Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

why does everybody write someone off BEFORE we sign them?

how do you know we can pay 50k a week Indy? it will trigger a mass revolt if we do that but then hey its not your money is it? Well boll***s to it!! Lets give them all 50k a week and stop the people moaning and end up bankrupt and out of business then you can go and watch Kings Lynn!!!! 

[quote user="Hog"]No, I''m sorry but as far as CMS is concerned I think we have a right to be concerned. We originally tried to sign him to help us over the line, instead we got Wilbraham. Getting him in now is seriously going backwards and shows an amazing lack of serious ambition[/quote]

Now this is all speculation I believe because I haven''t seen anything to say we are actually signing CMS. But I''m intrigued about this reference to Wilbraham. Wilbo played some very good premier league games for us last season  but he''s gone now. So if we replaced him with CMS are you saying that is seriously going backwards and shows an amazing lack of serious ambition?

[quote user="baldyboy"]how do you know we can pay 50k a week Indy? it will trigger a mass revolt if we do that but then hey its not your money is it? Well boll***s to it!! Lets give them all 50k a week and stop the people moaning and end up bankrupt and out of business then you can go and watch Kings Lynn!!!!  we earned 63mil, plus we sell out every week[/quote]

Plus at the end of 13/14 season you can earn between 90-140mill a season they haven''t decided on the prize money yet.Inst that something to fight for, why do you think the champ teams are splashing the cash for a big bite of rich mans pie

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]Plus at the end of 13/14 season you can earn between 90-140mill a season[/quote]WOW!  I feel sure you''ll be happy to post a link to prove it won''t you?

[quote user="baldyboy"]Its ridiculous people moaning about CMS coming and saying hes not the answer to our striker needs!! How many people three years ago were overwhelmed with us signing Grant Holt? People should give the guy a chance ffs!!![/quote]....but baldy, you know that there are many on here who would make a better manager than whoever is at the helm at carrow road.  they have obviously got their "badges" and have spent much time scouting the players, so obviously know everything there is to know about their abilities.[:@]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Its ridiculous people moaning about CMS coming and saying hes not the answer to our striker needs!! How many people three years ago were overwhelmed with us signing Grant Holt? People should give the guy a chance ffs!!![/quote]

I understand you perfectly . Same goes for us rrrrrsss we sign player and what does every other football fans oh no he''s shit qpr are in the dog house buying all these overpriced crap players lmao we shall see tho........

We signed Grant Holt in the 3rd division and everyone said how good a signing he was!

CMS in the premirship can not be looked at in the same breath!

And it''s not about making a better manager its about paying my season ticket money to watch good football, as such I have an opinion as much as anyone who supports the club! If mine differ''s to your''s tough!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Ches right hand man "]Plus at the end of 13/14 season you can earn between 90-140mill a season[/quote]

WOW!  I feel sure you''ll be happy to post a link to prove it won''t you?

[/quote]

Quite. The Swiss Ramble, who is good on this stuff, estimates that if Norwich stay in the Premier League for all three seasons of the incoming TV deal and finish 12th , as we did last season, we will get £70.1m a year from the PL, in terms of domestic and overseas TV right and merit money. Compared with £45.6m last season.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/06/19/premier-league-tv-rights-qa-including-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/adding what we get this season and income from matches equals a lot of money

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Ches right hand man "]Plus at the end of 13/14 season you can earn between 90-140mill a season[/quote]

WOW!  I feel sure you''ll be happy to post a link to prove it won''t you?

[/quote]

Quite. The Swiss Ramble, who is good on this stuff, estimates that if Norwich stay in the Premier League for all three seasons of the incoming TV deal and finish 12th , as we did last season, we will get £70.1m a year from the PL, in terms of domestic and overseas TV right and merit money. Compared with £45.6m last season.

[/quote]

Although as every Premier League club will be getting this much it will just mean all the players will get higher wages. Lucky old them.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]So we should do something that you admit could well destabilise the rest of the squad and prompt massive pay claims that we simply can''t afford?[/quote]In a manner of speaking - yes.As I qualified later in the post, I firmly believe that wages should be paid accordingly based on ability and performances, and if we''re signing better players than we already have, then we should expect to have to pay them more.Similarly, what right would many of our players have in asking for big pay rises if their performances and ability levels did not warrant this increase?Players like Holt showed they were genuine premiership quality last season and therefore could justify a pay increase in line with many others in the league, but that doesn''t make them equal to other top players nor mean they should be paid the same as these players.Apparently Arsenal are paying the likes of Djourou 50k a week - and that''s what happens if you don''t clearly draw a line between the top players and the squad players. Players like RVP, Rooney, Aguero etc can ask for big money because they''re worth it (relatively speaking), but if we signed one of them, that doesn''t mean that the likes of Moro or Jackson could suddenly demand similar wages or parity with them!If we sign a player who''s ability level dictates the standard sort of wage paid for this ability - be it either 25k, 50k or 100k, this in no way entitles other players to ask for the same or more.With the expected money from the new TV deal and the ongoing money from this season, we are almost certainly going to be able to afford to pay someone 50k a week (even if they''re the only player we can), and if some of the other players can''t accept this - they need to move on and we''ll replace them with players who can deal with it.There''s only so long we can refuse to sign ''big'' players because of wages/reputation etc before the team starts to suffer for it compared to the competition, and maybe this is the time to make that change?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Things must be bad if the rumour of this signing has brought old chicken head and alex back to the board. I fear league one must be just around the corner.....

[/quote]

Haha, just tend to lurk these days, Eddie, hope all is well with you mate. Not sure what to make of the potential CMS signing to be honest - but if Hughton thinks he''s the right man for the job then I respect that. Every player that is signed by NCFC should be given a chance by us supporters, and backed, it is certainly not in our interests to make them feel unwelcome before they''ve even kicked a ball in anger...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Makes me laugh how people can write off proven strikers like Owen and Carroll as not being good enough, but would be willing to accept CMS instead - has the world gone made???[/quote]

How is Carroll proven he has alot more convincing to do imo, if City signed him i would be gutted.

[quote user="ricky knight"]How is Carroll proven he has alot more convincing to do imo, if City signed him i would be gutted.[/quote]13 goals in 26 prem games is good enough for me, not to mention that Liverpool thought we was good enough to pay silly money for him, and Hodgson thinks he''s good enough for England.I may not agree with some of the views regarding Carroll, but you can''t deny his scoring record in the prem before his ill-fated move to Liverpool.I''ll take a chance on someone who''s scored at a 1 in 2 ratio in the prem over unknown quantities like Rhodes, or complete never were''s like CMS...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]So we should do something that you admit could well destabilise the rest of the squad and prompt massive pay claims that we simply can''t afford?[/quote]
In a manner of speaking - yes.

As I qualified later in the post, I firmly believe that wages should be paid accordingly based on ability and performances, and if we''re signing better players than we already have, then we should expect to have to pay them more.

Similarly, what right would many of our players have in asking for big pay rises if their performances and ability levels did not warrant this increase?

Players like Holt showed they were genuine premiership quality last season and therefore could justify a pay increase in line with many others in the league, but that doesn''t make them equal to other top players nor mean they should be paid the same as these players.

Apparently Arsenal are paying the likes of Djourou 50k a week - and that''s what happens if you don''t clearly draw a line between the top players and the squad players. Players like RVP, Rooney, Aguero etc can ask for big money because they''re worth it (relatively speaking), but if we signed one of them, that doesn''t mean that the likes of Moro or Jackson could suddenly demand similar wages or parity with them!

If we sign a player who''s ability level dictates the standard sort of wage paid for this ability - be it either 25k, 50k or 100k, this in no way entitles other players to ask for the same or more.

With the expected money from the new TV deal and the ongoing money from this season, we are almost certainly going to be able to afford to pay someone 50k a week (even if they''re the only player we can), and if some of the other players can''t accept this - they need to move on and we''ll replace them with players who can deal with it.

There''s only so long we can refuse to sign ''big'' players because of wages/reputation etc before the team starts to suffer for it compared to the competition, and maybe this is the time to make that change?
[/quote]

Of course better players, particularly in the key positions, get paid more. I am sure, for example, that Tierney understands why he is paid a bit less than Holt. But what you were proposing was paying a marquee name £50,000 a week while the next best-paid player - Holt, say - is paid half that or a bit more.

You can say until you are blue in the face that "If we sign a player who''s ability level dictates the standard sort of wage paid for this ability - be it either 25k, 50k or 100k, this in no way entitles other players to ask for the same or more." but I doubt the other players woiuld see it that way. they would feel entitled.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/06/19/premier-league-tv-rights-qa-including-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

adding what we get this season and income from matches equals a lot of money
[/quote]

Che, I am a bit confused. You were asked to provide a link to back up your claim that Norwich will earn between £90m and £140m a year from the PL/incoming TV deal. You provide a link that says that if Norwich keep finishing 12th (a bold assumption in itself) we will earn from £64m to £83m a year, with that £83m figure being very much the upper limit. And splitting the difference between those two extremes provides a figure of £73.5m. Which, spookily, is rather close to the £70.1m figure I quoted. And a fair way short of even your low figure of £90m, let alone the £140m figure.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]You can say until you are blue in the face that "If we sign a player who''s ability level dictates the standard sort of wage paid for this ability - be it either 25k, 50k or 100k, this in no way entitles other players to ask for the same or more." but I doubt the other players woiuld see it that way. they would feel entitled.[/quote]And if that''s the case they can either learn to deal with it or choose to move on.We''re not a charity, we should pay the going rate based on ability, and if a player can justify that (as much as any footballer can) then fair enough, if not then tough bananas and go cry somewhere else.I''m not trying to be an a$$ about this, but that''s how a sensible business is run, you pay the best workers the most money (or best bonuses) and everyone else gets the going rate until they can prove they deserve otherwise.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Things must be bad if the rumour of this signing has brought old chicken head and alex back to the board. I fear league one must be just around the corner.....

[/quote] Haha, just tend to lurk these days, Eddie, hope all is well with you mate. Not sure what to make of the potential CMS signing to be honest - but if Hughton thinks he''s the right man for the job then I respect that. Every player that is signed by NCFC should be given a chance by us supporters, and backed, it is certainly not in our interests to make them feel unwelcome before they''ve even kicked a ball in anger...[/quote]

I was referring to alex_ncfc and old chicken head Alex. Good to see you though buddy. I don''t know about CMS either to be honest. But on balance I would say that if he signed we''d have a stronger set of strikers in our squad than we had last season when we had an injured Vaughan and Wilbo.  That''s why I can''t go with Hog''s comments that getting him in now is seriously going backwards and shows an amazing lack of serious ambition. I believe he would push our first choice strikers a lot harder than Wilbo and an injured Vaughan did last season.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Its ridiculous people moaning about CMS coming and saying hes not the answer to our striker needs!! How many people three years ago were overwhelmed with us signing Grant Holt? People should give the guy a chance ffs!!![/quote]Will happily give him a chance, but when you look at his record and the record of our current strikers, he hardly looks like an improvement or even something particularly different and while I''m not going to slate him I will admit his potential signing is the most "meh" moment of the transfer window so far.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Alex "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Haha, just tend to lurk these days, Eddie, hope all is well with you mate. Not sure what to make of the potential CMS signing to be honest - but if Hughton thinks he''s the right man for the job then I respect that. Every player that is signed by NCFC should be given a chance by us supporters, and backed, it is certainly not in our interests to make them feel unwelcome before they''ve even kicked a ball in anger...[/quote]

I was referring to alex_ncfc and old chicken head Alex. Good to see you though buddy. I don''t know about CMS either to be honest. But on balance I would say that if he signed we''d have a stronger set of strikers in our squad than we had last season when we had an injured Vaughan and Wilbo.  That''s why I can''t go with Hog''s comments that getting him in now is seriously going backwards and shows an amazing lack of serious ambition. I believe he would push our first choice strikers a lot harder than Wilbo and an injured Vaughan did last season.

[/quote]Impossible to argue with that.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Alex "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Impossible to argue with that.[/quote]Yes, and yet I maintain we should be signing a striker who will be first choice, and not someone to make the current bunch try a little bit harder.  If that is CMS then I am underwhelmed, and if this is about "strengthening the bench" then I am also underwhelmed.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Alex "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Impossible to argue with that.[/quote]Yes, and yet I maintain we should be signing a striker who will be first choice, and not someone to make the current bunch try a little bit harder.  If that is CMS then I am underwhelmed, and if this is about "strengthening the bench" then I am also underwhelmed.

[/quote]I register you underwhelmedness, but maybe beggars can''t be choosers.If we can''t afford a marquee signing we will have to make do with a small tent.But by midnight tomorrow we may have different news.Funny old game intut.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Alex "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Impossible to argue with that.
[/quote]

Yes, and yet I maintain we should be signing a striker who will be first choice, and not someone to make the current bunch try a little bit harder.  If that is CMS then I am underwhelmed, and if this is about "strengthening the bench" then I am also underwhelmed.

[/quote]

I register you underwhelmedness, but maybe beggars can''t be choosers.

If we can''t afford a marquee signing we will have to make do with a small tent.

But by midnight tomorrow we may have different news.

Funny old game intut.
[/quote]

Now old Bor''s been thinking that this Craig Mackail-Smith business is a clever ruse by old Houghton to blow smoke in our eyes while the real target is being reeled in elsewhere.  In that sense CMS is un poisson rouge, as my old friend Thierry would say... a red herring, chaff, a smokescreen, a diversion.   I hope they are right because old Bor doesn''t see us worrying the top 15 in the league if we stay as we are.

Indy, to quote your words carroll''s ill fated movee to liverpool, we splash 6 or 7 mill on somebody who is to say they will be the magic striker? I will ask you again were you doing cartwheels when we signed Holt in League One? No thought not!! We have signed many players in the past who people have said were poor but they have gone on to be great signings for this club. It is a step up for CMS so he will surely want to prove himself worthy of a Prem place, the same as the likes of Holt, Morison and Jackson last season!!