Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

Assessment of squad

GOALKEEPERS

Definitely got quantity and quality now. Ruddy and Bunn to challenge for no1 jersey and hopefully rudd and steer will go out on loan which will do them world of good.

DEFENCE

Was our weakness last year and we have added quality to it with the likes of garrido, bassong and turner. plus we''ve also got whittaker to come back. Ayala is only going to improve as he is only 21 or 22 and ditto with ryan bennett so thats looking better.

MIDFIELD

A few years back personally i always felt we lacked something in midfield but now i would go as far as saying that this area is now by far our strongest. I''ve been hoping we sign Snoddy for about 3 years now so im happy about that. With the likes of Howson, Pilks, Benno, Johnson, Hoolahan, Surman and Fox we really have a strong midfield. Not seen Tettey play yet but hopefully will add some quality.

STRIKERS

Over the moon that Hotly signed new contract so just waiting for the goals to start flowing again. Vaughan looked our most dangerous player in pre season but gone out on loan maybe not a bad thing as hopefully should come back a better and stronger player. Next 3 players are not good enough for Norwich imo. Chrissy Martin is our most naturalist finisher but his all round play is not good enough. Morison is not prem quality, awesome with his head (how he scored 95% of his goals last season) but cannot finish for toffee with his feet, so uncomfortable when through on goal and his first touch is poor. I like Jackson as he does give his all but also wasteful in very good positions. So to round that up CH is doing the right thing in signing a striker before the transfer window closes and i hope it is someone who is clinical. Any from David Nugent, Kenwyne Jones, Kevin Doyle, Fraizer Campbell, Gary Hooper, Michael Owen or Jordan Rhodes.

Opinion guys!!

I wouldn''t want any of those strikers you mentioned we need to spend big on a top name to really make the difference just hope it happens as January may be to late

[quote user="hazza9"]GOALKEEPERS

Definitely got quantity and quality now. Ruddy and Bunn to challenge for no1 jersey and hopefully rudd and steer will go out on loan which will do them world of good.

DEFENCE

Was our weakness last year and we have added quality to it with the likes of garrido, bassong and turner. plus we''ve also got whittaker to come back. Ayala is only going to improve as he is only 21 or 22 and ditto with ryan bennett so thats looking better.

MIDFIELD

A few years back personally i always felt we lacked something in midfield but now i would go as far as saying that this area is now by far our strongest. I''ve been hoping we sign Snoddy for about 3 years now so im happy about that. With the likes of Howson, Pilks, Benno, Johnson, Hoolahan, Surman and Fox we really have a strong midfield. Not seen Tettey play yet but hopefully will add some quality.

STRIKERS

Over the moon that Hotly signed new contract so just waiting for the goals to start flowing again. Vaughan looked our most dangerous player in pre season but gone out on loan maybe not a bad thing as hopefully should come back a better and stronger player. Next 3 players are not good enough for Norwich imo. Chrissy Martin is our most naturalist finisher but his all round play is not good enough. Morison is not prem quality, awesome with his head (how he scored 95% of his goals last season) but cannot finish for toffee with his feet, so uncomfortable when through on goal and his first touch is poor. I like Jackson as he does give his all but also wasteful in very good positions. So to round that up CH is doing the right thing in signing a striker before the transfer window closes and i hope it is someone who is clinical. Any from David Nugent, Kenwyne Jones, Kevin Doyle, Fraizer Campbell, Gary Hooper, Michael Owen or Jordan Rhodes.

Opinion guys!![/quote]The trouble is can we find at least 3 clubs with worse squads this season? I''m not convinced we can.

[quote user="Al"]The trouble is can we find at least 3 clubs with worse squads this season? I''m not convinced we can.[/quote]

Its not the squad that matters so much as what you do with it!      We have a great club, well run, a good management team who will develop us on.   The squad is strong with some very good players.   Why should we be looking over our shoulders all the time??    We have everything to fight for and will be competetive again this season.     

1 point from 2 games against lesser clubs suggests that there wont be many clubs to look over our shoulders for