Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Tonight's attendance.

Norwich fans didn''t give Gerrard a standing ovation, a few fans applauded him. BIG difference. And only complete and utter stuck up tw@ts like you actually care. Stop acting like your superior, your really not.

You can hardly blame the stay-away fans, given our record of sending out makeshift sides against so-called inferior teams in cup competions.Following the Leicester debacle last season, I did say something along the lines of  ''that performance could well have an impact on future attendance figures for cup matches''.Our supporters could be forgiven their non-appearance having witnessed the pathetic attitude of previous managers and players when it comes to these competions. However small the admission fee, money is tight for many people now and they will think long and hard when it comes to spending it.Perhaps CH has a different perspective when it comes to cup matches, time will tell.

I like how a few people on here can just presume some fans have the time or money to go, like they know your life inside out.Our poor cup form doesn''t put me off going, I would have gone if I could.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Massive non-show from season ticket holders last night. Every seat for miles around me is taken by STs of many years standing. Apart from the peole I went with, I didn''t recognise a single face. All families and young kids (most of whom were asleep by the end). Perhaps becasue we''re now a "big team", Premiership fans don''t bother with "tin-pot competitions" like the League Cup. If you didn''t go last night, you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirrot, squint really hard, and try to ignore the FAIRWEATHER FAN sign over your head[/quote]

That was also my experience.  Six of us ST''s and not a familiar face in sight.  I draw no particular conclusions or value judgements from that but it was factually true.

I must admit that I missed the usual idiots I sit amongst when surrounded by the much greater stranger idiots who sat and moaned, the kids who just talked incessant rubbish and the guy who thought we all needed his commentary on what was before us. "Francomb passes to Ruddy who gives it to Turner etc bloody etc!!"

I for one was glad the usual ST holder behind me wasn''t there, she would have been moaning non stop about Moro and Martin.

would you care to pull up the attendances for any midweek league game played during the 09-10 season? I would be interested to see how it is most likely way above 13000
the simple fact is Norwich aren''t a cup club, you can say fans go for the big names all you want. big yourself up for being a ''real fan.'' but, look at this and tell me what you think about our fans 
Aug 8FTNorwich City1-7Colchester United25,217League One
Aug 15FTExeter City1-1Norwich City6,357League One
Aug 18FTBrentford2-1Norwich City7,395League One
Aug 22FTNorwich City5-2Wycombe Wanderers23,428League One
Aug 29FTHartlepool United0-2Norwich City4,470League One
Sep 5FTNorwich City0-0Walsall23,041League One
Sep 14FTMilton Keynes Dons2-1Norwich City10,354League One
Sep 19FTNorwich City2-2Charlton Athletic24,018League One
Sep 26FTGillingham1-1Norwich City7,550League One
Sep 29FTNorwich City4-0Leyton Orient23,981League One
Oct 3FTNorwich City5-1Bristol Rovers24,117League One
Oct 10FTCarlisle United0-1Norwich City6,825League One
Oct 19FTLeeds United2-1Norwich City19,912League One
Oct 24FTNorwich City1-0Swindon Town24,959League One
Oct 31FTStockport County1-3Norwich City5,218League One
Nov 14FTNorwich City2-0Tranmere Rovers25,025League One
Nov 21FTSouthampton2-2Norwich City21,362League One
Nov 24FTNorwich City4-1Brighton & Hove Albion24,617League One
Dec 1FTSouthend United0-3Norwich City8,732League One
Dec 5FTNorwich City2-0Oldham Athletic24,404League One
Dec 12FTYeovil Town3-3Norwich City4,964League One
Dec 19FTNorwich City3-0Huddersfield Town25,004League One
Dec 26FTNorwich City2-0Millwall25,242League One
Dec 28PostpWalsallP - PNorwich CityBanks''s StadiumLeague One
Jan 2FTWycombe Wanderers0-1Norwich City7,171League One
Jan 9FTNorwich City3-1Exeter City24,955League One
Jan 12PostpWalsallP - PNorwich CityBanks''s StadiumLeague One
Jan 16FTColchester United0-5Norwich City10,064League One
Jan 23FTNorwich City1-0Brentford24,979League One
Jan 26FTWalsall1-2Norwich City5,022League One
Jan 30FTNorwich City2-1Hartlepool United25,506League One
Feb 6FTMillwall2-1Norwich City14,374League One
Feb 13FTBrighton & Hove Albion1-2Norwich City7,258League One
Feb 20FTNorwich City0-2Southampton25,103League One
Feb 23FTNorwich City2-1Southend United24,824League One
Feb 27FTOldham Athletic0-1Norwich City5,344League One
Mar 6FTNorwich City3-0Yeovil Town24,868League One
Mar 13FTHuddersfield Town1-3Norwich City17,959League One
Mar 20FTSwindon Town1-1Norwich City11,972League One
Mar 27FTNorwich City1-0Leeds United25,445League One
Apr 2FTTranmere Rovers3-1Norwich City6,263League One
Apr 5FTNorwich City2-1Stockport County25,353League One
Apr 10FTNorwich City1-1Milton Keynes Dons24,888League One
Apr 13FTLeyton Orient2-1Norwich City7,520League One
Apr 17FTCharlton Athletic0-1Norwich City20,023League One
Apr 24FTNorwich City2-0Gillingham25,227League One
May 1FTBristol Rovers0-3Norwich City8,836League One
May 8FTNorwich City0-2Carlisle United25,181League One

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Because REAL fans support the team and not just at lah-didah big time Premiership games where they can wet themselves about getting a glimpse og Stevie G or Rooney. I''ll put a question to you. Why are attendances bigger at Premiership games than at cup games against Scunthropre? Because the majority of "fans" (those who didn''t show up last night) are more interested in the opposition and their big stars than supporting Norwich City. FACT![/quote]

I didn''t go last night because

- Tuesday nights are awkward for me... I work and have a young baby (so baby duties for me in the evenings!).

- It''s an added expense... yes it was cheap, but I already spend hundreds on the club each year.

- the club doesn''t take the cup seriously, so I don''t feel I should put loads of effort & spend more money due to this.

I expect there''s loads of people in a similar situation & who have been burnt in the past (i.e. put a lot of effort into seeing a cup game that we don'' take seriously).

That said, I''ve had a season ticket for nearly 20 years and never left a match early (including Colchester)... I''ve also only missed a couple home game in that time & that was when I was seriously ill (booked holiday & other commitments around the fixture list). But with your logic I''m not a real fan?

So now we know! Ginger Pele was one of those clapping like a lobotomised sealion with trousers round his ankles when Stevie G left the field of play! How will you contain yourself until we play those big teams again?? You might get to see Rooney this time, it must have been such a disappointment he didn''t play last season. You must have cried yourself to sleep.

Back in the say, season tickets included admission to reserve team games. Very few took the offer up back then either.........

Went yesterday, but only because I was in the area on holiday, and fancied taking my 5-year-old for her first ever game.

Good entertainment for £11 combined, but would not have done the same if it had meant making the usual 2-hour trip up.

Because the attendance was never going to be huge, I chose tickets in a different area from my season ticket, and probably many others did likewise. So, contrary to appearances, there could well have been a healthy number of ST holders mixed in. That said, there were lots of kids. Why not, especially as there''s no school start for the next morning.

Cracking goal from Lappin!

Mungo I wasn''t at the Liverpool game. Your an idiot, if your posts are serious then you have some serious mental issues.

Im a season ticket holder but didnt go. Ive taken a long hard look at myself and have concluded its MY decision if i go to a match that comes separately from my ST and therefore would have to pay for (albeit only a tenner).

My son is a week and 2 days old and I wanted to spend some time with him and my family. Is that ok? With work and family commitments, NCFC is fit in around them and I''m indebted to my wife for putting up with the amount of time and money I spend on city already. So the decision to spend some time with her and putting my kids to bed was quite an easy one to make.

...and one of the main things I have to look forward to is taking my sons to carrow rd when they''re older but at a week old..?

Just saying many reasons a ST holder doesn''t have to go, and they certainly shouldnt be made to feel guilty for not doing so

I went but didnt sit in my normal seat.I dont really see the "we didnt get a good attendance because its only league cup" argument.We''re away at Spurs on saturday and that hasnt sold out. Price - no matter how good it is to some of us- prevents some from going because sadly as a country we''re in a poor economic position.