Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Holt vs QPR

Im not slagging the guy off, he''s a legend. But did anyone else think he looked a little leggy quite early, looked to be carrying a little bit of weight and just generally a little unfit.

Does anyone feel Morison offers more when up front on his own. I think Morison won the same amount of headers yesterday as Holt and he didnt come on until 85th minute. Im not going to tell Holt how to do his job but i always think Holt jumps too early and by the time the ball is going to reach his head he''s already coming down and the centre half wins it.

Obviously Mark Hughes doesn''t agree with you, nor do press reports.

He was a handful all game and he and Jackson were a great foil for one another

Total and utter Bull ! 
Sorry to be so blunt but this has to be the most ridiculous post about yesterdays match.  Why don''t you fools go and ask Clint Hill or Mark Hughes just how off the pace Mr Holt was yesterday.  If you actually paid any attention you may have noticed that the former had to be removed from the park at half time because he couldn''t handle our Grant !!  How many times have you seen a Premier League centre half have to be substituted after 45 minutes because he has been so totally outclassed and out fought by a centre forward.  To say some people are pathetic, small minded and completely prejudiced against one of our finest ever players is a complete understatement.  WATCH THE GAME MUPPETS.
And as for Morison winning more headers in 5 minutes, jeez !! Beggars belief.  And of course a guy whose scored umpteen goals for us and, what was it, 15 last season in the toughest league in the world, doesn''t know how to head a ball........ but you do Mr super Zak.  Moron
Rant over, I thank you [:D]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well Scooby, I should have said what you did. Well done mate.[/quote]
My pleasure. Sometimes thinks have to be said [;)]

Scooby nice one, I agree 100%. I''m actually alomost shocked in this instance that anyone would think this of Holt''s performance yesterday, and yes, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. BUT, Holt was clearly back to almost his best yesterday and worked his nuts off as usual, as did Jackson, as for over weight, definately not, all that happened last season is that as the season wore on he lost some weight, but he''s a chunky bloke anyway and I could argue for the type of game he plays actually benefits by not being too slim.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Scooby nice one, I agree 100%. I''m actually alomost shocked in this instance that anyone would think this of Holt''s performance yesterday, and yes, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. BUT, Holt was clearly back to almost his best yesterday and worked his nuts off as usual, as did Jackson, as for over weight, definately not, all that happened last season is that as the season wore on he lost some weight, but he''s a chunky bloke anyway and I could argue for the type of game he plays actually benefits by not being too slim.[/quote] 
It''s been said that you need a big hammer to drive in a long nail ........ or am I thinking of something else?[8-)]

[quote user="Scooby"]
Total and utter Bull ! 
Sorry to be so blunt but this has to be the most ridiculous post about yesterdays match.  Why don''t you fools go and ask Clint Hill or Mark Hughes just how off the pace Mr Holt was yesterday.  If you actually paid any attention you may have noticed that the former had to be removed from the park at half time because he couldn''t handle our Grant !!  How many times have you seen a Premier League centre half have to be substituted after 45 minutes because he has been so totally outclassed and out fought by a centre forward.  To say some people are pathetic, small minded and completely prejudiced against one of our finest ever players is a complete understatement.  WATCH THE GAME MUPPETS.
And as for Morison winning more headers in 5 minutes, jeez !! Beggars belief.  And of course a guy whose scored umpteen goals for us and, what was it, 15 last season in the toughest league in the world, doesn''t know how to head a ball........ but you do Mr super Zak.  Moron
Rant over, I thank you [:D]
[/quote]

He did look a bit fat tho dint he

Spot on Scooby. I didn''t go but watched the re run on sky last night. Holt looked back to his best. Shame he didn''t test the keeper more but that might have sonething to do with hill trying to rugby tackle Holt everytime. Because Holt was a pain in the bum for qpr was the reason Jackson got lots of space. They work well together. Anyway 1 goal every two games means holty should bag one saturday! No pressure

Holts not yet at his best but that will come!

He was still a nuisance for the QPR defence which even if hes not playing well thats the best we can ask for cause being a nuisance for the opposition is a tremendous asset!

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]Does anyone feel Morison offers more when up front on his own. I think Morison won the same amount of headers yesterday as Holt and he didnt come on until 85th minute. Im not going to tell Holt how to do his job but i always think Holt jumps too early and by the time the ball is going to reach his head he''s already coming down and the centre half wins it.[/quote]

But you are! Why do you believe you are qualified to do so?