Sign in to follow this  
YellowFellow

we need a striker? Duh! but who?

Yes we need a striker, or two, we all know it, Hughton knows it but its the hardest position to buy quality in. Yes talk about it, debate who we should and shouldnt buy, thats the fun part but please stop whingeing about it. Im sure Hughton has his own targets, and it will probably be someone we have never heard off, but we are unlikely to hear anything until he signs someone, which is the right way to go about it.

I just thought so many people say we need a striker but make no suggestions as to who we should buy, so what do you think? who should we realistically be trying to sign? I will put a few suggestions off the top of my head, see what you think and make other suggestions

Emile Heskey-free transfer- NO, too old too slow, and older version of Holt without the goals

Michael Owen-free transfer-Maybe, id be happy to sign him on pay as you play,im confident he could come off the bench and make the difference in games like QPR but wages and injury so risky, i think he should be signed as an addition to a new striker rather then the new striker

cameron Jerome-I wouldnt be too unhappy with him, id certainly rte him above martin and works harder then morison

Nicky Maynard-Another possible, but i think hes just a lesser mans simeon jackson, so i wouldnt be too excited about this one

Gary Hooper-Good player from what little football iv seen in scotland, looks the part, scores lots of goals, but would he leave celtic for us? and another risk, would he be another Boyd or another Jelavic

en.wikipedia.org

Mohammed "Moa" Abdellaoue -strongly rumoured to be signing, but as yet no sightings of him at the local asda car park. Looks quality and is the one striker id love to get, but again i personally think its unlikely as bigger clubs are supposedly after him, but i think hughton could manage it.

Ricky lambert,-I would love him but southampton wouldnt sell and he would see it as at best a sideways move, no chance

Andy Carroll-loan, i would be pretty happy with this, but again unlikely and he would have to earn his place in front of holt.

Thats about all i can think off for now, there are lots out there, what are your opinions??

We do need a striker but i don''t think it will make much difference come May. I think we are for the drop. Not trying to wind anyone up. It''s just honestly what I feel.

i forgot to say Jordan Rhodes, who again id love to sign, but wouldnt pyat over £5mil for

Ivan Klasnic, hes out of contract, looked good at a poor Bolton last season, another id be happy with

I''d put a cheeky bid in for Shane Long.

Lukaku arriving has to move him down the pecking order at West Brom.

Pretty unrealistic, but he is one of my favourite players.

[quote user="87canary"]I''d put a cheeky bid in for Shane Long. Lukaku arriving has to move him down the pecking order at West Brom. Pretty unrealistic, but he is one of my favourite players.[/quote]

Yes, well down the pecking order

2 Premier League games, 2 starts for Shane Long

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="87canary"]I''d put a cheeky bid in for Shane Long. Lukaku arriving has to move him down the pecking order at West Brom. Pretty unrealistic, but he is one of my favourite players.[/quote]

[/quote]
Cheers statszone.
Apologies for not keeping up with who starts every week for West Brom.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Cheers statszone.

[/quote]

Made it obvious that you were guessing though.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="87canary"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Cheers statszone.

[/quote]

Made it obvious that you were guessing though.

[/quote]
I was guessing... hence the "has to move him down the pecking order".

[quote user="canaries"]does the loan window shut on friday too????? if it doesnt then people should not get up tight about friday.[/quote]If I remember right, then the loan window does shut as well, but re-opens a couple of weeks later.

Also meant to say I''d like to see Norwich go for Miralem Sulejmani from Ajax. They have recently said he is free to go and they are open to offers for him - very quick and can play out on the wing as well as a striker. Decent striker rate for a player who has often been stuck out wide - he is known for being a little bit of an idiot, but has undoubted talent and was Ajax''s record signing a few years back.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="canaries"]does the loan window shut on friday too????? if it doesnt then people should not get up tight about friday.[/quote]

If I remember right, then the loan window does shut as well, but re-opens a couple of weeks later.
[/quote]

Not for Premier League clubs - loans can only be made within the transfer windows for Norwich.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="canaries"]does the loan window shut on friday too????? if it doesnt then people should not get up tight about friday.[/quote]

If I remember right, then the loan window does shut as well, but re-opens a couple of weeks later.
[/quote]

But not for Premier League clubs. We can loan players out - I''m sure we will - but we can''t get loans in. After Friday that is it until January.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Also meant to say I''d like to see Norwich go for Miralem Sulejmani from Ajax. They have recently said he is free to go and they are open to offers for him - very quick and can play out on the wing as well as a striker. Decent striker rate for a player who has often been stuck out wide - he is known for being a little bit of an idiot, but has undoubted talent and was Ajax''s record signing a few years back.[/quote]

A crazy 16.3m euros.

Could be too much.

I just really want Abdellaoue and can''t accept the fact we would sign anyone else :(

Besides I''ve already put him in my squad in FIFA :)