobody did put a concrete offer to the player then we would be willing to take him on loan. Our offer is most likely off the table now after Tettey deal, but I don''t know for sure.

people are getting the Biglia off rumours from Dodgyrumours. it will always happen when a sought out player has a possibility of going to a club like Norwich, rumours will go fast about how it will never happen. only time can tell, although I do get the feeling that due to us getting Tettey, we won''t get Biglia. But none of us truly know.

Tettey not involved tomorrow. International clearance still to come though.

I do believe there was SOME foundation to the Biglia deal, but the person I spoke to said he was never keen on a move to a club who were not in Europe or competing for Europe.

Lol its amazing how so many people have "friends" who know so much!

[quote user="fried_chicken"]

[quote user="super canary"]Has Tettey signed too late to be involved for tomorrows game?[/quote]

yes, but he will be at the game.

[/quote]

Ta

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]people are getting the Biglia off rumours from Dodgyrumours. it will always happen when a sought out player has a possibility of going to a club like Norwich, rumours will go fast about how it will never happen. only time can tell, although I do get the feeling that due to us getting Tettey, we won''t get Biglia. But none of us truly know.

Thats where the Alexander Tettey rumour started, skysports only reported 2-3 hours ago, were as the Biglia was first talked about at 9 this morning on ssn.They''re both different players though.[/quote]

Ok, so it might not be Biglia, as much a i would like that. But i do believe we should try to get another quality central midfielder in, perhaps nzonzi, to play alongside Tettey, allowing for an attacking front four.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Tettey not involved tomorrow. International clearance still to come though. I do believe there was SOME foundation to the Biglia deal, but the person I spoke to said he was never keen on a move to a club who were not in Europe or competing for Europe.[/quote]

That is what Biglia himself said earlier this week, and was posted here this morning.

I''m not convinced the Biglia deal is off due to us dropping our interest. It might well not happen because of the player, but I think the plan for Hughton was to get BOTH, not a one or the other scenario. I can''t say I know loads about either player, but I''ve seen Biglia play a few times, and he seems like a very David Fox kind of deep lying passer, whereas from what I can gather about Tettey (who I know nothing about except youtube and what I''ve dug up online) he is a box to box Essien mould player so that says to me that it isn''t a case of just signing one or t''other.
Biglia = Fox upgrade.
Tettey = Johnson upgrade?
This in turn would free Howson to play in a more advanced role so I don''t see him being an obstacle to this theory.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Tettey not involved tomorrow. International clearance still to come though. I do believe there was SOME foundation to the Biglia deal, but the person I spoke to said he was never keen on a move to a club who were not in Europe or competing for Europe.[/quote]

That is what Biglia himself said earlier this week, and was posted here this morning.

[/quote]

Translated and open to interpretation.

Quite right Purple.  That''s what was said in the reports coming out of Anderlecht over last few days.Also think that too many people inc SSN wouldn''t be talking about it if there was nothing in it.

[quote user="kick it off"]I''m not convinced the Biglia deal is off due to us dropping our interest. It might well not happen because of the player, but I think the plan for Hughton was to get BOTH, not a one or the other scenario. I can''t say I know loads about either player, but I''ve seen Biglia play a few times, and he seems like a very David Fox kind of deep lying passer, whereas from what I can gather about Tettey (who I know nothing about except youtube and what I''ve dug up online) he is a box to box Essien mould player so that says to me that it isn''t a case of just signing one or t''other.
Biglia = Fox upgrade.
This in turn would free Howson to play in a more advanced role so I don''t see him being an obstacle to this theory.
[/quote]

Completely agree. Its a Man city type set up. They have Barry and ya ya in central mid....Barry sits and plays it simple and breaks up play, ya ya breaks upfield when he needs to, but is also able to get back into that deeper midfield area.Thats why i think we are still in the market for a Barry type cental midfielder, whether its Biglia/nzonzi or someone else. This and a ba/cisse type striker and we are sorted.

[quote user="kick it off"]I''m not convinced the Biglia deal is off due to us dropping our interest. It might well not happen because of the player, but I think the plan for Hughton was to get BOTH, not a one or the other scenario. I can''t say I know loads about either player, but I''ve seen Biglia play a few times, and he seems like a very David Fox kind of deep lying passer, whereas from what I can gather about Tettey (who I know nothing about except youtube and what I''ve dug up online) he is a box to box Essien mould player so that says to me that it isn''t a case of just signing one or t''other.

Biglia = Fox upgrade.

[/quote]

Stats can''t always be relied on, but I suspect Biglia is considerably the better player. He started 30 games for Anderlecht last season; Tettey started only seven for Rennes.

I have zero inside knowledge about whether Biglia will sign for us or not, but can I just point out the whole thing about European Football this season is a complete irrelevance. Biglia has now played CL Football for Andelecht this season which means he is now cup-tied from all European Football for any other team.

If we only have one of the two I am happy with Tettey we needed pace, power and destruction to allow the others to push up.

Biglia would have been a great signing but I would rather have the power in there.

4.5 million from rennes and sold to us for 1.2 million apparently from the rennes forum.

[quote user="TheFineCity"]I have zero inside knowledge about whether Biglia will sign for us or not, but can I just point out the whole thing about European Football this season is a complete irrelevance. Biglia has now played CL Football for Andelecht this season which means he is now cup-tied from all European Football for any other team.[/quote]

In the qualifiers you can play for a club and still be eligible to play for another club from the group stage onwards.

[quote user="TheFineCity"]I have zero inside knowledge about whether Biglia will sign for us or not, but can I just point out the whole thing about European Football this season is a complete irrelevance. Biglia has now played CL Football for Andelecht this season which means he is now cup-tied from all European Football for any other team.[/quote]

Which is why a 1 year loan before he can sign for a top four prem club like arsenal is very probable. Reminds me a lot of when West Ham got Tevez and Mascarano (spelling).

A very good point, although would he be banned from the Europa League as well as the Champions League?