Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Who is out of contract in the summer?

Doing my best impression of the web team if you look under the squad section the contracts are listed  there - havent checked them yet to see whos is up - I know eddys is (should be renewed given lack of a youngster coming through, whether relegated or not) but not sure who beyond that.

OTBC 

[quote]Allow me... Having perused the rather excellent squad profiles those players out of contract this summer are Edworthy, Mulryne and McVeigh.[/quote]

Cheers Peter - wouldnt want to do you out of a job!

If we are in the fizzy pop I would say good bye to just Mullers, if Ashton really is the messiah and by some miracle we do survive I would also say cheerio, thanks and good night to WLY.

OTBC

[quote]Allow me... Having perused the rather excellent squad profiles those players out of contract this summer are Edworthy, Mulryne and McVeigh.[/quote]

IMO only Eddy should get another contract.  Mullers and WLY should have their hand shaken and told to look elsewhere

I may be wrong but I thought we had options on extending deals for Helveg and Charlton, if this is the case we should exercise only one, I will leave you to guess which one. 

You are right Peter - both do have 1 year options on them but once the core contracts expire which is in June 2006, not 2005.

Both would add value next year if we can keep them - but I accept that city will never have seen the best of Helveg due to a short sighted manager.  

OTBC

[quote]My only info comes from Football manager 2005, anyone know for definite who is out of contract??[/quote]

Changeing tack slightly Robbo, whether or not he''s out of contract, I''d maroon Holt on some uncharted desert island in the Pacific!.

Why did we buy Safri by the way?, surely he has far more potential than ''huff and puff'' Holt.

Why indeed did we buy Safri , never been given an extended run in the team to see if he has what it takes , then in the transfer window we sign a midfielder and a old one at that to play every match while Safri warms the bench. Over to you Mr Worthington . But then why did we buy Doc and Charlton when they cannot get a game ahead of a completely outclassed Fleming ? Why did we buy Helveg when he could not get a game ahead of the average Edworthy . And finally why did we buy Jonson full stop . Any ideas Nige ?

Mulryne and Edworthy are the seniors out of contract, McVeigh signed an extension till 2006 towards end of promotion season. Crowe is effectively out of contract as well but club have two year option.

If we go down, only McVeigh should stay...if we stay up then release all three. If I had to pick just one to be released, it would be Edworthy no doubt.