Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Autobiography help required

Hi,I am in the process of writing an autobiography for an ex-Norwich player and was wondering if any of you could help with the following information.Appearances and goals for the 93/94 seasonTeams for Norwich vs Vitesse (inc subs and time they came on) Norwich vs Bayern Munich (inc subs and time they came on)Currently, I cannot reveal the player in question, but if anyone can help with the above, it''d be greatly appreciated.

Everything you need is here mate LINKeg Wednesday, 15. September 1993

1 : 0     Efan Ekoku 51.2 : 0     Jeremy Goss 68.3 : 0     John Polston 71.                     Bryan Gunn         John Polston         Robert Newman         Ian Culverhouse         Mark Bowen         Gary Megson     81''    Jeremy Goss         Ian Crook         Chris Sutton     89''    Ruel Fox         Efan Ekoku      Darren Eadie     81''    Mark Robins     89''Wednesday, 29. September 19930-0                Bryan Gunn         John Polston         Robert Newman         Ian Culverhouse         Ian Butterworth         Mark Bowen         Jeremy Goss         Ian Crook         Chris Sutton         Ruel Fox         Efan Ekoku     85''    Gary Megson     85''

Just look on the left hand side menu for "Dates and results" and "squads and appearances"

Thank you Rootin - Greatly appreciated. Mr Chops - i''ll bite on this - what makes you think I am not writing an autobiography?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Chirp"]Hi,I am in the process of writing an autobiography for an ex-Norwich player [/quote]Clearly you''re not.[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxn48wSiCzg

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"]Everything you need is here mate LINKeg Wednesday, 15. September 1993

1 : 0     Efan Ekoku 51.2 : 0     Jeremy Goss 68.3 : 0     John Polston 71.                     Bryan Gunn         John Polston         Robert Newman         Ian Culverhouse         Mark Bowen         Gary Megson     81''    Jeremy Goss         Ian Crook         Chris Sutton     89''    Ruel Fox         Efan Ekoku      Darren Eadie     81''    Mark Robins     89''

[/quote]

Eadie came on for Megson when we were 3 - 0 up! Wow, now that''s an attacking statement indeed! (Queue Hughton bashing....)

[quote user="The Chirp"]Thank you Rootin - Greatly appreciated.

Mr Chops - i''ll bite on this - what makes you think I am not writing an autobiography?
[/quote]

Clearly Chirp you have no idea what an autobiography is.

[quote user="City1st"]

I think the clue is in the 10th word of the OP

[/quote]This is why i rarely post on this mb - the people on this messageboard are so... difficult. If you browse your collection of autobiographies, I am quite sure you will find they are often written by someone else rather than the person who the book is about. .

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Eadie came on for Megson when we were 3 - 0 up! Wow, now that''s an attacking statement indeed! (Queue Hughton bashing....)[/quote]Wouldn''t happen nowadays sadly. That was actually Eadies NCFC debut to boot if I remember correctly.

You write a biography.

The player in question would write an autobiography.

I think,now you got me confused[:S]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Thank you Rootin - Greatly appreciated. Mr Chops - i''ll bite on this - what makes you think I am not writing an autobiography?[/quote]

[/quote]See my reply to someone else who is just as pathetic as you. I simply asked a question as I needed help on some research. Silly thing to do on here as I forgot that many of the posters here have nothing better to do in their lives than to find potential fault and argue the sky isn''t blue. I am a journalist who is ghostwriting an autobiography - or helping to write a footballer''s story. Can you understand that or does that not compute with you? Pinkun keyboard warriors... you''ve got to love them!

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="City1st"]

I think the clue is in the 10th word of the OP

[/quote]This is why i rarely post on this mb - the people on this messageboard are so... difficult. If you browse your collection of autobiographies, I am quite sure you will find they are often written by someone else rather than the person who the book is about. . [/quote]If that''s all you have to contribute, it''s a good job you "rarely post".  Zzzzzzzz.Autobiography - An autobiography (from the Greek, αὐτός-autos self + βίος-bios life + γράφειν-graphein to write) is an account of the life of a person, written by its subject.Unless the OP is a former NCFC footballer, possibly an anagram of JeremG Yoss, he is not writing an autobiography.The End.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Thank you Rootin - Greatly appreciated. Mr Chops - i''ll bite on this - what makes you think I am not writing an autobiography?[/quote]

[/quote]See my reply to someone else who is just as pathetic as you. I simply asked a question as I needed help on some research. Silly thing to do on here as I forgot that many of the posters here have nothing better to do in their lives than to find potential fault and argue the sky isn''t blue. I am a journalist who is ghostwriting an autobiography - or helping to write a footballer''s story. Can you understand that or does that not compute with you? Pinkun keyboard warriors... you''ve got to love them![/quote]And your first port of call for research is the Pink Un message board, and you then bitch and whine because you didn''t get what you wanted.Ooooooh, freelance journalists.  You''ve got to love them.  (Note correct use of capitalisation for future articles).

[quote user="Herman "]

You write a biography.

[/quote]A biography is written about a person by someone else. An autobiography is written by the person the story is about. However, many people have someone else to help write the story for them. See Darren Huckerby, Bryan Gunn and Iwan Roberts'' autobiographies as examples. In the same sense, every column you read is likely to be written with the help of a journalist.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Autobiography - An autobiography (from the Greek, αὐτός-autos self + βίος-bios life + γράφειν-graphein to write) is an account of the life of a person, written by its subject.

[/quote]From the same source ie Wiki"

Sensationalist and celebrity "autobiographies"

From the 17th century onwards, "scandalous memoirs" by supposed libertines, serving a public taste for titillation, have been frequently published. Typically pseudonymous, they were (and are) largely works of fiction written by ghostwriters.

So-called "autobiographies" of modern professional athletes and media

celebrities—and to a lesser extent about politicians, generally written

by a ghostwriter, are routinely published. Some celebrities, such as Naomi Campbell, admit to not having read their "autobiographies".[cit

"

Most autobiographies are in fact ghosted Chops. So that isn''t unusual at all. Fingers crossed there is a book coming out and preferably about someone who was at Norwich for a long time so had a good story to tell about the club during that period . I didn''t buy Sutton''s book because he just wasn''t at Norwich long enough for it to appeal to me (as good as a player as he was).

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Herman "]

You write a biography.

[/quote]

A biography is written about a person by someone else.

An autobiography is written by the person the story is about. However, many people have someone else to help write the story for them.

See Darren Huckerby, Bryan Gunn and Iwan Roberts'' autobiographies as examples.

In the same sense, every column you read is likely to be written with the help of a journalist.
[/quote]

Get you now.Ghosting![Y]

[/quote]See my reply to someone else who is just as pathetic as you. I simply asked a question as I needed help on some research. Silly thing to do on here as I forgot that many of the posters here have nothing better to do in their lives than to find potential fault and argue the sky isn''t blue. I am a journalist who is ghostwriting an autobiography - or helping to write a footballer''s story. Can you understand that or does that not compute with you? Pinkun keyboard warriors... you''ve got to love them![/quote]That clears that up.  So we now now this ex-player will claim to have written it himself when he hasn''t.  **** that.

[quote user="Jacko"]Most autobiographies are in fact ghosted Chops. So that isn''t unusual at all. Fingers crossed there is a book coming out and preferably about someone who was at Norwich for a long time so had a good story to tell about the club during that period . I didn''t buy Sutton''s book because he just wasn''t at Norwich long enough for it to appeal to me (as good as a player as he was).[/quote]It''s a player most Norwich fans will be keen to read about - even Mr Chops!

I would hardly call pointing out what an autobiography is ... is being difficult

Nor would I suggest, that given how skeptical and dismissive you are if the forum, you would consider coming here for reliable infomation. How would you check what you were told was accurate ?

A final suggestion. Many autobiographies are ghost written, but the whole point is again. in the title ''ghost'' ie the general public is not supposed to know they are NOT written by the subject.

I can''t help think that were this to be true you have somewhat blown the gaff, a bit

[quote user="The Chirp"]Thank you Rootin - Greatly appreciated.

Mr Chops - i''ll bite on this - what makes you think I am not writing an autobiography?
[/quote]

[/quote]

See my reply to someone else who is just as pathetic as you. I simply asked a question as I needed help on some research. Silly thing to do on here as I forgot that many of the posters here have nothing better to do in their lives than to find potential fault and argue the sky isn''t blue.

I am a journalist who is ghostwriting an autobiography - or helping to write a footballer''s story. Can you understand that or does that not compute with you?

Pinkun keyboard warriors... you''ve got to love them!
[/quote]

[8]Yippie yi Ohhhhh
Yippie yi yaaaaay

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]That clears that up.  So we now now this ex-player will claim to have written it himself when he hasn''t.  **** that.[/quote]Mr Kipling didn''t actually bake that cake just as Aunt Bessie didn''t actually make the Yorkshire puddings, but did that spoil your enjoyment of them?

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]
That clears that up.  So we now now this ex-player will claim to have written it himself when he hasn''t.  **** that.
[/quote]

Mr Kipling didn''t actually bake that cake just as Aunt Bessie didn''t actually make the Yorkshire puddings, but did that spoil your enjoyment of them?
[/quote]

They were still exceedingly good.

[quote user="City1st"]

Nor would I suggest, that given how skeptical and dismissive you are if the forum, you would consider coming here for reliable infomation. How would you check what you were told was accurate ?

[/quote]He was supplied with direct links to a very extensive and reputable football stats site. [quote user="City1st"]

A final suggestion. Many autobiographies are ghost written, but the

whole point is again. in the title ''ghost'' ie the general public is not

supposed to know they are NOT written by the subject.

[/quote]Are the sheeple naive enough to always believe that the subject has actually written the book themselves?[:S] That''s worrying....

[quote user="The Chirp"]Agreed! Signing out.[/quote]

Ever heard the one about pecking the hand that feeds you[:^)]

Did Martin Peters ghost write his autobiography ?

An old cold hack went writin'' out
one dark and windy day
Upon a thread he posted
as he sought to earn his pay

When all at once a naughty herd
of re plied words he saw
A laughin at the ragged lies
and at his bludy chore

Yippie I Ay, Yippie I Oh
Ghost writers in the sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqTNJQ233BE