Sign in to follow this  
Viva Marc Libbra

Rhodes agrees terms with Blackburn

Because its a sideways step to a club in turmoil where the fans call for the managers head every game. It''s run by morons who make idiotic statements to the press about players and staff.

Don''t get me wrong I wouldn''t want us to gamble millions on him but I can''t see this being a good move for him.

[quote]Because its a sideways step to a club in turmoil where the fans call for the managers head every game. It''s run by morons who make idiotic statements to the press about players and staff.

Don''t get me wrong I wouldn''t want us to gamble millions on him but I can''t see this being a good move for him.[/quote]Indeed. From an outside-the-game viewpoint, it looks strange. Could speculate that money is a factor. But really, the atmosphere at blackburn on match days has been looking quiet at best, poisonous at worst.

i should imagine that Blackburn are going to throw every thing they have at getting back up straightaway whilst the have a hefty amount of parachute money to play with - and so offered both Huddersfield and Rhodes a hefty wad of money

If it fails both parties know they can part

It does show though, the reluctance of almost all PL clubs to take a chance with lower league players

I don''t think it is a sideways step, Blackburn have spent quite a few seasons in the Prem and also won it, it is been a very long time since Huddersfield have been in the top flight

Huddersfield want a hell of a lot of money for a player who hasn''t done anything above League 1 (lots of potential) but still...

Something not many people know is on deadline day in January last year he had a medical at NCFC but no fee was ever agreed

The fee is rumoured to be around £8m, that''s a colossal fee for a player of his experience if true, you''d have to think you could get far better value for money abroad.

[quote user="JC"]

Something not many people know is on deadline day in January last year he had a medical at NCFC but no fee was ever agreed[/quote]

Because it never happened?

[quote user="JC"]I don''t think it is a sideways step, Blackburn have spent quite a few seasons in the Prem and also won it, it is been a very long time since Huddersfield have been in the top flight

Huddersfield want a hell of a lot of money for a player who hasn''t done anything above League 1 (lots of potential) but still...

Something not many people know is on deadline day in January last year he had a medical at NCFC but no fee was ever agreed[/quote]Would be extraordinary to have a medical without a fee being agreed. Just extraordinary. And by that I mean, it didn''t happen.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]All this rather does rather beg the question as to why Blackburn werent spending this sort of money last season to keep in the Premiership?!?[/quote]

Too busy chasing chickens of their pitch from what I recall!...

[quote user="Number 9"]Alan Grey, the player has agreed personal terms, the club''s have not agreed fee yet.[/quote]I meant the claim that Rhodes had a medical at Norwich last January, sorry if it was unclear.

Yes matey. On the last day of transfer window many unlikely things are suddenly not as impossible as previously thought.

Similar to the medical that Rhodes is having at Blackburn tomorrow despite no fee being agreed...

I don''t really care if you don''t believe me but it did happen

I concur with the sentiment here.

Apart from possibly earning more in wages, why would Rhodes leave Huddersfield where he is treated like a god to go to Blackburn where the whole situation there is toxic. Fans hate the manager and owners, owners hate the manager (it seems) but won''t sack him and manager has little regard for the fans.

I know money talks for footballers these days but he should have stayed at Huddersfield continued his goal scoring form and someone would have come in for him in January, some club better than Blackburn.

From the BBC website

"Huddersfield''s Jordan Rhodes will have a medical at Blackburn Rovers on Thursday after the clubs agreed a deal worth up to £8m.The Scotland striker has agreed terms on a four-year deal and is expected to complete the move in the next 24 hours.An initial fee of £4.5m will rise depending on factors such as promotion to the Premier League."

If the initial fee is indeed £4.5 million I am shocked that clubs that ours are not taking the punt and trying to sign him. If you stay up the extra adds on effectively pay for themselves.

Blackburn won''t come straight back up and I''d rather they took the gamble to see what he does in the CCC than we do in the prem.

Well the horse has bolted by then Indy. If he does the business in the Championship he will then be out of our reach. I think £4.5 million up front with the rest weighted towards performance and Premiership survival is a very acceptable price.

Even if he performs well for them this season, at most it adds a couple of mil to his price.If Rodriguez can go for 7m after a good season in the CCC, then I don''t see why Rhodes would be priced much differently, and unless they start putting a 10m tag or higher on him, then he''s not our of our reach.Even playing well in the CCC this year won''t prove anything at this level, so I''m genuinely not worried on this one.

Its not £8million up front though. Its £4.5 million up front and the rest is dependent on things like promotion. So if that happens the move has paid for itself with Premiership revenue.

We could probably afford the transfer fee Indy but I was more concerned about the fact that there will be bigger clubs than Norwich looking at Rhodes who can offer him more money. I am a bit disappointing we havent signed him for the reason above. I don''t £4.5 million up front is a massive gamble for a bloke who just looks a bit special.

Weird owners, weird team though Blackburn. The only club I have ever seen upgrade their squad after relegation.

Blackburn are in a sorry mess makes you think why ever have we not gone for him its not alot compared to what we as a club are making this season and we need to stay up this year as money goes up next year