Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Hughton MUST know he needs a new striker after tonight?!?.....

As far as we know the deal is already done.I think its very clear to all involved. TBH no point in talking about this until Saturday then people can moan all they want IF we don''t sign anyone. Until then , enjoy twitter mongs and rumor sites who will link us with everyone from Messi to a shock return for Eric Cantona !

One possibility that we haven''t announced a new striker yet is we are waiting to tie up the Bunn deal to announce them together. Either way one more quality striker and I''ll be chuffed to bits with our signings.

Think it was obvious we''d be getting one in before tonight. Harsh on Martin, thought he did well, not in some parts of the game but certainly did better than morison and was visibly trying

No point trying to defend Martin I''m afraid Fnasher, some people see what they want when it comes to him. Doeant matter that he was putting in effort all game, getting involved I attacking movements and trying to get into goal scoring positions because he''s a league one striker, lazy and people only like him because he''s a ''local lad''...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m fairly sure he knew that already, probably before he let Vaughan go.[/quote]

if thats the case I''m a little concerned that having made 7 signings this summer in every other conceivable position, here we are 3 days before the window shuts without the one thing that was priority all along ?!?!?

Too right Gingerpele, as you''ve said, not saying he''s definitely prem but is judged unfairly on last seasons games and completely agree with your assessment of his performance unite

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m fairly sure he knew that already, probably before he let Vaughan go.[/quote]

if thats the case I''m a little concerned that having made 7 signings this summer in every other conceivable position, here we are 3 days before the window shuts without the one thing that was priority all along ?!?!?

[/quote]
For god''s sake, do shut up. IF we don''t sign a striker by Saturday morning then whinge, bitch and moan to your heart''s content, however between now and then we have THE BUSIEST 72 hours of the transfer window when a lot of deals are done.
Hughton knows we need a striker, Hughton has been actively pursuing strikers, and Hughton will have a shiny new striker for us by 11pm Friday. Hughton is not a moron, he wouldn''t let Vaughan go unless he was certain he could get someone else in, pretty obviously.
The one thing that was a priority all along? Forgive me if I''m wrong, but scoring goals hasn''t been an issue for us for at least 3 years, however shipping them by the bucketload at the other end was a MASSIVE problem, and as such, sorting the defence out was only around 1000000000000 x more important than another striker. Can you really not work that out?
Certain elements of this messageboard will truly find an excuse to whinge about anything.

"here we are 3 days before the window shuts without the one thing that was priority all along ?!?!?"

that maybe because it is not entirely in our hands

there is a transfer merry go round - and as Mick Debbis (who he, ed?) said earlier, it is often that team A are waiting to sign player B before they release player C to team D (us ?)

ps you might care you note the connection between your words of  "without the one thing" and  "3 days before the window shuts " .......... it might be a clue to the flaw in your argument

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

For god''s sake, do shut up. IF we don''t sign a striker by Saturday morning then whinge, bitch and moan to your heart''s content, however between now and then we have THE BUSIEST 72 hours of the transfer window when a lot of deals are done.

Hughton knows we need a striker, Hughton has been actively pursuing strikers, and Hughton will have a shiny new striker for us by 11pm Friday. Hughton is not a moron, he wouldn''t let Vaughan go unless he was certain he could get someone else in, pretty obviously.

The one thing that was a priority all along? Forgive me if I''m wrong, but scoring goals hasn''t been an issue for us for at least 3 years, however shipping them by the bucketload at the other end was a MASSIVE problem, and as such, sorting the defence out was only around 1000000000000 x more important than another striker. Can you really not work that out?

Certain elements of this messageboard will truly find an excuse to whinge about anything.

[/quote]

in case you hadnt realised, i''ll remind you that the season has already started?.....we''ve already let 2 points go against QPR because we didnt have good enough cover on the bench to bring on when fresh legs were required.

in case you hadnt realised, i''ll remind you that the season has already started?.....we''ve already let 2 points go against QPR because we didnt have good enough cover on the bench to bring on when fresh legs were required.

[/quote]
Right, but that actually bears no relevance at all to what I said. We let two points go against QPR due to some horrendous refereeing decisions, and some poor finishing, much of it from our midfielders. Was it the lack of firepower or our defence that was the problem against Fulham? The one that had 3 out of 4 defenders from last year''s leaky defence playing? The priority was obviously defence, and if you can''t see that then I am genuinely stunned.
In a perfect world we would already have a striker in. But we don''t. We have absolutely no way of knowing why it hasn''t happened yet, but we can say with a degree of certainty that Hughton is actively trying to get someone in - we have been told as much by Hughton, Foulger''s son etc. We also know we are two strikers light on last season (although Vaughan was injured for 90% of it so in reality, one striker down and Martin''s return offsets that to some degree) and Hughton chose to let Vaughan go, which means logic dictates he thinks there is an almost certainty of bringing a replacement in. I guarantee you it''s not Hughton delaying getting the striker in, he hasn''t been sat there with McNally saying "You know what Dave, I know we need a new striker, but can you make sure you don''t sign him until the very last minute on deadline day"... it''s a nonsensical train of thought which bears no correlation whatsoever to logic.
Hughton has always known we need a new striker, he obviously expects to be bringing one in, he has said as much in public, although not in so many words, previously, and yet you''re whinging because we''ve played two games with just 26 prem goals last season pairing Holt and Moro, and Cinnamon to choose from. The defence was the obvious priority and I find it staggering someone could possibly even entertain the concept that a striker was a bigger priority.
Let''s have a look at the stats shall we? 6 teams in the league scored more goals than us last season, the teams that finished in places 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. 3 teams conceded more than us, the 3 who got relegated. Yet you believe a striker was the obvious, number 1 priority this season? That''s absolutely mental.These things don''t happen overnight, and it''s not like going into a shop to buy a sandwich. There is a myriad of things out of the club''s control that can hold up transfer dealings, yet you''re bitching at Hughton because he hasn''t got the last priority on the list sorted yet, when he still has ample time by transfer window standards to address the issue, prior to our next game. It''s pathetic.

Good post kick it off, but you''re wasting energy explaining things like that to some of the people on here. If their brain power can''t arrive at the logical conclusion with regards to these matters by itself, then no argument from you will help, no matter how clearly explained.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]
Right, but that actually bears no relevance at all to what I said. We let two points go against QPR due to some horrendous refereeing decisions, and some poor finishing, much of it from our midfielders. Was it the lack of firepower or our defence that was the problem against Fulham? The one that had 3 out of 4 defenders from last year''s leaky defence playing? The priority was obviously defence, and if you can''t see that then I am genuinely stunned.
In a perfect world we would already have a striker in. But we don''t. We have absolutely no way of knowing why it hasn''t happened yet, but we can say with a degree of certainty that Hughton is actively trying to get someone in - we have been told as much by Hughton, Foulger''s son etc. We also know we are two strikers light on last season (although Vaughan was injured for 90% of it so in reality, one striker down and Martin''s return offsets that to some degree) and Hughton chose to let Vaughan go, which means logic dictates he thinks there is an almost certainty of bringing a replacement in. I guarantee you it''s not Hughton delaying getting the striker in, he hasn''t been sat there with McNally saying "You know what Dave, I know we need a new striker, but can you make sure you don''t sign him until the very last minute on deadline day"... it''s a nonsensical train of thought which bears no correlation whatsoever to logic.
Hughton has always known we need a new striker, he obviously expects to be bringing one in, he has said as much in public, although not in so many words, previously, and yet you''re whinging because we''ve played two games with just 26 prem goals last season pairing Holt and Moro, and Cinnamon to choose from. The defence was the obvious priority and I find it staggering someone could possibly even entertain the concept that a striker was a bigger priority.
Let''s have a look at the stats shall we? 6 teams in the league scored more goals than us last season, the teams that finished in places 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. 3 teams conceded more than us, the 3 who got relegated. Yet you believe a striker was the obvious, number 1 priority this season? That''s absolutely mental.These things don''t happen overnight, and it''s not like going into a shop to buy a sandwich. There is a myriad of things out of the club''s control that can hold up transfer dealings, yet you''re bitching at Hughton because he hasn''t got the last priority on the list sorted yet, when he still has ample time by transfer window standards to address the issue, prior to our next game. It''s pathetic.
[/quote]Brilliant post, you seem to be one of the very few posters on this site that posts sense.

I half wonder what you guys were watching...
Chris Martin worked hard, got himself into position and made half attempts here and there - but the real problem was the feed wasn''t there for him. Tierney insisted on putting in terrible long balls all through out the first half. Then  Hoolahan wrestled it into the area a few times with Martin wide open, but didn''t pass! Morison I must say wasn''t very existent in front of goal...
Yes we do need a new striker because I wouldn''t want to sit back and rely on Martin, he''s decent enough but not the consistent scorer we need.

I hope you''re right there Yorkshire , but it will not be so straightforward... We can''t predict if there is going to be another signing or not. I''m not gonna start moaning about it, before the end of the window. But I am worried after last night''s performance by our strikeforce...

I still rate Morisson though and think he''ll come good. I still question the decision CH made to let Vaughan go out on loan. He was our best striker in preseason, so he does have to sign someone!!!

Morrison is an enigma. In many games his contribution and effort is poor. Last night he might as well have not been there. That siad his goals helped keep us up last season and playing against the better sides motivates him and he has shown he can do a job

The bunn deal is done and will be revealed when the club decide to, but it is done. As for a striker i know it is going to be a loan so could be more than the 2 days wait most poeple are waiting on.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Good post kick it off, but you''re wasting energy explaining things like that to some of the people on here. If their brain power can''t arrive at the logical conclusion with regards to these matters by itself, then no argument from you will help, no matter how clearly explained.
[/quote]

Oh dear Alan, are you just going o follow like a sheep or contribute something yourself?

The point of the post is that we had gone through the vast majority of pre-season believing that the attacking part of the team was o.k, then at the 11th hour we get rid of Vaughan (who lets remember was on the bench ahead of Jackson at Fulham), and it now becomes a priority ehen it perhaps needent have been?

To the poster who reeled off the fact that we were the 7th highest scorers in the league last season ,remember that the Morison situation hasnt just happened over the summer....he effectively downed tools around January.  Bless you also for saying that we didnt beat QPR because of the strikers...it was down to "poor finishing"......and trying to convince everyone that the two arent connected?!?!....thats pretty good going!

Oh dear Alan, are you just going o follow like a sheep or contribute something yourself?

The point of the post is that we had gone through the vast majority of pre-season believing that the attacking part of the team was o.k, then at the 11th hour we get rid of Vaughan (who lets remember was on the bench ahead of Jackson at Fulham), and it now becomes a priority ehen it perhaps needent have been?

To the poster who reeled off the fact that we were the 7th highest scorers in the league last season ,remember that the Morison situation hasnt just happened over the summer....he effectively downed tools around January.  Bless you also for saying that we didnt beat QPR because of the strikers...it was down to "poor finishing"......and trying to convince everyone that the two arent connected?!?!....thats pretty good going!

[/quote]
Can you actually read? I never said they weren''t connected, I said much of the poor finishing was the midfielders, which is a fact. I said the defence was a far bigger priority and rightly so. Loaning out a striker who contributed exactly ZERO goals last season doesn''t change that, we still need one, but it''s last priority on the list. I''m quite clearly in favour of bringing another striker in, so your attempt to condescend and statement that i''m trying to convince everyone "the two aren''t connected" doesn''t really make a lot of sense, but bless you for trying, it''s the taking part the counts.
There is no point to your post at all, except to whinge about something, and it doesn''t matter what, anything will do.
Are you seriously this thick or are you trolling? [:S]

theres "no point" to my post at all?...other than observing after last night that our back up strikers perhaps can''t be relied upon and unless we adress it within 2 days we will lack the firepower to keep us in the Premiership?....what exactly am I whinging about?

you''ve fluctuated between saying that our striking department isnt good enough to being good enough and now not being again to suit your argument?.....which is it?

Yes ,the striking WAS low on the priority list, whilst IMO we still had Vaughan, but as I''ve said, having witnessed last night, I''m suggesting that it was a bigger priority than we perhaps thought all along?

what exactly is your argument, other than to contradict?

We will sign a striker. All this talk in the press about Hughton and Norwich''s finishing points to 1 thing. I hope its someone to get excited about and not a Ameobi like.

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]We will sign a striker. All this talk in the press about Hughton and Norwich''s finishing points to 1 thing. I hope its someone to get excited about and not a Ameobi like.[/quote]

I actually think I''d take Ameobi ?!?!

SuperZak, at the moment we haven''t got any idea where he''s gonna come from and who he''ll be. It''s gonna be a loan deal, at least that''s what it looks like...and it could be Ameobi...

Hmmmm interesting. I reckon Hughtons got something lined up. Hopefully an interesting transfer deadline for us. Under Lambert they were pretty boring. I can remember Pachecho, Vokes and R.Bennett coming in on a transfer deadline. But hopefully a good striker comes.

John Guidetti, Kenwyne Jones, Frazier Campbell, Cameron Jerome. I just dont know. I hope just we hope we dont pay over the odds for a gary hooper or a jordan rhodes £4m and thats a good deal.