Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Vaughan and Bunn, Why?

Just a thought.letting Vaughan out on loan would have you thinking/hoping that a Striker of slightly better quality would be certain to be arriving, or thismakes no sense whats so ever, or our target has had a change of mind.Bunn arriving when our keepers are good enough makes me think that we have had nibbles for Ruddy, could be off soon to a bigger club asthe wheels are already in motion.

[quote user="Dibs"]Just a thought.letting Vaughan out on loan would have you thinking/hoping that a Striker of slightly better quality would be certain to be arriving, or thismakes no sense whats so ever, or our target has had a change of mind.Bunn arriving when our keepers are good enough makes me think that we have had nibbles for Ruddy, could be off soon to a bigger club asthe wheels are already in motion.[/quote]Agree with first point.Second point is rubbish.  How many times do people have to explain, including Hughton himself, why Bunn has signed.  It''s so our young keepers can go and get vital experience on loan rather than sitting on the bench.  Why can''t people grasp this idea?

If Ruddy were off, we''d sign better than Bburn reserve keeper. There is a very simple premis behind the signing of Bunn, yet some still have to look at the most negative reasons?

First point valid seems CH must have had striking option sorted which has fallen through, would like to think we could recall but don''t think so, as such our striking options are very limited.

Bunn experienced cover in GK required if Ruddy needs long term cover,

Actually, it''s a lack of thought going over these same issues which have been fully discussed and explained many times

Hughton has been clear about Vaughan. He wanted him to have regular games to achieve fitness and sharpness. He was not going to be getting first choice games so a loan makes sense. Hughton has said he wants Vaughan back. After all it would have been easy enough to sell him.

Rudd and Steer are not good enough. Would you want either of them in goal for the rest of the season if something catastrophic happened to Ruddy tomorrow?

The odd game is fine but keepers need to play regularly. Forster, Butland and indeed Ruddy would not be the players that they are today if they''d sat on the bench. They learnt by going loan and playing games. Keepers need to make mistakes and get over them like Firster at Leeds. You font to that playing 4 or 5 games a season

You and many others on here need to stop looking for conspiracies and master plans. Sometimes it is just a cigar!!

I''m sorry , there are some good points made on here, but why let Vaughan go if you are NOT going to replace him by another striker??? I am convinced we are too light in that department.

I agree on the GK position and that we need our talented duo play games regularly.

I really, really hope we are going to get a striker in, otherwise, and that''s just my opinion, we are in a spot of bother

Rumour has it Vaughan is one of the highest earners. So letting him go gave us more scope in finding a new striker. I would of liked him to stay. Im not overly comftable with Holt, Jackson, Morison & C.Martin.

If one of the reasons Vaughan was shipped out is because he was unsettled then I am peeved.

We paid a sizeable fee for the player. We paid his wages for the year he was mostly injured and he was probably subject to the best treatment at our expense.

If when he "recovers" he then wants out then the mercenary character of the player doesn''t go down well with me. Fair enough, he was injured in the line of duty, but he above all others must be aware of his obvious frailties.

I hope that there is little truth in this aspect of his move and that he comes back sufficiently re-enforced to give some sort of pay back to our Club. This might be wishful thinking as we are talking about a professional footballer as we have come to accept them nowadays.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Actually, it''s a lack of thought going over these same issues which have been fully discussed and explained many times

Hughton has been clear about Vaughan. He wanted him to have regular games to achieve fitness and sharpness. He was not going to be getting first choice games so a loan makes sense. Hughton has said he wants Vaughan back. After all it would have been easy enough to sell him.

Rudd and Steer are not good enough. Would you want either of them in goal for the rest of the season if something catastrophic happened to Ruddy tomorrow?

The odd game is fine but keepers need to play regularly. Forster, Butland and indeed Ruddy would not be the players that they are today if they''d sat on the bench. They learnt by going loan and playing games. Keepers need to make mistakes and get over them like Firster at Leeds. You font to that playing 4 or 5 games a season

You and many others on here need to stop looking for conspiracies and master plans. Sometimes it is just a cigar!![/quote]I shall erase any such thoughts of any master plans I have and agree that Bunn will be good competition for Ruddy, if he is competition for Ruddy then he must be good enough if Ruddy gets sold. Doh!

as much as I dont agree with it, I''m not sure that Hughton views signing a striker as a big a priority as we do, as I believe he intends to play one up front for 3/4''s of our games this season.

When he told Vaughan that his chances here would be limited ,I think its because of the formation he will play rather than him being replaced?

[quote user="Dibs"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Actually, it''s a lack of thought going over these same issues which have been fully discussed and explained many times

You and many others on here need to stop looking for conspiracies and master plans. Sometimes it is just a cigar!![/quote]I shall erase any such thoughts of any master plans I have and agree that Bunn will be good competition for Ruddy, if he is competition for Ruddy then he must be good enough if Ruddy gets sold. Doh![/quote]

Love it ! Nice one

Bunn says he was frustrated sitting on the bench and wants first team football.

So it does throw up the question why he would come to a club with an England keeper already between the sticks?

He couldn''t have made it more difficult for himself.

On a more positive note regarding strikers. I am happy with the way Jackson is shaping up but not the current shape of Holt.

If Vaughan left to free up wages, then what''s going on if Huddersfield can afford to pay him yet we can''t?

Personally, think Vaughan was part of a deal for Rhodes, Blackburn come in, the club understands that they would not pay that much, and it''s left us out on a limb.