Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Not having a dig at the Hoot...

but does anyone think that he shows a little bit too much respect to the opposition?Just watched the Spurs press conference and it seems like he''s in awe of Spurs. I get that he played there but it just seems a little different from last year when we played without fear against the bigger clubs.We won at Spurs last year for goodness sake!

I''ve said in another thread, he seems to view us in the same vein as that Hansen-Lawrenson lot do.

He was, however, a bit more upbeat about his team at one point in his press conference today, so I retracted a bit. He talked up Fulham as World-beaters as well. Maybe my retraction was premature and such negativety rubs off.

I''ll decide at 5 pm tomorrow.

Did Lambert not often do something similar, though? I.e. managing supporter expectations, taking the pressure off the players; that kind of thing. Anyhow, the report on canaries.co.uk reads "people will not expect us to go there and win" (my italics). To me this means ''other people''; he is talking about what other people think of our chances, not what he thinks.

I don''t get this whole giving teams respect. Why would any of the player to out and not perform because they are playing against a better team/manager. And if Hughton sets up HIS team differently against the bigger teams then so be it, we mostly only played well against thebig teams last season. Draw with Chelsea, beat Spurs. Doesn''t matter we could have beaten Man.U twice, or we''re unlucky against Chelsea. We didn''t win, so no one cares about those performances now...

Most managers do it. He isn''t going to say they''re crap is he. And did he say we couldn''t get anything from the game?

Any chance people might stop looking for hints of disloyalty, lack of commitment, CH isn''t like Lambert etc?

Lambert did this and more. All part of the job.

I totally agree with chip20. Give Hughton a break, there is no need to cross examine everything he says, adding 1+1 and =20!

Hughton said we will go to win and spurs are a good side, what''s wrong with that.

Onwards and upwards

There''s nothing wrong with that curly. But the comparisons will doubtless continue. Lambert only lost 2-1 at Fulham but Hoot lost 5-0. Lambert doubled qpr but Hoot only drew at home. Lambert won at Spurs but Hoot...........

Let''s hope Hoot betters Lambert in a few games soon.

I wasnt criticisng the Hoot- as I''ve already said.I was just saying that I thought that he was maybe in danger of showing too much respect for Spurs.I''ll be at White Hart Lane tomorrow getting behind him and the team! I''m not anti Hoot.