Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Dembele will rule midfield again for Spurs v City

I was quite positive for a good result v Spurs on saturday but now we face the great Belgium midfielder Dembele again after his tranfer from Fulham.

Hope we can stop him but he was very good at Craven Cottage, we are warned now ....

So we buy another goalkeeper, why, we already have 3 good goalkeepers, 2 from our own great academy, this is money we can better use for a good striker.

I didn''t really notice him ruling the midfield against us. From recollection he put the through ball through for their fourth but the rest of the goals were just down to rank bad defending rather than any genius on their part. He will have been there for 24 hours and not trained with his team mates. Good player buit i''m not hugely worried, especially as our midfield last saturday was transformed from Fulham.

I see AVB is also trying to ship out Lennon, parker and Van de Vaart. May not be a bad time to play them on saturday. Yes they''ve still got plenty of good players who we will face but they are far from a settled side and their fans are edgy. Stay in the game and we can exploit that.

No I said you can better sign a new striker instead of another goalkeeper, our 4th.

Tettey is a good player yes, he''s a class act, hope he plays like that at Spurs, so I''m wrong ... OTBC

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

No I said you can better sign a new striker instead of another goalkeeper, our 4th.

Tettey is a good player yes, he''s a class act, hope he plays like that at Spurs, so I''m wrong ... OTBC

[/quote]
What if two of said goalkeepers leave on loan?

He''s a real quality player, no surprise he''s moved to a bigger club.

He didn''t do that much against us, Ruiz and Duff were Fulhams best midfielders I thought. Although I can''t remember much about the second half, he might have been better then.

"Sigurdsson''s more of an issue"

used to be a problem, but thanks to sanitising he is an issue

phew, make it a bit easier for us

I think Dembele is a good player, but I can''t help think that some fans and pundits are going well OTT with him at the moment.  He''s made a good start to the season, but its only 2 games old.  I don''t remember him standing out so much last season.

Perhaps I''m in the minority...  We''ll see.

Dembele was a major reason by why our 5 man midfield could hardly get a kick at Fulham, despite being sat so deep behind the ball it was untrue for most of the game.Hopefully Tettey can nulify some of his grip on the game this time.