Sign in to follow this  
LifeLongCanary

KEEP FAITH!

If Hughton is willing to loan out Morison to Nottingham Forest; surely he has someone in line? He wouldn''t be stupid enough to rely on Holt, Jackson and Martin would he?

Aparently according to daily mirror journalist James nursery ch is interested in Cameron jerome but has someone else lined up????

[quote user="LifeLongCanary"]I''ve always liked Jerome, strong, fast, powerful player.[/quote]
Yeah, I''ve seen a lot of negative response to Jerome, but I quite like him. Would need to recapture his form of a few years ago when he was banging them in for fun at Cardiff. His history in the Prem has him as an 8-10 goal striker but would at least give us a different option to what we''ve got.

Jerome seems to have gone a bit quiet for me in the last few seasons. Had a quick check on wikipedia as i honestly couldn''t even remember where he was playing, is there any reason why he only scored one league goal in 13 months?!

Was he only being brought on for the last 10 minutes last season in games or something?

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]But Morrison refused to go so did that scupper any plans for some one else to come in?[/quote]Of course not, we''ve always been in for a striker so we would''ve kept some money aside in order to sign one.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I think he meant in terms of squad places available?[/quote]Doesn''t matter we can have unregistered players sitting on the sidelines not eligable to play for us, it''s not ideal but its no different to them being in the 25 and not playing.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Jerome seems to have gone a bit quiet for me in the last few seasons. Had a quick check on wikipedia as i honestly couldn''t even remember where he was playing, is there any reason why he only scored one league goal in 13 months?!

Was he only being brought on for the last 10 minutes last season in games or something?
[/quote]
You pretty much guessed it. Pulis tended to bring him on late trying to use his pace to undo defences that weren''t used to it from the ''traditional'' Stoke striker, even when he did come on he spent about 90% of his time on the wing, rather than his usual central role.

I can only think we will get someone; but it feels poorly done.

And if we are already reaching for such emotive yet meaningless soubriquets as keep faith we must surely be doomed - it didnt work last time as a rallying cry!