Sign in to follow this  
Stu Robson

there is still hope

The only possibility of staying up i feel is to:

We HAVE to WIN Charlton (H), Newcastle (H), Birmingham (H)

We HAVE to DRAW a few away games or get a AWAY WIN

Plus other results need to go for us.

i can see us beating charlton and birmingham and i think we can beat newcastle. But we really need a away win (palace or saints) which i cant really see. But you never know. We could of won at pompey so theres hope yet.

It''s not going to happen Stu. We knew it would be tough. It has been. Its disappointing but we take heart from Bolton and Charlton to bounce back stronger next time.

Have the performances over the last 30 games not given you a little hint as to our ultimate fate.  

Im sorry Stu but I just wish I had your optimism.  We are at the end of the day at this present time the worst team in the league.  The league table shows this and that is the only thng we can go on because that does not lie.  To suddenly improve over 100% in order to get the necessary points to stay up is totally beyond us.  Even Worthy has now admitted that it is going to be such an uphill task and his thoughts must surely rub off onto the players.  Our performances at the back do not give me the slightest bit of optimism that we could pull off the impossible.  Yes our forward line is starting to click but what is the point in scoring 3 if we let in 4.  It is thought such a shame that our defence is so poor because I firmly believe with a tighter defence (one with Shackell in it before now) we could have easily gained the necessary points to stay up.  Just six more points at this stage and we would have been level with Palace with it still all to play for.  In my book it is the defence that has got us relegated.  

the games we HAVE to win are Soton and Palace away - and then hope we collect 4 more points than both of these two from the remaining games - but the fat lady is already clearing her throat.

[quote]The only possibility of staying up i feel is to: We HAVE to WIN Charlton (H), Newcastle (H), Birmingham (H) We HAVE to DRAW a few away games or get a AWAY WIN Plus other results need to go for us. ...[/quote]

There is no hope Stu. I''m sorry. Whatever anyone tries to tell you, the table never lies. Norwich were a good Championship team, but never changed to suit the Premiership. No real quality was introduced, and the management was not up to it. And too much was expected from a player not good enough for the Premiership - Huckerby.