Sign in to follow this  
Darren

Hi there

Hey people. Another long time reader first time poster. Been a fan ever since we beat Chelsea 3-0. Ashley ward scored 2. Go when i can but work dictates when I go.

Anyway this CMS situation got me thinking. What if Lambo was still in charge trying to sign him, would people still be up in arms.

I''m all for waiting to see if we sign him and seeing how he does. Reserve judgement.

Be nice first post :)

Of course they wouldn''t mate.
I can kind of understand it, because Lambert proved he has the ability to get the best out of lower league gems whereas Hughton hasn''t got that kind of track record. What I object to, is the fact Hughton hasn''t done anything AT NORWICH to convince us he can''t get the best out of lower league gems (in fact he has done excellently at both Bham and Newc in this respect imo) but the negative nancys are just writing him off as if it''s impossible. Lambert isn''t the only manager who can make good players perform above themselves, but some people just can''t seem to grasp this.

I would still be up in arms, as I wasn''t impressed when we were first linked with him, and I''m even less impressed now.It''s not about the manager, it''s about a very average CCC player being linked with us...

Welcome aboard Darren most of us are sensible people you would probably find if it was lambert their would be quieter rumblings than what you are seeing now personally i dont think we will sign CMS i think its a smokescreen for someone else

Welcome.

The fact that Hughton is after CMS rather than Lambert isn''t the issue for me.

I am just very concerned by the quality of players teams like Swansea are bringing in. I just get the feeling we are being left behind.

Swansea an afford higher fee''s than we can because they''ve just got over £20m for Allen and Sinclair, we''ve kept out squad together.

I think the CMS speculation has perhaps provoked the reaction it has because we''d all got used to Lambert''s comments that he''d only bring in players if they were better than what he already had. CMS isn''t a bad player and he''ll certainly add a bit of depth to an area where we are lacking in numbers, but I personally don''t think he''s better than Holt, Jackson and Morison.

Addressing the OP I can honestly say I was against us getting him first time we were linked as was glad we didn''t get him. Others feel differently and whether the manager makes a difference I don''t know. He certainly hasn''t impressed in the championship so far

[quote user="lake district canary"]If CMS does come here and does well, I wonder whatr they would say then.................[/quote]I would hold my hand up and admit I was wrong, but until that point there''s nothing wrong with having genuine concern and expressing this firmly as an opinion on the forum.

I''ve said it before on another thread, but last year we finished above a good number of teams who had had several years on a Premiership income to bring in quality players and enhance their squads while we added a few Championship and League 1 signings. Why is this transfer window so different?

In all honesty, I would find the signing of CMS somewhat underwhelming, irrespective of who the manager was. That is not to say I wouldn''t give the lad a chance.

Think people would be more dissapointed due to being linked to more exotic names like Abdelaoue etc.

I am gonna go on record and say I actually would like CMS here, I have seen him play in the flesh and was very impressed with his pace. Played as a second striker he will bag goals...at Brighton he has been played predominantly as a lone striker

I think the whole transfer window this time round has been skewed by the links to players brought on by twitter accounts claiming to be agents or in the know

Abdellaoue is one that would never happen at this stage, being a Hannover fan as well I have seen him play a lot however I seriously doubt the vast majority of this board will have seen him play fully but a long foreign name lights up when the players we have in our squad particularly up front...Holt (from League 2), Morison (from Championship), Jackson (from League 1) didn''t serve us too badly last season.

We all have come to terms now that Holt & Morison doesn''t really work as a pairing so another player with bursting pace up front is welcome

I would think CMS is being seen more as a replacement for one of our current strikers going out. Now that Wilbraham & Vaughan have gone, pick anyone from Morison, Jackson, C. Martin for potential departure.

If we are serious about remaining a Premiership status club we really do need to think like a Premiership status club; and that would mean (in addition to CMS) a high-quality striker joining us. At least I hope so!...

This is what I like about this board. So many different opinions and sometimes it''s even hard to pick a side. To be honest when we appointed lambert I thought brilliant another nobody even though it amused me watching my col u mate getting annoyed. But I was proved wrong.

I was the same with holty I thought who the f**k is this, proved wrong again.

I have learnt my lesson but no disrespect I feel some people haven''t.