Sign in to follow this  
LifeLongCanary

Our strike force in comparison.

Comparing our strike force with rival premier league clubs, we are far behind.

Norwich:

Jackson

Holt

Morison

Martin

Swansea:

Graham

Lita

Dobbie

Moore

QPR:

Cisse

Zamora

Johnson

Mackie

Hoilett

Southampton:

Rodriguez

Lambert

Ramirez

Sharp

West Ham:

Vaz Te

Nolan

Carroll

Maynard

Cole

We HAVE to strengthen tonight, absolute must. Yes ''it was good enough last season'' but other teams have strengthened are improving all the time with new additions. We need to be too!

With the ones you have listed for Swansea I would say ours are better but really you should add Michu and Hernandez to the list and then they p*** all over us like the rest of them. Also Wigan''s strikers are better too.

Starting to think we have the weakest squad in the league. It will take a miracle for us to survive. There is no way on earth we are going to do as well as last season. We must be odds on to be relegated. Very very disappointed we haven''t signed a new striker. It''s going to be a very long season I think.

Yet Holt outscored all of them, Moro wasn''t far behind and Jackson and Martin aren''t really any worse than players like Dobbie and Luke Moore.Also, West Ham are selling Maynard to Cardiff and Nolan is a midfielder, and out of the remaining 3, only Carroll is even close to Holt or Moro.All the Southampton players are totally unproven at this level and that includes big money Ramirez and Rodriguez, and Cisse is the only player at QPR who''s likely to guarantee double figures.Nowhere near as bleak a picture as you paint, but we do still need another striker as we couldn''t rely on Jackson and Martin to carry us if Moro and Holt were injured for a lengthy spell...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Yet Holt outscored all of them, Moro wasn''t far behind and Jackson and Martin aren''t really any worse than players like Dobbie and Luke Moore.Also, West Ham are selling Maynard to Cardiff and Nolan is a midfielder, and out of the remaining 3, only Carroll is even close to Holt or Moro.All the Southampton players are totally unproven at this level and that includes big money Ramirez and Rodriguez, and Cisse is the only player at QPR who''s likely to guarantee double figures.Nowhere near as bleak a picture as you paint, but we do still need another striker as we couldn''t rely on Jackson and Martin to carry us if Moro and Holt were injured for a lengthy spell...[/quote]

Would you put Morison ahead of Jackson? Interesting.

How about comparing our strikeforce from last season (finishing 12th):

Holt, Morison, Jackson, Vaughan, Wilbraham...

To our strikerforce this season:

Holt, Morison, Jackson, C. Martin

Not exactly a huge difference - Vaughan was injured most of the season and you could argue that Snodgrass can play a part in the striking power at Norwich...

I''d like to see a striker join us in the next 3 hours - but its not as bad a situation as some are suggesting...

Whilst thoroughly agreeing that a new striker of some pedigree is a must, can we now compare midfields? I am sure things would look a lot better.

I am also pretty pleased with Hugh''s defensive acquisitions.

The main  problem is that we  rely too heavily upon Holty and this is not sound management. He might well be off form at times or get injured. I am desperate for another striker, with about four hours to go. Things looks bleak.

Relax. If any of you find it hard to keep the faith, then at least wait till after 11pm before you poo yourself. We''ll be fine. It''s not all about money for big names. Surely 12th last year was enough to prove that. God, I''d hate to have some of you in the trenches standing next to me.