Sign in to follow this  
Albion fan

Craig Mackail Smith

Honestly don''t understand the negativity about him on here. People wanted him the January before we were promoted - which means he would have been premiership with us then.

What''s changed now? He has scored regularily enough to be given a shot at this level and is also a player that can play off Holt.

With all respect to Jackson and C.Martin he is a sort of blend of the two. I can see him being an asset.

Maybe not the big ''shock'' signing everyone wants but is that really what we need? Something like that could upset the apple cart so to speak.

I would rather play Mackail-smith that Jackson.

They are both hard working runners and quick but I hope

Mackail-smith will be the more clinical of the two.

There is nothing to show Mackail-smith would be better than Jackson.  Jackson''s scoring record in the lower leagues is no worse than Mackail-smith''s.  And Jackson''s record in the Championship is superior.  We might as well have keep Vaughan or Chris Martin, both''s record in the Championship is similar to Mackail Smith.

[quote user="Scrimmage "][quote user="Crabby"][quote user="Ncfc"]Oh dear , yet again we would prove that we do not really belong in the top flight , the guy has all but been forgotten since his move to Brighton , worse than we already have and to try compare him with Rhodes is quite frankly funny .[/quote]

Why do you say that NCFC, the whole of our current success has been built on developing players from the lower leagues, it`s so far been a successful model and certainly does not prove that we do not belong in the topflight. The top flight has a huge spectrum of clubs in terms of size and finance and what we have achieved puts us right in there! [/quote]

The point is, it''s unlikely that such a model will work again. Sadly, that''s the way it is.[/quote]

Whats your reasoning for saying that?

Indeed it has been reported that Hughton wants to play 4-2-3-1

"He thinks too much, such men are dangerous."

Whereas, it sometime appeared to me that Lambert stuck a pin in the squad list to select his teams at times, and it usually worked tbh, Hughton seems to be quite clinical with his choice of format and tactics. I hope that this is not indeed dangerous for us, as one up front for much of the season is hard to swallow IMO. 

I just cannot see it working and fear more Fulhams on the horizon.

One of the good things about CMS''s link is that it would suggest that CH is looking for support for Holt (or Morison) over and above the Jacko option. I cannot think of too many other positives, save at this late stage we need an addition up front.

[quote user="chicken"]

Honestly don''t understand the negativity about him on here. People wanted him the January before we were promoted - which means he would have been premiership with us then.

What''s changed now?

[/quote]He managed only 9 goals in 45 Championship games last season... On top of the 10 he managed in 43 for Peterborough a couple of seasons earlier.

Can''t be bothered to even think about this to much,Ii can''t see them accepting our offer, if indeed we made one, Brighton doon''t need the dosh, and to late in the day for CMS to force the issue.We will proably get someone in no-one has mentioned and surprise us, or no-one

Definately worth a punt and could do well along side Holty.  Is there something in the water in Norfolk that causes severe depression, a beligerant outlook, and a serious tendancy to become a miserable old git at even a tender young age?  There`s a lot more pleasure for me in seeing a young striker come up from the lower leagues and make a success than seeing some big name money grabbing hasbeen serving out his time in a yellow shirt!   

[quote user="The Young One"]Can''t be bothered to even think about this to much,Ii can''t see them accepting our offer, if indeed we made one, Brighton doon''t need the dosh, and to late in the day for CMS to force the issue.We will proably get someone in no-one has mentioned and surprise us, or no-one[/quote]Brighton are supposedly having talks with the two Peterborough lads that turned Ipswich down yesterday one of those is a striker so i guess that would allow them to offload CMS who has not pulled up any trees there.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Brighton are supposedly having talks with the two Peterborough lads that turned Ipswich down yesterday one of those is a striker so i guess that would allow them to offload CMS who has not pulled up any trees there.[/quote]This just gets better.CMS not considered good enough by Brighton so they turn to Peterborough strikers instead, yet apparently he''s good enough for us and the prem!F**k me, what a sorry state of affairs this will be if there''s any substance to these rumours...

Haven''t read anywhere officially that Brighton want to offload CMS. Quite the contrary by the sounds of it!

If it makes you feel better than carry on thinking that.

Gareth - I''m with you on this now.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Ncfc"]Brighton are supposedly having talks with the two Peterborough lads that turned Ipswich down yesterday one of those is a striker so i guess that would allow them to offload CMS who has not pulled up any trees there.[/quote]This just gets better.CMS not considered good enough by Brighton so they turn to Peterborough strikers instead, yet apparently he''s good enough for us and the prem!F**k me, what a sorry state of affairs this will be if there''s any substance to these rumours...[/quote]Of course, it could be they can''t hold on to CMS because he wants to play in the Prem and they''re looking at Boyd to replace him.Personally, I hope Brighton take Andy Carroll on loan to replace him. Just as likely as some of the other drivel spouted on here today.

Hang on!

Has it been confirmed that we''re after him? Or that he is definitely coming here? I mean from someone official, not just rumour or bloody awful tabloid press. Have I missed something?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Some posters seem to think we have a limitless amount of money to spend, on transfers and wages. We don''t. It is all a balancing act. So far we have spent serious money, purely in terms of transfer fees, on six players (Bassong, Bunn, Snodgrass, Butterfield, Tettey and Turner), with two "frees" I suspect most posters here would simply have not believed at the start of the summer that we would get in eight players with the likelihood of one more. But that only leaves so much, especially if Hughton is being sensible and putting a significant amount aside for the January window.Wouldn''t it be cheaper and better value to get in a young striker on loan and save the rest of the cash for Jan? Must be a few Strikers available who are loan or transferred listed within the prem or high calibre foreign league? 

[/quote]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="chicken"]

What''s changed now?

[/quote]

He managed only 9 goals in 45 Championship games last season... On top of the 10 he managed in 43 for Peterborough a couple of seasons earlier.
[/quote]

You''re just letting the staistics get in the way.

CH says any signing we make will be whats right for NCFC & he''s a football manager and you''re not.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="chicken"]

What''s changed now?

[/quote]He managed only 9 goals in 45 Championship games last season... On top of the 10 he managed in 43 for Peterborough a couple of seasons earlier.[/quote]

CH says any signing we make will be whats right for NCFC & he''s a football manager and you''re not.

Anyone can get there coaching badge,

[/quote]

[quote user="Che''s right hand man "][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="chicken"]

What''s changed now?

[/quote]

He managed only 9 goals in 45 Championship games last season... On top of the 10 he managed in 43 for Peterborough a couple of seasons earlier.
[/quote]

[/quote]

But not everyone gets a job as a manager.

[quote user="Gareth"]I''m thinking I''ll just stay out of this, people are getting a little crazy at the moment.[/quote]

Can I sit with you Gareth please?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Che''s right hand man "][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="chicken"]

What''s changed now?

[/quote]He managed only 9 goals in 45 Championship games last season... On top of the 10 he managed in 43 for Peterborough a couple of seasons earlier.[/quote]

[/quote]

But not everyone gets a job as a manager.

Not many people get a job at all.

[/quote]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gareth"]I''m thinking I''ll just stay out of this, people are getting a little crazy at the moment.[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Wiz don''t be shy, you always have an opinion......

[quote user="Hog"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On this Hog I''m more than happy to trust Hughton''s judgement.[Y]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Hog"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On this Hog I''m more than happy to trust Hughton''s judgement.[Y]

[/quote]

Wiz must be spinning in his grave, knowing that his murderer hacked into his account on the pink un...

Hughton on CMS now available from Pink''un.

It says non-committal, but it sounds like he just dismissed it as ''speculation'' to me.

Anyway, I now intend to do what I always do when the Pink''un goes into meltdown and stay away for a bit.

Enjoy your pointless, moronic panic!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

When''s Frazier Campbell signing?

Hopefully the whole CMS story is BS, and it is a smokescreen for us signing Berbatov for 5 mill and the same wages as Holt. Or Del Piero. Or Llorente. Or....just anybody good! But I doubt it.

I would imagine we are in for CMS. I would also imagine we were one of many clubs offered Rhodes, hence the delay in his deal with Blackburn which goes back several weeks.

With or without CMS I think we will get relegated, sadly. I just don''t think we have enough this season. Our striking options are not good enough. Our strikers currently at the club wouldn''t get into another Prem side, in my honest opinion.

I''d rather CMS than nobody. Otherwise why let Vaughan go?! However, come May I don''t think it will make much difference and we will be back in the Championship.

I never cease to be amazed by the number of experienced Premiership managers on here who always know better then City''s current incumbent.

Don''t think I know better, it''s just called having an opinion. I think we will get relegated because our squad isn''t good enough. Not a fact. Just what I think.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong but don''t think I will be.