Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

George Francomb

thought he was excellent tonite after a bit of a nervy start!! good to see him get MOTM too!!! I think he could push Russ Martin close for a first team spot by the end of the season, especillay after what Hughton said in his interview!!

Was good performance from him. More first team experience and he could be a very good back up player, potentially more. A 3 month loan with first team football in the championship would do him the world of good.

I watched him very closely in the second half from a very good viewpoint in the lower Barclay... the lad had a great game, good tracking, good tackling and held his position very well. Really hope he comes good and gets a good run in the first team.

Think he will be our first outfield youth player to be a serious contender for the first team if he continues to develop well. Would love to see him, Korey and Adeyemi make it as pros. Our academy''s last product of any real note would have been Jason Shackell

Pleased to hear this. I found myself sitting with his family at Gillingham when we played there in the paint pot. They were great people. George seems down to earth with a good attitude which is great to see because he must have been disappointed when Spurs didn''t keep him on. Glad the club are keeping faith with him.

Great game, someone who I have thought would come through.

It will however take time and maybe as said a loan to a good Championship club will help immensely. Defenders need not so much to be good. but to be consistent. The higher you go the harder the punishment is for any error.

There has been very little comment on both Bassong and Snodgrasses missed headers ie goals - but Turners errors have been repeatedly highlighted.

Good to see ''one of ours'' coming through

Aye, is good (and about time) to see some lads coming through and knocking on the first team door. The problem then is trusting them enough to play with the bug guys in the PL as it is rather unforgiving, particularly for a defender.

[quote user="AJ"]Think he will be our first outfield youth player to be a serious contender for the first team if he continues to develop well. Would love to see him, Korey and Adeyemi make it as pros. Our academy''s last product of any real note would have been Jason Shackell[/quote]
Didn''t Lansbury start off with us? (until he was like, 9) :D

I watched him from jar told first half and he was terrible! Had no clue how to defend against Barcham, a wrong offside call saved him and the fact the opposition didn''t have the quality to pick Barcham out with the pass. I was shocked when he was given Motm, very poor.

He was steady for me but lets not forget he was playing against lower league 1 opposition. He needs competitive games in the championship to really assess his potential

Completely agree with sheringham very poor first half I was right at the front by of the Harold basically opposite him and he lost his man behind him repeadedly and would have been punished if not for the wrong offside call. Picked up in the 2nd half though

I thought he done ok but not great, as many have said he started slow and Barcham caused him problems until he got a knock and slowed down a bit.

He grew into the game though and the experience will help him. I think he needs regular Championship football before we start thinking about him pushing R.Martin for a starting place.

Personally I thought Wes, Fox and maybe Surman were better shouts for MOM, but George done ok.

[quote user="baldyboy"]thought he was excellent tonite after a bit of a nervy start!! good to see him get MOTM too!!! I think he could push Russ Martin close for a first team spot by the end of the season, especillay after what Hughton said in his interview!!
[/quote]

We also have Whittaker though. I''m looking forward to seeing this player back in action.