Sign in to follow this  
canarycat

CMS The Best We Can Get On Our Budget

i dont really know what people expect.. the club dosent hide the fact its run under a strict budget and i actually think we should be quite pleased with the amount brought in and without losing any quality out of the squad in the process.

I doubt anyone will be able to suggest anyone (who we can realisticaly afford) thats better than CMS i belive adding him gives us a could selection of forwards in Holt Moro Jackson CMS and martin

i personally belive this is ben caused by the certain Biglia and Abdelloue rumours. i think we need to start being more realistic.

If the biggest budget in NCFC equates to CMS being our marquee signing then our budget must have been quite poor.

However, it didn''t help that we had to fork out for Hughton and team out of the player budget because McNally messed up letting Lambert etc leave for free.

There''s no guarentee just because you buy big, a la QPR, those said players will perform for you better, no guarentee''s at all. Their ego''s can, and do, destroy dressing rooms.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]because McNally messed up letting Lambert etc leave for free.[/quote]You just can''t stop having a go at our club can you. Do you post as Ged Steroo elsewhere?

Agree with Wiz hungry players got us and here and thats all we can afford so may as well carry on that way. Also how anyone can have a go at Mcnally is beyond me. Look at where he has took the club.

Not always having a go at all! Just find it frustrating that such a basic error was made meaning we are left with less money for players. The Lambert situation was not the way Premiership business should be done. Our biggest asset walked out the door and we got nothing in return. I for one find that embarrassing.

Don''t like this mentality that criticising the club is a crime. Everyone can have an opinion. I''m sure you have one lappinitup, and so do I. You don''t have to agree but it doesn''t make what I say wrong.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Not always having a go at all! Just find it frustrating that such a basic error was made meaning we are left with less money for players. The Lambert situation was not the way Premiership business should be done. Our biggest asset walked out the door and we got nothing in return. I for one find that embarrassing.

Don''t like this mentality that criticising the club is a crime. Everyone can have an opinion. I''m sure you have one lappinitup, and so do I. You don''t have to agree but it doesn''t make what I say wrong.[/quote]

i dont think you can seriously say that that made the differnce of us be able to afford a big player on there huge wages can you??

There are hungry players that have an abundance of quality out there. More than CMS...

[quote user="Wiz"]There''s no guarentee just because you buy big, a la QPR, those said players will perform for you better, no guarentee''s at all. Their ego''s can, and do, destroy dressing rooms.[/quote]That''s why teams like Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc spend their time and money trawling the lower leagues for potential gems instead of paying big money for those nasty overrated superstars...oh wait...

[quote user="G"]There are hungry players that have an abundance of quality out there. More than CMS...[/quote]

Name them then mate..

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Wiz"]There''s no guarentee just because you buy big, a la QPR, those said players will perform for you better, no guarentee''s at all. Their ego''s can, and do, destroy dressing rooms.[/quote]That''s why teams like Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc spend their time and money trawling the lower leagues for potential gems instead of paying big money for those nasty overrated superstars...oh wait...[/quote]

Man U very rarely buy older players actually usually sign them younger. and comparing us too clubs like that is embarrassing

Brighton press saying any deal will depend on them getting their targets in , so if they upgrade we can have their crap basically.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Wiz"]There''s no guarentee just because you buy big, a la QPR, those said players will perform for you better, no guarentee''s at all. Their ego''s can, and do, destroy dressing rooms.[/quote]
That''s why teams like Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc spend their time and money trawling the lower leagues for potential gems instead of paying big money for those nasty overrated superstars...oh wait...
[/quote]

Okay Indy, now come out of the top 6 my friend.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If the biggest budget in NCFC equates to CMS being our marquee signing then our budget must have been quite poor.

However, it didn''t help that we had to fork out for Hughton and team out of the player budget because McNally messed up letting Lambert etc leave for free.[/quote]

Biggest "football budget" though not transfer pot (although it probably is). Football budget covers transfers and wages. Our wage bill was probably already as high as it has ever been before this summer plus the budget now has to cover:

Hughton Compo

Improved contracts for Holt, Surman, Martin and Ruddy.

Transfer fees and wages for Whittaker, Butterfield, Snodgrass, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Bunn and Tettey.

It definitely will be the biggest football budget the club has ever had. If people have read into that that we will be splashing £10m on a single player then thats probably their misinterpretation rather than Bowkett not telling the truth.

@canarycat - No, I''m not saying that paying for Hughton & team and get nothing for Lambert & team would''ve massively diminished the budget, but it certainly wouldn''t have helped. The issue of no money for Lambert has been swept under the carpet, which I find quite strange considering the character McNally appears to be.

Signing CMS has a feel of signing the dregs about it. A bit like Burnley a few years back. They signed players who were quite clearly Championship players, as we have done in the past, but we had a manager who could get the best out of them. Now, I feel we don''t have that asset to our staff anymore.

I feel we have to buy the more rounded player to stay up because Hughton isn''t as capable of doing what Lambert did with regards to his players'' high level performances.

[quote user="canarycat"][quote user="G"]There are hungry players that have an abundance of quality out there. More than CMS...[/quote] Name them then mate..[/quote]

Give me the resources, staff and wage and I will get back to you.... its not my job but they are out there. Pretty sure Guidetti and Abdellaoue look pretty kean to play football and have yards more ability than CMS.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@canarycat - No, I''m not saying that paying for Hughton & team and get nothing for Lambert & team would''ve massively diminished the budget, but it certainly wouldn''t have helped. The issue of no money for Lambert has been swept under the carpet, which I find quite strange considering the character McNally appears to be.

Signing CMS has a feel of signing the dregs about it. A bit like Burnley a few years back. They signed players who were quite clearly Championship players, as we have done in the past, but we had a manager who could get the best out of them. Now, I feel we don''t have that asset to our staff anymore.

I feel we have to buy the more rounded player to stay up because Hughton isn''t as capable of doing what Lambert did with regards to his players'' high level performances.[/quote]

Remains to be seen. In my view the performance level on saturday was as good as pretty much any home prem performance under lambert and the likes of Jackson, Howson and Johnson played just as well as they ever did under lambo. Only one game admittedly but some promising signs. I saw enough in that game to be optmistic we will do ok again this season, particularly as the likes of garrido and Bassong would appear a step up in class from the defenders we had last season.

I disagree. Defensively we were good on Saturday, but other than that, we lack so much up top. So so much.

I like Jackson but he lacks quality. Holt won''t score as many. Neither will Morison. Didn''t understand the subs he put on. Bemusing. Not sure why we bother with Chris Martin. Even Palace didn''t really want him.

If we''re going to stay up, we have to cement it before the final game. Man City away. However, I think we''ll be down by then or involved in Survival Sunday. Sorry to be negative. Just my opinion. We are too light weight.

I have a feeling that if this ends up being true and we sign CMS then we may still sign another young striker like Guidetti on loan.. Going to be an interesting 29 hours or so before the transfer windows ''slams'' shut.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@canarycat - No, I''m not saying that paying for Hughton & team and get nothing for Lambert & team would''ve massively diminished the budget, but it certainly wouldn''t have helped. The issue of no money for Lambert has been swept under the carpet, which I find quite strange considering the character McNally appears to be.

I feel we have to buy the more rounded player to stay up because Hughton isn''t as capable of doing what Lambert did with regards to his players'' high level performances.[/quote]The Lambert issue is not over. It is going to a tribunal as no agreemant can be made.

[quote user="Wiz"]Okay Indy, now come out of the top 6 my friend.[/quote]Ok, take a look at these signings over the last 6 months or so (some even from this week)Everton have signed Jelavic and MirallasWest Brom have signed Lukaku (on loan) and signed Claudio Yacob and Markus RosenbergFulham signed Petric, Rodallega and apparently Berbatov today if rumours are trueNewcastle signed Cisse and Anita.Stoke signed Cameron and Kightly and are linked with OwenSunderland have signed Fletcher and Adam JohnsonLiverpool have signed Borini, Allen and SahinQPR have signed Hoillett, Park, Fabio (on loan), Bosingwa and Julio CesarSouthampton have signed Rodriguez, Mayuka and may even get Gaston RamirezVilla have signed Holman and Vlaar and may add another shortlySwansea have signed Michu, De Guzman (loan), Shechter (loan) Ki Seung-Yeung and Pablo HernandezWest Ham have signed Jarvis, Maiga and JaaskelainenEven Reading have signed PogrebnyakSo it ain''t just the top sides who pay good money for players and talent, and when sides like Southampton, West Brom and Swansea are casting their net to get international quality players, it''s frankly embarrasing when we''re linked with CMS...

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If the biggest budget in NCFC equates to CMS being our marquee signing then our budget must have been quite poor. However, it didn''t help that we had to fork out for Hughton and team out of the player budget because McNally messed up letting Lambert etc leave for free.[/quote]

Marquee signing? whats that supposed to mean? I don''t think we have ever made such a signing. Regardless of the "biggest budget ever" statement I don''t think we ever will . We''ve been in the Premiership for a season I repeat A SEASON, people are talking on here as if its a god given right that we should expect top players to be signed immediately. We''ve got a group of reasonably talented players who on the whole have great potential to get better as a team. If we made a "Marquee signing" as you put it, that player would demand "marquee" wages. I agree if that person is worth the money they demand then fine, but you''d then get a team full of people demanding more money, that as far as this board is concerned, won''t happen. Everybody is bleating on about this team and that team buying player A and player B, This might make them a better side, it may not. See QPR, they have a number of "maquee signings" and frankly they''re duff.  

CMS may not be the answer in our eyes but the people who are in charge, with the funds available, think he maybe. They will live and die by this decision and they know it. I for one will wait and see (a) if they sign him and (b) what he''s like when he plays. That''s all I can do. Being a season ticket holder gives me no more right to change things as riding on a bus and telling the driver he''s not doing it right because i''d just bought a ticket for that journey.

I''m not saying we should be little old Norwich be pleased with what we''ve got, but get real people, Please...... 

Indy_Bones, most of those clubs are paying massive wages, far, far higher than us.

Also, we have to pay a huge amount to the banks this season.

Southampton can spray money around because they had a very generous Swiss investor who paid off all their debts before pegging out and leaving them a nice legacy. Ditto huge outside investment at Fulham with Al Fayed. Ditto Newcastle with Cashley. Ditto Stoke with their investors. Ditto Sunderland with the rich American guy (forget his name). Ditto QPR with Mr Mittal, among the top 10 richest people in the world. Ditto Reading with Russian investors ...

Even West Brom, investor-less, have been in the Prem for most of the last 10 years, so have a Prem-level squad (whereas we have half a Prem squad, and the rest made up of Championship-level players, hence the need to "build out" the squad).

About the only obvious exception in your list is Swansea, who simply cannot have believed their luck to get 15 million for Joe Allen, and now their manager can scout the Spanish league with his in-depth knowledge and make some very astute signings.

[quote user="Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar"]We''ve been in the Premiership for a season I repeat A SEASON, people are talking on here as if its a god given right that we should expect top players to be signed immediately.[/quote]Funny how most of the other teams in the league are looking to do so.Southampton are trying to get Ramirez for around 11mil, West Ham have already paid over 10 mil for Jarvis and Reading have spent big on wages for Pogrebnyak - they haven''t even been in the prem for a season but are willing to spend the money, so why is it unreasonable for us Norwich fans to expect someone better than the likes of CMS after a successful season in the top flight???

Indy_Bones, Southampton have no debt and funding from outside investors. Whereas we have to pay off about 8 mill to the banks this season (and have no choice in the matter), and do not have outside investors.

Reading have rich outside investors (Russians).

Southampton and Reading are not just "willing to spend the money", they actually have the money in the first place. We do not.

Try reading the post above yours Indy. It''s pointless crying over other clubs spending more, we are spending what we have to spend, it''s impossible for us to spend more.

Unless of course you know a bored Sheikh, or have a money tree growing in your garden. Just what do you expect the club to do exactly?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar"]We''ve been in the Premiership for a season I repeat A SEASON, people are talking on here as if its a god given right that we should expect top players to be signed immediately.[/quote]Funny how most of the other teams in the league are looking to do so.Southampton are trying to get Ramirez for around 11mil, West Ham have already paid over 10 mil for Jarvis and Reading have spent big on wages for Pogrebnyak - they haven''t even been in the prem for a season but are willing to spend the money, so why is it unreasonable for us Norwich fans to expect someone better than the likes of CMS after a successful season in the top flight???[/quote]Wild stab in the dark, but I would guess it''s because we don''t have the financial backing of those clubs you mention. I swear many of our fans thought ''biggest budget ever'' must mean at least twice the size and were expecting "marquee" signings to match. It may actually have only been a few hundred thousand quid bigger than last year for the statement to be factually correct.