Sign in to follow this  
he

Style of football

Have to say i''m a bit worried after watching the qpr-game. Thought they played a lot of long balls without any adress. A bit worrying, as this playing style can give away lot of possession. And a bit worrying as qpr is not a good away team, and is not one of the best defending teams. Will be hammered against sides who keep possesion and they will bombard us.

So just to recap, because Zamora won a lot of initial balls in the air (although we sniffed out the 2nd ball well), teams who don''t play that way will hammer us?

I think i would be more concerned to be a QPR fan tonight cos their 2nd half display was really long balls without any address. I saw a real improvement on retaining posession and more composure than last week(wouldn''t be hard), and even though i didn''t watch QPR v Swansea last week if that was an improvement for them today then i think we have really high standards..I thought we looked quite progressive at times,the first goal was absolute class build up..I can only remember Ruddy having to make one save,which he did then fell foul to illegal positioning from Zamora..I think based on today we may have a little something..

"Mo'' Rockin all over the world" - I think i would be more concerned to be a QPR fan tonight cos their 2nd half display was really long balls without any address. I saw a real improvement on retaining posession and more composure than last week(wouldn''t be hard), and even though i didn''t watch QPR v Swansea last week if that was an improvement for them today then i think we have really high standards..I thought we looked quite progressive at times,the first goal was absolute class build up..I can only remember Ruddy having to make one save,which he did then fell foul to illegal positioning from Zamora..I think based on today we may have a little something..

Bang onIf they don''t get Dawson/Carvalho/Julio Cesar (still

can''t believe they''re linked to feckin'' QPR) then they''ll be looking

dodgy. Mark Hughes seems to be carrying on his trend of being average. I

was much happier with the performance today and I hope we can play like

that away from home too where points are equally important for us.

Every game is tough and this league is getting harder and harder. We

didn''t get the points we deserved today, but we didn''t come away

empty-handed either and I pray this is something to build on. Spurs away

will be a real tough test, but we''ve got to be positive like last year

at their place

The OP said we played long balls without any address so by my reckoning QPR played ''Really'' long balls  in the 2nd half,hit in hope up for Cisse to maybe get on to, or maybe not because, erm, he didn''t!..I swear we were abit more patient and played abit better football than that, but maybe I''m wrong, or maybe thats how I saw it..Anyway MOTD is on, so maybe I can find out how much better QPR were than i thought..

I know it''s hard to be impartial, or at least believe a fan of the club they are talking about isn''t always looking through the rose tinted glasses, but based on today''s game don''t see how you can be worried about us. QPR were very average, they have so many hit and miss players, so many different egos and personalities. Take Green and Cisse for example, almost completley opposite in terms of personality looking in from the outside. There players aren''t a team, they are a group of players with a few hard workers trying to keep it together.

They had no plan B, they lost 5-0 to Swans, and we''re very lucky to get a point (regardless of the penalty, we still should have won). A couple weeks ago, I said QPR wouldn''t be in the relegation battle, at least not near the end of the season. But unless they buy real quality, not inconsistent egotistical has beans/never will bes (why didn''t a better club sign Hoilet?). We played well, some great passing movements, counter attacks, long balls, taking on the full back. Our attacking play was varied, and we chased down and defended well. I''m very happy after today, just need to get the goals flowing.

Had Hoolahan come on for the last twenty minutes as support man i think it would have sealed the win. Instead there were long balls and lost possession.

[quote user="York Canary"] Mark Hughes seems to be carrying on his trend of being average.

[/quote]Well, that is a polite word for it.Yes, for those who are too eager to knock Hughton, things could be a hell of a lot worse ^^^^^

[quote user="hels"]Had Hoolahan come on for the last twenty minutes as support man i think it would have sealed the win. Instead there were long balls and lost possession.[/quote]

Again, we were the team in yellow... Your describing QPR, not how we played.

"

That was my explaination by the way City 1st.. "

but what does it mean ....... '' without an address''  ?

I''m not 100% sure what it means myself as I was quoting the OP who used that line in summary of our performance.I took it to mean hitting long hopeful balls with no structure to it but you may have to ask him exactly what it means. If that is what he meant I thought it was abit harsh on us,as I thought we played good football for the most part,maybe not the finished article obviously but I have belief again after last week..

I thought we played well, and should/could have won. A few poor decisions by the referee and linesman cost us.

In the second half, we dominated, and QPR were playing long balls to Cisse who seemed to be permanently standing in an offside position. They didn''t cause us any problems in the second half, and their best period of play was just after we scored.

Nothing to be worried about, on another day we would have won that 3-0.

Spurs and AVB aren''t exactly setting the world on fire at the moment, so don''t be surprised if we nick something there.