Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Rob Green

Looks like Greeno is about to lose his starting spot to new signing Julio Cesar.

The Sun is reporting that Greeno will be looking for a move in the January transfer window.

The thing that is interesting is the last paragraph of the story as it states, "Boss Mark Hughes admitted that he had not had the chance to speak to Green about the arrival of Cesar — who was at Loftus Road to watch QPR’s 3-0 Capital One Cup win over Walsall on Tuesday".

I am sorry but I think for Mark Hughes to not even have a chat with Greeno about this just shows, 1) Greeno will be replaced in the line-up and 2) Mark Hughes really is a sh!t manager. That is very poor man management.

I hope they get relegated, I really dislike them as a club.

"I dream of winning the Premier League title with QPR, says new boy Cesar"

Dream on mate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2195418/Julio-Cesar-exclusive-I-dream-winning-Premier-League-QPR.html

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The whole QPR thing seems to have car crash written all over it imo.[/quote]

Just like Tony''s F1 team 0 points

Most keepers play into their late 30''s, so a 4 year deal isn''t horrible from that perspective, although the key problem will be his massive wages, especially if they go down or his ability level drops badly.When you''re getting a player of his quality on a free, you can put what would have been a transfer fee towards to length of the deal in wages, so what could have been a 2 year deal with a transfer fee can become a 4 year deal without one.Bear in mind as well that it''s only a couple of years since he won the ''best keeper in the world'' award, make no mistakes here chaps they''ve signed a top class keeper who only has a handful of keepers who could be considered superior to him in ability.The gamble is the supposed 80k a week wages on top of the 50k a week their paying Greeno for the term they''ve agreed...

I agree with the OP; if it''s true that Mark Hughes hasn''t even spoken with Green regarding the signing of another keeper that seems very poor management. Mind you, Green should have completed his own due diligence before signing - perhaps he did and £ financially he still thought it worth a crack.

What goes around comes around - and with Tony (not sure where my allegiance lies/which team am I supporting this week?) Fernandez in charge, anything could happen and probably will!

Indy - I can see why you say that about a 2/4 yr deal. It was more of the 32yr old Cesar/30+ yr old Green thing. There has been a lot of reaction to us buying 27 yr old Bunn, where Rudd would have been a quite good understudy for Ruddy. Imagine what the reaction on here would be to us buying 2 30+ keepers within a few weeks? A ''Car crash of a football Club'' is quite appropriate me thinks

It''s quite clear that QPR have decent players, but the thing is, for what they are trying to do (europe in like 3 years or something) - it''s just never going to happen. Survival really has to be their aim, and in terms of value for money - their team has to be the worst in the league. it''s just ridiculous

QPR are chucking so much money at this that you can''t help but feel they will get it right eventually. But considering the money spent they showed a remarkable lack of quality on Saturday.

Money is no guarantee of success, and it looks as if QPR are out to prove it yet again. I''m just pleased that we do not have Green.  

I agree with you but maybe think that he may well get the sack first if all the money he is spending does not turn into points. Overpaid players just there for the money.

Mark Hughes is one of the WORST football managers there is!!! He HAS to be at clubs where he can throw ridiculous amounts of money around at old players!!! I know a QPR fan and he is mortified at there policy of continuosly signing over 30s!!! They will have to revamp the side every couple of years and they bring no youth through!! It is as somebody said car crash material!!!!

QPR are everything that is wrong about football in the last 10 years or so. Our income is X, so let''s spend X+Y+Z. This signing screams of an impulse opportunitist signing to me. Green was clearly in to be first choice then this opportunity came along and Hughes snapped it up because he can.Scary thing is, the wages... and the egos. I''d be really concerned if i were a QPR fan. A couple of defeats on the spin and the wheels may just come off. QPR are the cut and shut of the Premiership. All shiney on top and an accident waiting to happen underneath.

Average age of the QPR squad is 28 years old, but that''s including a few 19 year olds'' who don''t play. Quite scary (but very funny).