Sign in to follow this  
Albion fan

Craig Mackail Smith

Hi Albion fan i peace, well our local Albion hack is tweeting from his counterpart in Norwich you are about to try and raid us again :-( do you send scouts to any other clubs except Brighton!http://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus

I''m hearing Norwich interest in CMS

and from our forum

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?254918-Norwich-intrested-in-CMS

please leave us alone, we want CMS to stay!!

[quote user="Albion fan"]Hi Albion fan i peace, well our local Albion hack is tweeting from his counterpart in Norwich you are about to try and raid us again :-( do you send scouts to any other clubs except Brighton![/quote]
Mostly Brighton and Leeds!
Cheers for the info, not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I know Lambert was interested in him the season we got promoted. How was he last season?

[quote user="Albion fan"]Hi Albion fan i peace, well our local Albion hack is tweeting from his counterpart in Norwich you are about to try and raid us again :-( do you send scouts to any other clubs except Brighton!http://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus

I''m hearing Norwich interest in CMS

and from our forum

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?254918-Norwich-intrested-in-CMS

please leave us alone, we want CMS to stay!!

[/quote]

God, I hope not. Exactly what we don''t need. No improvement on Holt, Jackson or Morison. If we are to get anyone, they need to be an improvement on all three of them, in my opinion.

he struggled for goals, but I don''t think it was his fault, he is a tireless runner, like the energiser bunny, but he needs someone to play off, like Holt for instance.and we never found the traget man type to hep him, we loaned Billy Paynter who was shit and Sam Vokes who was not much much betterlast season for us he was often on his own up front against 2 much bigger centre halves, this season, he looks superb and he scored 2 last saturday put him alongside a bigger centre forward and he will feed off him and get a hatfull, put him on his own and he will struggle

[quote user="super canary"]Would be pretty disappointed if this happens. We need better. We can surely get better.[/quote]remember reading some of the Elliott who posts when you took benno of us, CMS is a good and hungry player, i can assure you, you will love him if you get him, though I really hope you don''t

Actually I still rate him. Was dissapointed he didnt come in last year. 11 goals in the Championship isnt great but compared to Rhodes he at least has experience at that level. Dont forget he scored 35 goals the season before for Posh which is why we wanted to sign him.

Would be kind of Ironic if we got the 2 players that got away last summer this year.

Worth a punt if not too expensive.

[quote user="Albion fan"][quote user="super canary"]Would be pretty disappointed if this happens. We need better. We can surely get better.[/quote]remember reading some of the Elliott who posts when you took benno of us, CMS is a good and hungry player, i can assure you, you will love him if you get him, though I really hope you don''t[/quote]

How many did CMS score last season?

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Actually I still rate him. Was dissapointed he didnt come in last year. 11 goals in the Championship isnt great but compared to Rhodes he at least has experience at that level. Dont forget he scored 35 goals the season before for Posh which is why we wanted to sign him.

Would be kind of Ironic if we got the 2 players that got away last summer this year.

Worth a punt if not too expensive.

[/quote]it would seem to fit the Norwich mould of getting hungry rough diamonds with ability and improving them, like holt.... you don''t seem like a club that goes and and buys name stars, you develop your own

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="Albion fan"][quote user="super canary"]Would be pretty disappointed if this happens. We need better. We can surely get better.[/quote]remember reading some of the Elliott who posts when you took benno of us, CMS is a good and hungry player, i can assure you, you will love him if you get him, though I really hope you don''t[/quote]

How many did CMS score last season?[/quote]

11 but as a lone striker, which really didn''t suit him, he was constantly isolated up front, he needs to be a part of a 2, he is a brilliant poacher

I think CMS is a decent shout, but doubt it will please all. He is still the player we (reportedly) wanted and had an ok season - team him with Holt or Moro and we could see him come on really well. I''d personally have him over Rhodes who some seem to have wanted rather desperately.

Oh dear , yet again we would prove that we do not really belong in the top flight , the guy has all but been forgotten since his move to Brighton , worse than we already have and to try compare him with Rhodes is quite frankly funny .

Why is it funny to compare him to Rhodes 35 Goals in League 1.

11 in the Championship. Rhodes has never played at that level.

Stop believing the hype Rhodes is just as likely to be where CMS is now in a years time. doesn''t make either a bad player or a world beater.

All players perform differently in different teams.

"CMS is one of those players the fans will love".    Well, we love Holt, Jackson is popular - another player we can "love" would be great.    And if he plays well off Holt or  Moro, he would be a good signing.    It won''t please the fans who would prefer a player with a more exotic sounding name, but he could fit the bill just as well.

Would be so so underwhelmed by this.....so I hope its complete rubbish

Scoring record no worse than Vaughan''s at Champs level (in a relegated Posh side).

Injury record far better than Vaughan''s.

May be the best we can do given the inflated prices for strikers and the fact that not much may be left in the budget. Foreign scouting network not in place to source cheaper options from abroad (not CH''s fault).

For those saying CH was wrong to let Vaughan go, there have been reports that the player himself was unsettled, so CH may have had little choice.

Being reported by a Sky Sports Journo on twitter now. Whether he got the info from here or not, who knows. Seems legit though. This guy also said in our promotion season that Holt was signing for QPR. So not the most reliable of sources

https://twitter.com/SkyGraemeBailey/status/241130168964509697

I really hope that this is true as I feel that he would add variety and a goal-getting edge to our forward line.

Or am I just getting desperate? Didn''t really fancy the idea two weeks ago.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Oh dear , yet again we would prove that we do not really belong in the top flight , the guy has all but been forgotten since his move to Brighton , worse than we already have and to try compare him with Rhodes is quite frankly funny .[/quote]

Why do you say that NCFC, the whole of our current success has been built on developing players from the lower leagues, it`s so far been a successful model and certainly does not prove that we do not belong in the topflight. The top flight has a huge spectrum of clubs in terms of size and finance and what we have achieved puts us right in there!

[quote user="Crabby"][quote user="Ncfc"]Oh dear , yet again we would prove that we do not really belong in the top flight , the guy has all but been forgotten since his move to Brighton , worse than we already have and to try compare him with Rhodes is quite frankly funny .
[/quote]

Why do you say that NCFC, the whole of our current success has been built on developing players from the lower leagues, it`s so far been a successful model and certainly does not prove that we do not belong in the topflight. The top flight has a huge spectrum of clubs in terms of size and finance and what we have achieved puts us right in there!
[/quote]

Ncfc is like wiz, appears not to have a good word to say for our club.   Some people are just on a wind up and enjoy belittling what other people are really in to.  

[quote user="Crabby"][quote user="Ncfc"]Oh dear , yet again we would prove that we do not really belong in the top flight , the guy has all but been forgotten since his move to Brighton , worse than we already have and to try compare him with Rhodes is quite frankly funny .[/quote]

Why do you say that NCFC, the whole of our current success has been built on developing players from the lower leagues, it`s so far been a successful model and certainly does not prove that we do not belong in the topflight. The top flight has a huge spectrum of clubs in terms of size and finance and what we have achieved puts us right in there! [/quote]

The point is, it''s unlikely that such a model will work again. Sadly, that''s the way it is.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Think back, think most supporters wanted him here a year ago. Think it could be a good move[/quote]

I never wanted him here as he is a headless chicken and he has done little at Brighton.

[quote user="Grant Holt''s 3 year contract"]Basically people arent happy unless we''re splashing out on some "foreigner"?Did you people moaning about CMS think that Holt wasnt good enough?What about Pilkington and Bennett?

[/quote

Not at all, I think a lot of people would settle for Hooper, Zaha or the likes.

Don''t understand the posters on here anymore, slating CMS before/ if he comes here, yes he isn''t a 5-10mil striker, but we clearly don''t have that money to spend on one player do we? That''s exactly how Pompey got themselves into the mess they are.

I bet if he runs around as much as Holt does (which he will) and scores a couple of goals early into his (supposed) Norwich career the mood will change.

It''s no wonder players like Morison get irate at all the bashing they receive, as another thread suggests Morison''s body language does not help him at all, but what if people dont like the way CMS runs? Do we get on his back too?

Lets just support the team, we are 2 games into the season and it is our most important season to date, or lets moan and heckle our players and end up like Wolves, down by March and blaming everyone else.

I''m with the majority on this thread. I think he would be a good signing. The Albion supporter makes a lot of sense.

I forgot that he played up front on his own for the vast majority of last season. He''s a sharp player and works hard. I think Holty would work well with him.

Just my opinion of course