Sign in to follow this  
Canarypops

Grant Holt

Really do think he needs Lamberts diet and to think some idiots on here still say he had a good game

Hes slow ,lazy spends most of his time moaning at people

Must have been watching a different game to me then. Didn''t the QPR centre-half that was marking him first-half get taken off second half?

Still, thanks for the post, feel it added a lot to the debate.

Amen op!

Won nothing in the air all game, too many fans looking though grant holt tinted glasses!

Last season he was unbeliverble, but I can''t see him repeating it this year

You can''t see him repeating it? Why? Because he hasn''t got a goal yet? It''s been two games and your already writing him off. He made Clint Hill cry so much in that first half that Hughes had to yank him off. And yes, Holt should be held in high regard for being one of, if not THE, most important player for us over the past few seasons.

Have to agree with the original poster - those actually at the game could see he was fat and not chasing down lost causes as in the past. Should have been off at half time and unless he sorts himself out, perhaps he should be shipped out. Crossed a line when he put in a transfer request and will have to show a remarkable return to form if he wants to regain favour. Perhaps he looked thinner on an internet stream?

Everyone was saying the same thing at the start of last season aswell. He always starts the season slow and improves as he gains his fitness. He will score goals this season.

[quote user="Canarypops"]Really do think he needs Lamberts diet and to think some idiots on here still say he had a good game

Hes slow ,lazy spends most of his time moaning at people[/quote]

Dobt you know pinkun is for Norwich fans. You would come in the same category as wiz if you think that

Ha ha yeah Clint Hill was marking him and got subbed at half time because he couldn''t handle him and would have been sent off.

Holt played well and is a notoriously slow starter to a season.

To be fair, Holty does look a few pounds over his weight!

He did a good job against QPR, roughed up the defence and got a number of free kicks, took both CB with him for Jacksons goal, creating the space.

Wasn''t lazy but a tad slower than last season!

Does need to shed a few pounds and quick!

The same thing has been said for the last 3 seasons now. Jesus just give him a chance he''s played 2 games, 1 where the whole team were awful.

[quote user="super canary"]You can''t see him repeating it? Why? Because he hasn''t got a goal yet? It''s been two games and your already writing him off. He made Clint Hill cry so much in that first half that Hughes had to yank him off. And yes, Holt should be held in high regard for being one of, if not THE, most important player for us over the past few seasons.[/quote]

How do you know that was the reason? He may of been carrying a injury for all we know!

I''m not saying I want him out of the team, maybe just use him as a sub or a starter now and then! It is a team game after all, if we have to rely on him all season again, I think that will be dangerous

Everyyear he has been here he is overweight after pre season, he soon picks up  after competative games and i think the same will happen this season, no need to worry  if fit he will still give us a good return

[quote user="SYG"][quote user="super canary"]You can''t see him repeating it? Why? Because he hasn''t got a goal yet? It''s been two games and your already writing him off. He made Clint Hill cry so much in that first half that Hughes had to yank him off. And yes, Holt should be held in high regard for being one of, if not THE, most important player for us over the past few seasons.[/quote]

How do you know that was the reason? He may of been carrying a injury for all we know!

I''m not saying I want him out of the team, maybe just use him as a sub or a starter now and then! It is a team game after all, if we have to rely on him all season again, I think that will be dangerous[/quote]

I think it has been well documented that Hill was brought off to save himself being sent off as he had fouled Holt roughly 798 times in 45 minutes. So use him as a starter now and again? Who would you replace him with that could do a better job?

Holt has done well for us in the past but his inclusion in the team this season has to be on merit alone.

More than one observer is concerned about his size and it affecting how much of his game we love (chasing lost causes) that we are not seeing this year.  Pointing that out is not sacrilige or make the poster a binner.

Against Fulham he was isolated but still poor at holding the ball up and morison was much better, then, as with much of the team,  he improved against QPR.    He is not yet performing at last years level offering little threat,  (we have the lowest shots total so far)  if that remains he should be rested;   for me, at the moment he keeps his place against Spurs  

Every so often, out they come, the binners and the Holt bashers.    He has to prove himself all over again.      The op may or may not have been at the match, but if he has been he would have seena good battle between Holt and Hill - which Holt won by half time.   Holt''s run to the near post allowed space for Jackson to score, not to mention his lay off to Snodgrass (?)  and on to Pilkington for the cross for the goal.    He had no clear cut chances for himself  - there was one cross at the far post where he was well positioned but the defender just managed to cut out the cross - but he worked his socks off.    Holt detractors seem to be fixated with his weight, but he has a big frame and weighs what he weighs.   And he didn''t tire so much that he had to be taken off,   lasted well nearly the whole game.        He has proved he has what it takes - but still there are people who would rather knock him than give him credit.   Why is that? 

I agree, seemed slow and lazy against QPR, but still I have no doubt he will perform, he had a slow start last season but once he got started he was unstoppable. As soon as we get a new striker in it should add some competition for places among the strikers and he will have a bit more drive to perform. We all know how much he hates starting on the bench, few more games and he doesnt perform hughton will stick him on the bench, that will piss Holt off and he will come on as a flaming sub which will kick start his fire again :)

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Every so often, out they come, the binners and the Holt bashers.    He has to prove himself all over again.      The op may or may not have been at the match, but if he has been he would have seena good battle between Holt and Hill - which Holt won by half time.   Holt''s run to the near post allowed space for Jackson to score, not to mention his lay off to Snodgrass (?)  and on to Pilkington for the cross for the goal.    He had no clear cut chances for himself  - there was one cross at the far post where he was well positioned but the defender just managed to cut out the cross - but he worked his socks off.    Holt detractors seem to be fixated with his weight, but he has a big frame and weighs what he weighs.   And he didn''t tire so much that he had to be taken off,   lasted well nearly the whole game.        He has proved he has what it takes - but still there are people who would rather knock him than give him credit.   Why is that? 

[/quote]

For some, nothing Holt has done or will do will ever be enough. It baffles me too LDC.

Ask the QPr defence about Holt on Saturday. I bet they''ll say he was a right handful,meh n at least 3 free kicks in good positions, created space for Jackson. All that was lacking for him was a goal.

He''s not fat, he wasn''t lazy. Your an idiot if you think either of those or anything similar are true. For a start, do you really think Hughton would start a fat, unfit player? Of course not.

Jackson scored on Saturday because Holt made a near post run to give him space behind. Against Fulham at times he had three defenders around him if he was so unfit as you say why would they bother. He is a marked man which will give others room and space to score.

H

What is it with this forum and not being allowed to be slightly negative football is about opinions and its seems certain people wish to put posters in a class of being a moaner or binner if anything bad is said

I really do hope that Holt does what he did last year and get fitter as the season goes on but if you remember he got better by Lambert dropping him cause he was lazy and not fit the same needs to happen this year based on pre season and the league games so far

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Jackson scored on Saturday because Holt made a near post run to give him space behind. Against Fulham at times he had three defenders around him if he was so unfit as you say why would they bother. He is a marked man which will give others room and space to score. H[/quote]

Please don''t write insightful posts on this forum. You''ll stick out like a sore thumb[Y]

He got himself slimmed down and fit last season because Lambert dropped him , will he have the same urge to get fit this season if he is first name on the team sheet . I suppose if you just want a big man to throw a bit of weight around Holt is your man , but for me he will not get anywhere near last seasons total ,he looks old,fat and slow. I have never hid the fact i think we should have sold him this summer when he was shouting his mouth off everywhere that he wanted out  , huge mistake keeping him now he thinks he is bigger than the club and does not even need to get fit,To me he is going to be this seasons weak link , a strikers place going to waste , just hope the striker Hughton brings in is Holts replacement .

[quote user="Ncfc"]He got himself slimmed down and fit last season because Lambert dropped him , will he have the same urge to get fit this season if he is first name on the team sheet . I suppose if you just want a big man to throw a bit of weight around Holt is your man , but for me he will not get anywhere near last seasons total ,he looks old,fat and slow. I have never hid the fact i think we should have sold him this summer when he was shouting his mouth off everywhere that he wanted out  , huge mistake keeping him now he thinks he is bigger than the club and does not even need to get fit,
To me he is going to be this seasons weak link , a strikers place going to waste , just hope the striker Hughton brings in is Holts replacement .
[/quote]

Could you count the Blackpool goals on the fingers of one hand[:^)]

[quote user="Canarypops"]What is it with this forum and not being allowed to be slightly negative football is about opinions and its seems certain people wish to put posters in a class of being a moaner or binner if anything bad is said I really do hope that Holt does what he did last year and get fitter as the season goes on but if you remember he got better by Lambert dropping him cause he was lazy and not fit the same needs to happen this year based on pre season and the league games so far[/quote]

So Lambert stated that he dropped him because he was lazy and not fit? I''d be interested to see those quotes, perhaps you could let us know where they are.