Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Talksport just said we bid for CMS and we've also made enquiries about Carlton Cole and Cameron Jerome

Just repeating what I heard.  The fella on the radio added "....now that''s desperate" after he mentioned CC and CJ.

Yes. Lets believe it wholeheartedly and judge our club harshly for it. We don''t need proof.

Its frankly immaterial that so much of our reported business has consistently been proved wrong and that 5/6 of our 8 transfers this summer came completely out of the blue. Lets believe this obvious horses**t just because.

Delia out etc.

I think cole is a talented forward, a step up from holt from a technical point of view.

But I do not see it happening

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]You mean there are people out there who listen to TalkSport of their own free will?[/quote]ha.  when you''re working in new york and its available to stream for free on your phone you do it....i guess i could switch to sky....fair point then.

Talksport is spot on for once, it is bloody desperate. The fact that we do not have any decent scouts outside the UK means that when we have to find a striker the only names we can find are these sorry excuses. A 14 yr old kid with access to wikipedia and a copy of Football Manager would do better!

[quote user="smooth"]I think cole is a talented forward, a step up from holt from a technical point of view.

But I do not see it happening[/quote]
His nickname is ''can''t control'' and it''s not a friendly nickname. 

Individual analysis:
CMS: Fast, works hard and harries defenders, questions over ability for this level (and indeed the level below it) but would probably be the cheapest of the three. Physically he is probably second fastest of the tree but the smallest in terms of height. Technique wise he could very well be the best, Brighton only sign players that can fit into their continental style of play, which requires good technique and an understanding of attacking football
Cole: Big (6ft 3in), not the fastest and lacks the technical ability of either of the other two (and considering one of them is Cameron Jerome, that''s saying ALOT) good in the air, has the most experience of any of the strikers, spending the vast majority of his career in and around the Premier League. He has had two consecutive ten goals seasons in the PL (2008-09 and 2009-10) and scored 15 goals in the West Ham side that got promoted last season.
Jerome: By far the fastest of the three players and one of the fastest players I''ve seen EVER. Slightly younger than the other players (26). His technique is inconsistent, at one point brilliant and at others very lackluster. I still remember quite clearly when with his first touch of a game he played the ball straight ahead of him with a delightful touch, ran onto it, and coolly slotted it past the keeper, all this from a aimless long pass. His goalscoring record has never impressed, but this could be explained due to playing in an incredibly defensive Birmingham side under McLeish  and as an impact sub for Stoke where he has been played (mainly) on the wing, instead of centrally.
But None of these deals are going to happen, so this was all rather pointless.

[quote user="Hog"]Talksport is spot on for once, it is bloody desperate. The fact that we do not have any decent scouts outside the UK means that when we have to find a striker the only names we can find are these sorry excuses. A 14 yr old kid with access to wikipedia and a copy of Football Manager would do better![/quote]

They were also correct about Tetty not being available on Tuesday whereas Sky and BBC were wrong.