Sign in to follow this  
unique

QPR perspective....

''This was poor and I am already concerned.

Its only 2 games in but based on what we''ve seen so far I think we''ll be lucky to stay up.

Every QPR fan on every QPR fans website on the internet knew that we needed a CB more than anything else, yet here we are 2 games into the season and 6 days away from the close of the window still waiting for that glaring hole to be filled!

As for today, we needed a phantom penalty that even our players never appealed for in order to score and even then Cissé did his best to screw that up.

We lumped the ball in the air despite Garrido and Bassong handling that with ease all afternoon. Couldn''t keep possession when we had the ball.

Could have done with Taarabt''s guile and creativity today but as soon as I saw he was not on the teamsheet I knew we''d struggle to create chances. Tarbs instead of Mackie for me.

It really genuinely needs to get a hell of a lot better than this though if Hughes wants to avoid a relegation battle this season.''

It may have only been a point for both sides, but Norwich''s general play and creativity, considering the fairly radical change of personnel, and only the second game in, showed great promise.

With the added options of Bennett, Hoolahan, Butterfield etc, and a bit more composure/luck in front of goal, the season is looking far brighter than a week ago.

On the day QPR looked no better than last season imo. What they do have going for them is a pot of cash which will give them hope in the longer term. I think they will be in and around the bottom third all season. Norwich got 6 points off them last year and finished 7 points above the drop line. Whilst the performance was excellent yesterday and it is nice to get a point on the board it will be remembered as a game and fixture where we dropped 2 points in what promises to be a very difficult season. We need another 39 points to stay up, i think this is possible but we may need to win the odd game against top 8 sides to get there