Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Could we have got Tony Fernandes if we wanted him?

I seem to recall Tony Fernandes saying in an interview that he would not rule out investing in Norwich but that it was up to the club to approach him.Did we try hard enough to get him on board? Just wondering as I see QPR are splashing the cash yet again.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Why, in the name of God, would we want him???[/quote]

Just Wiki "AirAsia" and you will see exactly why we missed a trick with this man.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I seem to recall Tony Fernandes saying in an interview that he would not rule out investing in Norwich but that it was up to the club to approach him.Did we try hard enough to get him on board? Just wondering as I see QPR are splashing the cash yet again.[/quote]QPR would be splashing Mital''s cash whether Fernandes was involved or not.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Why, in the name of God, would we want him???[/quote]

Just Wiki "AirAsia" and you will see exactly why we missed a trick with this man.

[/quote]

In the sense that there was never the slightest indication that he ever wanted to buy the club, or be a minority investor, and only had talks with the directors because he was bounced into it by a cyberspace campaign, yes in that sense we really missed a trick.

It is quite clear that any new investor has to accept that Delia''s control of the club can not be challenged. For this one reason we have failed to attract any investment while other far less supported clubs seem to attract investment with ease.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

In the sense that there was never the slightest indication that he ever wanted to buy the club, or be a minority investor, and only had talks with the directors because he was bounced into it by a cyberspace campaign, yes in that sense we really missed a trick.

[/quote]

I seem to remember him expressing a distinct interest in being involved in our Club. I cannot carry on as I now recall little else, save to say that he was certainly not "bounced" into anything. Not his style. Investigate his cv.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I seem to recall Tony Fernandes saying in an interview that he would not rule out investing in Norwich but that it was up to the club to approach him.Did we try hard enough to get him on board? Just wondering as I see QPR are splashing the cash yet again.[/quote]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTN9V1lF0Xv5Q6NVTjqtuA2GqnKLFrh7gieGg3itxWVNLcE-QhdyoBOWJ2[/img]

There is trolling in the air tonightWill Pink Un posters bite, Fernandes?You tried to buy NCFC

For about 50p, Fernandes

Though your pockets are stuffed with foreign cash

There''s no regret...Only binners trying to tease and goadThink you''d suit Carrow Road, Fernandes

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I seem to remember him expressing a distinct interest in being involved in our Club. I cannot carry on as I now recall little else, save to say that he was certainly not "bounced" into anything. Not his style. Investigate his cv.

[/quote]

What happened was that his plan to buy West Ham (he being a Hammer) fell though. So people around him at Lotus who are NCFC fans, such as technical director Mike Gascoyne, and the F1 broadcaster Jake Humphrey, said what about Carrow Road? That spiralled into a very public and enthusiastic cyber campaign - Fernandes is very much into twitter - which rather forced him to attend a game (Southend) and have talks with the directors. From his point of view it would have looked like a snub to us if he hadn''t, and bad for his Lotus business. When asked before the meeting about investing he made some comment abouit "never say never" which is a polite way of of saying "never".

In the wake of the meeting there was some vague talk about marketing synergies beween the two Norfolk sporting icons which, as far as I know never happened. And he ruled out putting in money. From all I know I am pretty certain he was never seriously interested in buying us.

I''m gutted we didnt talk to Fernandes, the dreams of Anton Ferdinand, Zamora, Cisse and numerous foreign players looking to cash in gracing the yellow and green will haunt me forever. I sob at the thought of not having Mark Hughes as manager. It''s a cruel cruel world.