Sign in to follow this  
curly_whirly_tipz

Simeon Jackson

Would just like to say was great to see Simeon have a run out today - I thought he did an excellent job - my MOM imo...

I really hope he starts again next week. I thought it was a slightly strange decision to take off both Holt and Jackson so close to the end, but im not complaining, I thought we were much much better today :)

Was fantastic, looked like a real striker!

Got in the right areas, even his off target shots weren''t too bad, him and Holt were all over the QPR defence, a bettering ram and a pace man, worked really well.

I''ve said all week I''m a fan of his, he is such a hard worker and causes big problems for the other team, I hope he plays more.

His movement off the ball is top class. He appears in dangerous places and uses his pace to full advantage, often drifting out wide, allowing players to always find him. I question his composure and decision making at times, but he performs a useful role for us, his movement opens up the space for players like Pilkington, Snodgrass, Howson etc. to operate in.

He did really well. Scored his goal and dragged the QPR back line about all afternoon.He will regret not scoring again at the start of the 2nd half.  Not hitting the target from that close in was a moment to forget.  I really wish his shooting matched his pace and movement!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]He did really well. Scored his goal and dragged the QPR back line about all afternoon.

He will regret not scoring again at the start of the 2nd half.  Not hitting the target from that close in was a moment to forget.  I really wish his shooting matched his pace and movement!

[/quote]

Exactly what i was going to type. Needs to look to pass more in those good positions as his shooting is a bit off.

It has been said by a few many times before - we are a far more dangerous side with Jackson in the team than without him.His conversion to chance hit rate is higher than any other striker NCFC have got, yet still we hear inane comments about him. If his conversion rate was as high as some would like then we would be fighting off a host of top clubs for his signature.  I suggest his detractors ask a few Premier League defenders if they enjoy marking Jackson.

Energetic and always a nuisance for the opposition!

We should never ever play one upfront ever again in my opinion because it doesn''t do the job its designed to do in that it doesn''t improve the defensive side of the team and almost completely nullifys our attack!!

What you said Trawlerboy. Agree with all comments on this thread.

The fact is when Jacko plays he gives the oppo defence plenty to think about with constant movement.

Well played today Jacko

Had a good game today. To bad he didn''t get a few more goals.. Agree wthe poster above; strange that both jackson and holt got substituted towards the end. The team lost their momentum.

I agree with most of the points here regarding his off the ball and hold up play, but he doesn''t fill me with confidence when he has a decent chance. I hope Hughton is looking for a pacey striker who can finish. I''m not knocking Jackson at all, he''s a very useful player to have and he has come along way and deserved his chance in the first team today and probably the man of the match.

He did well, I agree, but he needs to do it over the course of a whole season, not just in 5 or 6 game bursts. Only time will tell on this obviously.

[quote user="morty"]He did well, I agree, but he needs to do it over the course of a whole season, not just in 5 or 6 game bursts. Only time will tell on this obviously.[/quote]In order to do that he first needs to be given the chance.He has proven more than any other striker with the exception of Holt that he can score goals for NCFC.  I don''t think Holt would be dropped if he didn''t score for a few matches and neither should Jackson be in my opinion. Perhaps it is time that Jackson was given a prolonged run in our starting line up?Out of interest, does anyone know the longest run of games Jackson has started in for NCFC?

Have yon forgotten last season?

Holt was dropped. Jackson got a run in the team, he played quite a lot post Xmas, still only scored the two.

Why do people still think he isn''t given much of a chance? And if he''s not able to effect the game that much from th bench/if he''s not given an extended, he''s not good enough. Simple. I''m not saying that''s the case, but if we don''t need another striker, he''s going to need to score goals.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Have yon forgotten last season?

Holt was dropped. Jackson got a run in the team, he played quite a lot post Xmas, still only scored the two.

Why do people still think he isn''t given much of a chance? And if he''s not able to effect the game that much from th bench/if he''s not given an extended, he''s not good enough. Simple. I''m not saying that''s the case, but if we don''t need another striker, he''s going to need to score goals.[/quote]How many games do you call quite a run in the team?

Thought he did pretty well, really attacked the header for the goal, was lively throughout. Holt was a breath of fresh air with another up top, doing what we love him for, tormenting the hell out of the oppo with his strength. The QPR substitution tells you all you need to know about Holts first half performance.

They worked well together today, Jacko needs to be more clinical, but, He still gets in those positions to earn that criticism if that makes sense.

I still think there''s one on the way...

I didn''t say quite a run in the team, I said got a run and played quite a lot post Xmas.

I''m not going through all the line ups, but 10 starts 12 sub appearances, 3 goals. If that had have been Moro''s stats there wouldn''t be one person on his side. I like Jackson and am happy for him to be in the team. But if he isn''t going to be Ble to score more than 3 in 22 appearances because he''s not getting starts week in week out, can we afford to keep him? Moro is the same, he became second choice and stopped scoring. But he was just rubbish second half of season, Jackson was never rubbish he just didn''t finish well enough.

The way he protected the ball and held it up were mightily impressive I thought. Not something you would associate with a smaller striker. Seemed to give Holt a shot in the arm having someone to play off as well

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t say quite a run in the team, I said got a run and played quite a lot post Xmas.

I''m not going through all the line ups, but 10 starts 12 sub appearances, 3 goals. If that had have been Moro''s stats there wouldn''t be one person on his side. I like Jackson and am happy for him to be in the team. But if he isn''t going to be Ble to score more than 3 in 22 appearances because he''s not getting starts week in week out, can we afford to keep him? Moro is the same, he became second choice and stopped scoring. But he was just rubbish second half of season, Jackson was never rubbish he just didn''t finish well enough.[/quote]You have just given Jackson''s stats for the entire season, not a run of games where he was starting matches.  You have correctly said that Morison struggled to score many when he wasn''t playing week in week out too. Holty too needs a considerable run of games prior to being able to knock a few in the net on a regular basis. Most strikers do, as it''s very difficult to contribute fully and get a high goals tally when spending most of the season on the bench.The longest run of starts Jackson has had in an NCFC shirt is somewhere between 8 and 10 games towards the end of the Championship season, with possibly about 8 to 10 starts including games against Swansea (h) and Bristol City (a) earlier that season.If you can show me a run of more than 3 or 4 starts in a row for Jackson last season then I would be very surprised. Yet apparently we won 7 of the 10 matches he started for us last season.I think he has earnt the right to have more of a prolonged run in our starting line up.I hope that Hughton puts his arm around Jackson and offers him the run in the team that his performances have deserved.

He had an excellent day and was well worth his place. fast and high energy. The only downside is if he could be a bit more clinical, but i suppose if he was then he would be a £15m player

Holt didn''t need a considerable run to score. He scored coming off the bench at least twice, and was scoring almost immediately on his return to the starting line up. He starts slow, which was why he was dropped for Morison, then he picked up without a considerable run. Why can''t Jackson do that? We can''t have two of our main strikers unable to score if they aren''t first choice. Just start Moro and Jackson every game because they need a run of games? Shouldn''t make any difference, they should be ft. They should be eager to perform wether they play 90 or 20 mins.

You will all know I am not a fan of sj, but yesterday he played very well. I do not think he is the answer, but he played very well and if he continues like that then he will play more. But it is one game, he played very well and I hope he continues to prove me wrong. I still think a new striker will come in. Morison will still score plenty. But sj did a great job against a terrible defence.

Qpr were a lot worse than Fulham and so let''s see how he does in the next game

[quote user="Jacko"]The way he protected the ball and held it up were mightily impressive I thought. Not something you would associate with a smaller striker. Seemed to give Holt a shot in the arm having someone to play off as well[/quote]
That is something i have always said about him, he holds the ball up very well for a little guy. The criticism around Jacko is obviously the fact he doesn''t score enough, but when he plays alongside Holt we look much more dangerous. If we have to play the long ball we have a much better chance of retaining with the two up top and Jackson''s speed allows us to play the ball over the top of the defence. Another issue i have is that jackson doesn''t run the line well enough, rarely do you see a penetrating run in behind the defence, something Snodgrass was looking for a fair bit on Saturday.

Yesterday was a great example of why Jackson is still here and Vaughan has been loaned out. Jackon is a much more accomplished player.

He combines great work rate with intelligent play - always offering his colleagues an outlet and helping to link up play. Much more neat and tidy with the ball

The pass he played around the corner to Grant Holt leading to Clint Hill getting booked showed great awareness and was executed to perfection.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Holt didn''t need a considerable run to score. He scored coming off the bench at least twice, and was scoring almost immediately on his return to the starting line up. He starts slow.[/quote]

Yes holty does start slow but he starts from the start of the season, Simeon might be a slow starter but he only starts the latter half o the season so when he gets up to speed he''s either been dropped again or seasons over like the end of the championship season.

So why is it ok for holt to start of slowly and not alright for Jackson to do so?

P.s not knocking holy for starting slowly :-)

[quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Holt didn''t need a considerable run to score. He scored coming off the bench at least twice, and was scoring almost immediately on his return to the starting line up. He starts slow.[/quote]

Yes holty does start slow but he starts from the start of the season, Simeon might be a slow starter but he only starts the latter half o the season so when he gets up to speed he''s either been dropped again or seasons over like the end of the championship season.

So why is it ok for holt to start of slowly and not alright for Jackson to do so?

P.s not knocking holy for starting slowly :-)[/quote]

BINGO!