Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

From our Paddy at the press conference...

Chris Hughton happy with defence and midfield options. So forget Biglia and Curtis Davies. In the market for a striker.

Lad at Man City Guidetti was put to Hughton. Was keen when brum boss, no recent contact or interest on that one.

On Michael Owen... Drew an amused look from Hughton. "first I have heard." was the direct quote. 

Watched the Press Conference on Canaries Player - when asked about Biglia, although Hughton denied that the club were interested in Biglia, and midfielders, he did display a "tell" (his finger went up to his face and stayed there during the denial) which makes me think there might still be some mileage here.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Watched the Press Conference on Canaries Player - when asked about Biglia, although Hughton denied that the club were interested in Biglia, and midfielders, he did display a "tell" (his finger went up to his face and stayed there during the denial) which makes me think there might still be some mileage here.[/quote]

Aha! A warning never to play poker with you, shef!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]Watched the Press Conference on Canaries Player - when asked about Biglia, although Hughton denied that the club were interested in Biglia, and midfielders, he did display a "tell" (his finger went up to his face and stayed there during the denial) which makes me think there might still be some mileage here.[/quote]

[/quote]

Purple, I''m good at spotting them, but also very bad at hiding them! Play me and you''ll win more than you lose!!

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Purple, I''m good at spotting them, but also very bad at hiding them! Play me and you''ll win more than you lose!!

[/quote]

Ah but you would say that, wouldn''t you!!!

Based on Charlie Wyett''s comments on us getting one of two prem strikers, I can see this being either Guidetti, Frazier Campbell or Cameron Jerome. Hope it gets resolved before Friday so they can be in starting eleven against Spurs

Doyle and Frazier campbell are two strikers who have been almost given the green lights for bids to come in. Especially fc, Doyle has interest from the prem

Two strikers would be the dream really, realistically I expect one.

If biglia isn''t coming off then that is a shame, but one not to dwell on, gives opportunity for our midfield group to step it up. Secondly look at the striker situation and get that new striker in ASAP.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Chris Hughton happy with defence and midfield options. So forget Biglia and Curtis Davies. In the market for a striker.

Lad at Man City Guidetti was put to Hughton. Was keen when brum boss, no recent contact or interest on that one.

On Michael Owen... Drew an amused look from Hughton. "first I have heard." was the direct quote. 

[/quote]

Just because hes happy with Defence and Midfield doesnt mean he won''t improve it!

[quote user="shefcanary"]Watched the Press Conference on Canaries Player - when asked about Biglia, although Hughton denied that the club were interested in Biglia, and midfielders, he did display a "tell" (his finger went up to his face and stayed there during the denial) which makes me think there might still be some mileage here.[/quote]Or we did make enquiries earlier but decided on Tettey.

Or of course this ''he did display a "tell"'' could have been a complex double bluff...

Though probably not...

Watched the Press Conference on Canaries Player - when asked about

Biglia, although Hughton denied that the club were interested in Biglia,

and midfielders, he did display a "tell" (his finger went up to his

face and stayed there during the denial) which makes me think there

might still be some mileage here.Or we did make enquiries earlier but decided on Tettey.they''re two different types of player, so i''d say no.

Thought Tettey and Biglia were both defensive midfielders? But Bigila offered a little more going forward? Either way I think it was either Tettey or Biglia and we''ve chosen Tettey.

[quote user="Ben"]Thought Tettey and Biglia were both defensive midfielders? But Bigila offered a little more going forward? Either way I think it was either Tettey or Biglia and we''ve chosen Tettey.[/quote]That''s what I thought.

[quote user="Ben"]Thought Tettey and Biglia were both defensive midfielders? But Bigila offered a little more going forward? Either way I think it was either Tettey or Biglia and we''ve chosen Tettey.[/quote]
Tettey = Better Bradley Johnson
Biglia = a better David Fox.
Both DMs yes, but totally different types of players. In the same way Holt and Cinammon are both strikers but you would hardly call their style similar.