Sign in to follow this  
Viva Marc Libbra

Mohammed Abdellaoue

This article on the 15th August about him says he doesn''t want to leave (after he was linked to Swansea)http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hannover/transfer-talk/news/abdellaoue-to-reject-swansea_40339.htmlThe 26-year-old, who scored 16 goals for Hannover last season, has been linked with a move to Swansea City in recent weeks, but he has quelled such claims. "I

am a Hannover player and I like playing for this club. I have two more

years left on my contract. I am staying with Hannover," he told Bild.

TransferQuantum is actually a very reliable source. If you actually check out their previous tweets they don''t post unsubstantiated rumours

[quote user="Hog"]TransferQuantum is actually a very reliable source. If you actually check out their previous tweets they don''t post unsubstantiated rumours[/quote]Hopefully there''s something in it then, but he seems settled there and the main focus of the team up front. Everyone has a price though..

I wouldn''t worry too much about player quotes, they will almost always say ''I''m happy at X'', but in the end it means bog all. The links with Abdellaoue do seem to have been fairly frequent throughout the summer so perhaps there is something in it...we have also just signed Tettey, a fellow Norwegian international, so perhaps that will have some bearing on things, who knows.

There has been a lot of talk about us and him of late. If he can score goals in the german league he will get them here. he seems just the type of player we need. He will not make a difference ingames like Fulham but in narrow games like yesterday he could be the difference between a win or draw. With Vaughan gone i suspect a deal for someone may be near completion

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I won''t believe it until it''s confirmed by a steward [:-D][/quote]

Or the steward''s cousin, of course.

[quote user="Hog"]TransferQuantum is actually a very reliable source. If you actually check out their previous tweets they don''t post unsubstantiated rumours[/quote]

What''s the difference between a substantiated rumour and an unsubstantiated one?

A lot of chat on Twitter at the moment, medicals and possibly signing before Friday.....

However looking at the German media everything is pointing towards him staying at Hannover.....

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I won''t believe it until it''s confirmed by a steward [:-D][/quote]

HEAD Steward, Mr Brownstone, please

Saw somewhere that he''s going to Lazio. Not that there''s any more proof of that happening than there is him coming here.

If we sign him I can see the phrase

" The Norwich Norwegian does it again..."

Being used quite alot throughout the season

Looks like a load of bull ,story on Sky about how he is happy at Hanover and insists he is staying despite Premier League interest from Swansea .Charlie Wyett saying probably 2 signings one a striker both from the Prem .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Looks like a load of bull ,story on Sky about how he is happy at Hanover and insists he is staying despite Premier League interest from Swansea .
Charlie Wyett saying probably 2 signings one a striker both from the Prem .
[/quote]

Not sure that is right. The twitter from him I have seen is:

a new striker will arrive this week. One of two players from Premier League. no idea who

Unless that is badly worded not one or two but one of two. Which seems to indicate only one player (a striker) to be chosen from a shortlist of two PL candidates.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Looks like a load of bull ,story on Sky about how he is happy at Hanover and insists he is staying despite Premier League interest from Swansea .
Charlie Wyett saying probably 2 signings one a striker both from the Prem .
[/quote]

Not sure that is right. The twitter from him I have seen is:

a new striker will arrive this week. One of two players from Premier League. no idea who

Unless that is badly worded not one or two but one of two. Which seems to indicate only one player (a striker) to be chosen from a shortlist of two PL candidates.

[/quote]

Interesting..I wonder who this striker is supposed to be.. please not D J Campbell!

I would love Park he certainly does have a alot of quality including great pace, build up play, crosses, decent FKs, heading and excellent finishing

Wish they had asked Hughton about this rumour rather than wasting time with Owen!

[quote user="stratton canary"]

Dunston Hall will soon become a hostel for NCFC players, must be getting short of rooms now for ordinary punters(with money of course)

[/quote]

I stayed at Dunston Hall last night and was behind Michael Turner in the queue for orange juice at breakfast. As he wasn''t with a bloke with a badge that says "I''m new and my name''s Mohammed", I have concluded there is no truth to this rumour.

As a fan of Hannover and Norwich I can say he is the sort of player NCFC could do with. He does tend to go missing in matches and can be quite lazy BUT when it comes to getting a chance dropping at his feet he will stick it in the net, he also has a good turn of pace.

He is currently injured hence not being in the squad for the match against Schalke, he came back to pre-season with a knock and although he has played in some of the matches he isn''t 100% fit anyway

I seriously doubt this is true, Hannover are really looking to make a statement this season with a trophy after stablising (however it is spelt) in the Bundesliga after nearly getting relegated (3??? seasons ago...the same day we got the League 1 trophy) and they only have 4 strikers in their squad Ya Konan, Abdellaoue, Diouf (formerly of Man U) and Sobiech. With the likelihood of Diouf & Ya Konan going to the African Nations they would be very reluctant to sell at present without a replacement. BUT stranger things have happened.