Sign in to follow this  
Mo Rockin all over the world

Goal Music/On The Ball City

Great to be back at Fortress Carrow Road on a saturday again.

Looking back though I''m not sure if I was too busy going mental to notice, but i swear there was no goal music. Also i kind of heard the announcer for On The Ball City before the start but it didn''t seem as overbearing as it has done for a few years. Now whether the speakers weren''t working in the Barclay or something but I certainly preferred just what seemed crowd noise. I know there has been lots of posts started about this topic on this site/messageboard, and i''m sure a majority found the announcer/goal music/choreography thing maybe a little cringeworthy so hopefully the club has listened to those opinions..

Argh,Damnit lol..Once I''d stopped jumping around like a loon after the goal,i could see the pisstaking dance you always get in the away end after a goal but I couldn''t remember hearing the music. Maybe it was just abit quieter or something..Nevermind,I''ll put up with the embarassing goal music if we''re scoring!..

It appears as if the cringeworthy HI DE HI style proclamation of the cuckoo clock shriek was rather toned down today

unfortunately the usual boggle eyed, saliva spraying happy clappies rose up and bellowed away as if their were auditioning for the part of a scared damsell in a 1960''s Hammer House of Horrors film

[quote user="City1st"]

It appears as if the cringeworthy HI DE HI style proclamation of the cuckoo clock shriek was rather toned down today

unfortunately the usual boggle eyed, saliva spraying happy clappies rose up and bellowed away as if their were auditioning for the part of a scared damsell in a 1960''s Hammer House of Horrors film

[/quote]

Oh Yeah !! cos F**k me ..we wouldn''t want any body  joining in with the oldest football song in the world if they don''t  fit "your " perfect image of a supporter !! P**t

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

I''ve read this thrice (!) and still don''t know what you mean.

It wasn''t until after the match that it occured to me that I hadn''t heard the goal music.    It was then that I realised why the girl standing next to me (who I had never met before)  turned and gave me a hug after our goal.  Maybe she didn''t know what else to do in the abscence of the goal music and turned to me for reassurance.   If that was the case - no more goal music please!!  [:P] [:P]

"unfortunately the usual boggle eyed, saliva spraying happy clappies rose up and bellowed away as if their were auditioning for the part of a scared damsell in a 1960''s Hammer House of Horrors film''

Yes that was me.....you''ve obviously been talking to the wife again, or have you seen my holiday snaps?!

Seriously, how can anyone feel so bitter about otbc being sung loudly by fans?..... curiouser and curiouser city1st....

I couldn''t hear the goal music either. Wouldn''t be surprised if it''s been deliberately quietened down to keep both those in favour and against it happy.

I''m in two minds about the goal music. One the one hand I dont really mind it but then on the other hand I love away games when we score as there isnt any goal music. I dont get this "tinpot" argument. Who honestly cares?

"Oh Yeah !! cos F**k me ..we wouldn''t want any body joining in with the oldest football song in the world if they don''t fit "your " perfect image of a supporter !!

the word song should be the clue

I''m not a fan of the chanted version of On The Ball City, to my (admittedly fallible) ears that does take away the charm of it when it''s just people yelling the words too quickly.  Then again, things have changed now and if we went back to singing it I reckon we''d get a load of stick off that lot on Match of the Day. 

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

I''m not a fan of the chanted version of On The Ball City, to my (admittedly fallible) ears that does take away the charm of it when it''s just people yelling the words too quickly.

[/quote]

That''s the first thing you''ve ever said that I agree with.