Sign in to follow this  
Dave

So i guess Rudd or Steer will be loaned out today

Not a bad thing really if they can get regular 1st team football rather than warm the bench for Ruddy they could come back a far improved player

Not necessarily today, the loan window for Football League clubs will re-open in a week. (Can also go on loan tomorrow of course).Will be a very good move for either ''keeper, can go all season and not have to worry about if Norwich will recall them. 30+ games will do either of them the world of good.

I''ve heard rumours saying both, But if something happens to Ruddy (injury, ban) it''s still going to cause a call-back.

Hopefully if it''s just one, it''s Rudd, a wee bit older, but he needs to start getting first team action, class young keeper and a real shout to replace Ruddy at some point. need to take the next step in developing him.

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]I''ve heard rumours saying both, But if something happens to Ruddy (injury, ban) it''s still going to cause a call-back. Hopefully if it''s just one, it''s Rudd, a wee bit older, but he needs to start getting first team action, class young keeper and a real shout to replace Ruddy at some point. need to take the next step in developing him.[/quote]

Rudd is first choice for the U21''s and they play every week I believe, so it may be Steer to go out on loan, I hope a good championship team come in for him  

yeah I think they play every tuesday, not sure though. but I think Rudd could cut it as a championship starting keeper, not sure for what time, but I''m sure he would be fine. move up each player through the ranks as it were ;) Rudd > champ team, Steer > u21

A very similar scenario as to what Newcastle had three years ago when Shay Given left. They had...

1. Steve Harper

2. Tim Krul

3. Fraser Forster

At the time Harper was No. 1 choice but they faced a dilemma as to what to with two very good, promising, goalkeepers.

Now Harper is the understudy to an ever-growing Tim Krul with Forster sent out on loan before eventually being sold.

Long-term I can see Rudd staying and challenging and then taking Ruddy''s place in a couple of years.

Ruddy will more than likely end up at a upper-midtable side (maybe back at Everton).

Steer will impress on loan but not face a look-in here and be sold to a top-championship team (Wolves / Cardiff).

Whichever keeper goes on loan there is no guarantee of being first choice this seems unlikely, instead of sitting on NCFC bench on the bench at Northampton or Barnet, which will do little for development.  Matthews could play U21 if both loaned out.  Signing Bunn an experienced keeper is a good move we don''t want to be where we were when Gunny broke ankle.  And if worst happens Ruddy likely to be most saleable asset in the event of relegation.

Just when you think things can''t get any more bizarre we spend money on a goalkeeper.  A bloody goalkeeper !!! Why?
We already have 3 perfectly good ones, in fact better than perfectly good.  All England internationals at various levels.  Rudd and Steer have never let us down when called upon and if anyone thinks Mr Bunn the baker is going to do any more than keep his buns warm on the bench here instead of Blackburn ........
What a waste of money!!

[quote user="Bovril"]A very similar scenario as to what Newcastle had three years ago when Shay Given left. They had... 1. Steve Harper 2. Tim Krul 3. Fraser Forster At the time Harper was No. 1 choice but they faced a dilemma as to what to with two very good, promising, goalkeepers. Now Harper is the understudy to an ever-growing Tim Krul with Forster sent out on loan before eventually being sold. Long-term I can see Rudd staying and challenging and then taking Ruddy''s place in a couple of years. Ruddy will more than likely end up at a upper-midtable side (maybe back at Everton). Steer will impress on loan but not face a look-in here and be sold to a top-championship team (Wolves / Cardiff).[/quote]

I think Steer has more potential - not sure why, but I just do lol. He''s already had a good stint at Yeovil (?) too. I''d like to see both go on loan and have a recall clause for one or both