Sign in to follow this  
littletinsoldier

McNally considering name change

David McNally is considering Chris Hughton''s request to change his name to Chris Houghton.

It is believed that Hughton thinks that so many people already think his name is Houghton no one would notice, and it would avoid further confusion when googling himself.

He also realised that he will sound more Irish, like his countryman Ray Houghton, so it''s a double-positive, cancelling out the earlier negative.

McNally is said to be in agreement with regard to clearing up google.

I clicked because I thought that the name of Carrow Road was to be changed to the Aviva Stadium and that we would have untold billions as a result.

Alas. A mild fun poking post.

I do agree with the sentiment though. If posters can''t get the manager''s name correct, how can we take their opinion of him seriously?

6.5/10

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I clicked because I thought that the name of Carrow Road was to be changed to the Aviva Stadium and that we would have untold billions as a result.

Alas. A mild fun poking post.

I do agree with the sentiment though. If posters can''t get the manager''s name correct, how can we take their opinion of him seriously?

6.5/10

[/quote]

As Aviva are looking to lay off yet more staff over the next few months then I would doubt this would ever happen.

I heard from a very reliable source from within the club (and no, I obviously cant say who - so dont ask) that AVIVA were actually sponsoring said name change, dealing with the deed pole admin, and assisting with stationary amendments on pre-scribed McNally letters containing his signature. Rumour mill has it that AVIVA got the gig because of how professional they were in dealing with a full rebrand from Norwich Union to AVIVA. Food for thought, and I don''t think we''ve heard the last from this story either...

I wouldn''t object.

The ''official'' name might be changed, but most of us would still refer to it as Carrow Road. I may be getting on a bit now, but I don''t go along with this sentimentality thing. Times change.

This topic has perpetually risen it''s head over recent years and opinions are divided. Personally, as I said before, they could call it the Mickey Mouse Stadium, as long as Disney pumped in suitable millions, for all I care. 

HahahahHahhahhaa - nice one Proudstairs, ''the micky mouse stadium'' would be funny. What would mini think? Bet daffy would be jealous!

[quote user="DON LYCRA"]HahahahHahhahhaa - nice one Proudstairs, ''the micky mouse stadium'' would be funny. What would mini think? Bet daffy would be jealous![/quote]

Walt would be turning in his grave. It''s MICKEY and MINNIE MOUSE. And Daffy Duck (Warner Bros.) would not be seen dead near a Walt Disney character.

Cartoon Police out....

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="DON LYCRA"]HahahahHahhahhaa - nice one Proudstairs, ''the micky mouse stadium'' would be funny. What would mini think? Bet daffy would be jealous![/quote]

Walt would be turning in his grave. It''s MICKEY and MINNIE MOUSE. And Daffy Duck (Warner Bros.) would not be seen dead near a Walt Disney character.

Cartoon Police out....

[/quote]

Personally I prefer the ''Foghorn Leghorn Community Stadium'' but I think Tilly has probably got the copyright to that [:D]