Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Rickie Lambert rumour

Bloomin'' ''eck Smudger. Are you feeling alright? What an amazing tirade.

I long since gave up taking any notice of your opinion about football. Despite the fact that you bump up any thread which could remotely suggest you have been right for each one there will be about 12 others where you were hopelessly wrong. You are about as reliable as a stopped clock[O]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2576659/ShowPost.aspx#2576659

On this thread alone you say that Pilks is not as good as what we had beforer he signed for us, he can only play in one position, he has a bad attitude, we should have gone for Bullard instead and need to replace Ruddy. Your claims that other posters know less about football than you don''t really stack up too good do they?

Now Lambert and Holt were the best strikeforce in the division when at Rochdale. I''ve never suggested Lambert was a target man. I should imagine Holty played that role.

Hope you lose it again tonight buddy. It''s great entertainment[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Bloomin'' ''eck Smudger. Are you feeling alright? What an amazing tirade.

I long since gave up taking any notice of your opinion about football. Despite the fact that you bump up any thread which could remotely suggest you have been right for each one there will be about 12 others where you were hopelessly wrong. You are about as reliable as a stopped clock[O]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2576659/ShowPost.aspx#2576659

On this thread alone you say that Pilks is not as good as what we had beforer he signed for us, he can only play in one position, he has a bad attitude, we should have gone for Bullard instead and need to replace Ruddy. Your claims that other posters know less about football than you don''t really stack up too good do they?

Now Lambert and Holt were the best strikeforce in the division when at Rochdale. I''ve never suggested Lambert was a target man. I should imagine Holty played that role.

Hope you lose it again tonight buddy. It''s great entertainment[Y]

[/quote]

I can think on one, nutty. I am proud to say I know much less about football than does Smudger, no matter under which alias he posts.

It''s all a matter of opinion I guess Purple but your posts suggest differently to me.

[/quote]

nutty, turns out I don''t even know much about Ukrainian football...[;)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]So is Smudger now going to give us a lecture in how MacKail-Smith once played in goal for the under 9s and so isn''t really a striker?[/quote]

And he played wicket keeper when he was 12

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s all a matter of opinion I guess Purple but your posts suggest differently to me.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe so but you''re still right more often than a stopped clock[O][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe so but you''re still right more often than a stopped clock[O][;)]

[/quote]

I''ve seen Smudger have a kickabout and he couldn''t trap a bag of cement. His trap is big enough to accommodate a bag of cement, but that''s a different matter...[;)]

Smudger is not online. Last active: 17/09/2011 08:10:14 Smudger

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02/10/2006
Posts 8,854

Re: Could Ruddy?

Reply Quote

I think that it is critical that we sign a new goialkeeper unless we want a real scrap on our hands at the wrong end of the table this season.

So says two guys who thought that Peter Grant, Glen Roeder and Bryan Gunn were wonderful managers. That players like Andy Hughes, Gary Doherty, John Otsemobor, Sammy Clingan, Chris Brown, Lee Croft and David Strihavka were good enough to win Promotion from the Championship.Let''s take a look at where those players are now shall we?

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]So says two guys who thought that Peter Grant, Glen Roeder and Bryan Gunn were wonderful managers. That players like Andy Hughes, Gary Doherty, John Otsemobor, Sammy Clingan, Chris Brown, Lee Croft and David Strihavka were good enough to win Promotion from the Championship.

Let''s take a look at where those players are now shall we?

[/quote]

Links please! Not too many at once though. If you''re gonna lose it like last night can you wait ''til the kids are in bed[S]

Now about this bag of cement....

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]So says two guys who thought that Peter Grant, Glen Roeder and Bryan Gunn were wonderful managers. That players like Andy Hughes, Gary Doherty, John Otsemobor, Sammy Clingan, Chris Brown, Lee Croft and David Strihavka were good enough to win Promotion from the Championship.

[/quote]

Oh dear me Smudger is that the best you can do ? I will agree that i thought Peter Grant would do the business but i was wrong but as for this talk that i thought Roeder and Gunn were "wonderful managers" i challenge you to post anything i said that was even remotely positive about their tenures.As for the list of players you have offered up it is just too ridiculous for words and i seriously think you are deluded if there ever was any suggestion on my part that they were good enough to win us promotion.Put up or shut up on that one Smudger.

Anyway how is Thumbelina these days ?

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]So says two guys who thought that Peter Grant, Glen Roeder and Bryan Gunn were wonderful managers. That players like Andy Hughes, Gary Doherty, John Otsemobor, Sammy Clingan, Chris Brown, Lee Croft and David Strihavka were good enough to win Promotion from the Championship.Let''s take a look at where those players are now shall we?

[/quote]

Links please! Not too many at once though. If you''re gonna lose it like last night can you wait ''til the kids are in bed[S]

[/quote]All the regulars here know how you so keenly defended such useless players and managers when they were here.No need for me to waste time trawling the interweb for such links.I guess your friend has removed them anyhow? [^o)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]So says two guys who thought that Peter Grant, Glen Roeder and Bryan Gunn were wonderful managers. That players like Andy Hughes, Gary Doherty, John Otsemobor, Sammy Clingan, Chris Brown, Lee Croft and David Strihavka were good enough to win Promotion from the Championship.Let''s take a look at where those players are now shall we?

[/quote]

Oh dear me Smudger is that the best you can do ? I will agree that i thought Peter Grant would do the business but i was wrong but as for this talk that i thought Roeder and Gunn were "wonderful managers" i challenge you to post anything i said that was even remotely positive about their tenures.As for the list of players you have offered up it is just too ridiculous for words and i seriously think you are deluded if there ever was any suggestion on my part that they were good enough to win us promotion.Put up or shut up on that one Smudger.

Anyway how is Thumbelina these days ?

[/quote]Why didn''t you voice your concern about Roeder and Gunn at the organisation which you ran at the time then?  I guess that is why they voted you out as chairman - due to being able to fit your knowledge of what how to form a good football team on to the back of postage stamp.Just for the record - Peter Grant was perhaps the worst of those 3 managers, but unlike you at least he had the good grace to realise it.

[quote user="Trawlerboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All the regulars here know how you so keenly defended such useless players and managers when they were here.

No need for me to waste time trawling the interweb for such links.

I guess your friend has removed them anyhow? [^o)]
[/quote]

Well now! There''s 10 names listed there so if you can produce links that I was wrong about them and I put up Ruddy and Holt I''ll be right twice as often as you and a stopped clock[O]

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]Why didn''t you voice your concern about Roeder and Gunn at the organisation which you ran at the time then?  I guess that is why they voted you out as chairman

[/quote]

Resigned in September 2010 Smudger and did not stand for re election at the AGM.......get it right.Maybe you would care to give Doomcaster a call up in Scotland and he will tell you my views on Roeder and Gunn as he heard them on several occassions.