Sign in to follow this  
catwee

Who feels Chris Martin was better

when he was a little trouble maker? Scored more goals when he was in court maybe like rooney he has been tamed so much he has lost his edge?

[quote user="catwee"]when he was a little trouble maker? Scored more goals when he was in court maybe like rooney he has been tamed so much he has lost his edge?[/quote]I don''t know about that, although I do know the board was better without your inane threads and comments...

It''s not that, it''s just that the club has improved since he came on the scene and he hasn''t. Still a decent League 1 / Mid-table champ player which is the level we were at then but have come a long way from since.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="catwee"]when he was a little trouble maker? Scored more goals when he was in court maybe like rooney he has been tamed so much he has lost his edge?[/quote]
I don''t know about that, although I do know the board was better without your inane threads and comments...
[/quote]

[Y]

Don''t know why some fans think he''s so great. Is it because he''s a local lad? Is it because Lambert called him the best finisher at the club? Confusing.

I think this whole "best finisher at the club" is a bit of a myth.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Don''t know why some fans think he''s so great. Is it because he''s a local lad? Is it because Lambert called him the best finisher at the club? Confusing.

I think this whole "best finisher at the club" is a bit of a myth.[/quote]In my case I don''t think he''s ''great'', but I do think he''s a perfectly decent squad backup player for us.I wouldn''t want to go an extended period with him playing, but for the occasional game to cover injuries and suspension he''s good enough.There is no doubting that he CAN finish very well, the problem has often been that he''s not always been in the best positions to take advantage of this. He did link up very well with Holt though, and I''d prefer to use CM playing off Holt than I would Jackson tbh...

No point trying to argue Martin''s good points to some. They''ve decided he''s useless (some things he''s league one at best, which is laughable...).

I personally thought his last court case (which was around the time of his injury in the Championship wasn''t it?) was a huge distraction for him, and he hasn''t been quite the same since.

I was surprised that he played Tuesday, assumed he would have gone out on loan by now.

Does anyone know when C Martin''s contract runs out, last expiry contract date I could find was April 2010 ??

Quite simply not good enough for where we are now!

Lower Championship player at best!

Wouldn''t want him even if we were in the Championship!

Time for him to go!

[quote user="kingsway"]Quite simply not good enough for where we are now!.........Time for him to go![/quote]Ok, so that leaves us with Holt, Moro and Jackson until at least Jan.Glad you think that only 3 strikers (1 of whom is inconsistent and potentially has an attitude problem, and another who struggles to to actually shoot on target the vast majority of the time) would be good enough to keep us up...let''s hope to christ that Holt doesn''t get injured...

"Ok, so that leaves us with Holt, Moro and Jackson until at least Jan.

Glad you think that only 3 strikers (1 of whom is inconsistent and potentially has an attitude problem, and another who struggles to to actually shoot on target the vast majority of the time) would be good enough to keep us up...let''s hope to christ that Holt doesn''t get injured..."

You forgot about Vaughan, The guy everyone was saying would be like having having a new striker this season! Oh yeah we have pointlessly loaned him out before having a replacement come in! Thats looking like a really clever decision.