Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Hughton "Thats it"

Sorry but where does he say this and to whom? Direct quote?

If so then i would have to say I am extremely disappointed we are not bringing in another striker. We are 2 strikers down on last season.

Well, now I would understand the frustration...I''m not one for moaning but... we need a striker and sign a GK...and Swaénsea go and get another good Spanish player...frustrating to say the least.

Well I can;t see anything about it online on sky sports. Was it a direct quote from Hughton or just SSN giving their view?

Didn''t see anything on SSN website just now.

Was it on the info bar on SSN Channel?

Really hope this isn''t true,  Wee need a striker.

Perhaps rather than just dropping a bomb and then disappearing the OP could clarify what was said and to whom? Was he watching SSN and, if so, is this a direct quote from Hoot?

We do need a striker, but in reality we aren''t down on what were ''usable'' players last season:- Vaughan was injured as good as the entire season so can almost be excluded, Martin was on loan for a fair chunk.

That said, we are down in physical numbers and injury could hit at any time and we could then be found well short. I fully expect us to sign someone, CH has been making noises about it for the last couple of weeks so I''d be rather surprised if we went with what we have.

The transfer countdown was being discussed early this morning on SSN.

2 presenters and Alan Curbishly were discussing each team on final ins and outs.

When it got to Norwich, Curbs stated that Hughton had said "that was it"

Then he followed by saying "he thinks Hughton has spent the whole budget promised to him when he became manager.

[quote user="24March1985"]And that Huddersfield have accepted a bid from Blackburn for Rhodes, apparently[/quote]

Yep, £8M fee agreed and now having a medical

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]The transfer countdown was being discussed early this morning on SSN.

2 presenters and Alan Curbishly were discussing each team on final ins and outs.

Then he followed by saying "he thinks Hughton has spent the whole budget promised to him when he became manager.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. Wonder if Curbs and Hughton are mates then. If not you''d have to wonder where Curbishley has got this information from since Hughton doesn;t appear to have said it to anyone else.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]The transfer countdown was being discussed early this morning on SSN.

Then he followed by saying "he thinks Hughton has spent the whole budget promised to him when he became manager.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. Wonder if Curbs and Hughton are mates then. If not you''d have to wonder where Curbishley has got this information from since Hughton doesn;t appear to have said it to anyone else.

[/quote]I was also wondering were he got this info from, was anything said by Hughton after the Bunn transfer maybe???

Seems to me that he just made it up, or its his best guess (based upon the assumption that Norwich are s**t are are always doomed to failure).

You see, Alan Curbishley is what I like to term a "Mega Penis"...

Agree. Horses mouth or I don''t believe it.

However, with Holt, Morison, Jackson and Martin as our strike force and not adding to it - we are going down.

I already think we will go down and not adding a striker would just confirm it.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]The transfer countdown was being discussed early this morning on SSN. 2 presenters and Alan Curbishly were discussing each team on final ins and outs. When it got to Norwich, Curbs stated that Hughton had said "that was it" Then he followed by saying "he thinks Hughton has spent the whole budget promised to him when he became manager.[/quote]

[/quote]

If that''s so then it seems CH feels free to discuss details of NCFC with his mates, whilst us fans are continuously left in the dark.

If no forward comes in then I will be totally pee''d off as I feel that we are too weak up front for second season survival. Woefully weak, in fact. Combine this with that hint of negativety and I am worried. We are already two points down this season, IMO, by failing to beat (ie. score enough) a messy QPR at the Carra.

Help! 

[quote user="Wiz"]IF this is true, then letting Vaughan go will make The Charge Of The Light Brigade look like a sensible military decision![/quote]

Wiz - liked that! Keep this standard of post up purleese!

He also said after the game on Tuesday that there was nothing close as regards a transfer.

Next day we sign Bunn.

Moral is never believe what anybody tells you when it comes to football as it normally means the complete opposite.

He''s hardly going to say we''re after, for example, Gary Hooper because it would mean that someone would usurp our bid with more money.............