Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Norwich future decided this month...

Did you know we have only scored 5 points out of the last 13 Premiership matches, I don''t realistically think we are going to stay up.

If we are 7 points from current safety with 9 games to go, how are we going to overtake Southampton and Crystal Palace? Drawing level on points is no good as our goals conceded is against us. That includes Palace and Saints not scoring any more points!!!

Some might argue that it is mathmatically possible, but it''s physically impossible. If Palace win another game, the odds shorten very quickly.

Hello Championship....goodbye Premiership. Very frustrating season.

In all honesty we have been down since xmas , at the start of the season we were able to hold teams to a draw here and there but even that seems to have gone now. The longer the season goes on the weaker we look and the other 3 teams just seem to get stronger.

[quote]In all honesty we have been down since xmas , at the start of the season we were able to hold teams to a draw here and there but even that seems to have gone now. The longer the season goes on the wea...[/quote]

Agreed.  I thought as the season went on things would get better, not worse

totally agree. be proud we had a go and we learned valuable lessons, itll make us stronger when we come up and put focus on where we need to strengthen. we must keep that team together tho, francis is the key to coming straight back up we must not sell him. 

The galling thing to see is that all of the other strugglers at January have majored on getting their defences tightened - largely by using the same players but with more organisation and determination. Look at Blackburn, Palace, WBA and Saints. We on the other hand have been going backwards.Thats where the battles been lost.

[quote]totally agree. be proud we had a go and we learned valuable lessons, itll make us stronger when we come up and put focus on where we need to strengthen. we must keep that team together tho, francis is...[/quote]

Francis isn''t the key, Ashton is. IF (and i''m confident he will) he''s still here next season we will have the championship''s best striker in our team and he WILL be the key to getting us back up, along with Hucks.

Oh, and i don''t want to sound defeatist because i''ve kept my optimism all the way throughout this season, but the next month will, IMO decide whether we are bottom or not, and don''t forget west brom also have a game in hand which could see them in contention for survival while we are on the brink of getting that big R beside our name on the table. I''m just being realistic. I think next season we will win the championship by a country mile

[quote]Francis isn''t the key, Ashton is. IF (and i''m confident he will) he''s still here next season we will have the championship''s best striker in our team and he WILL be the key to getting us back up, alon...[/quote]

You don''t suppose that all three of those players (francis, ashton, huckerby) could be pretty damn important to us performing next season? - along with a number of others, not least the goalie (whoever it may be come August) and the likes of Shackell at the back. The defence are going to have to refind their feet quickly come next season if they don''t get any better in the remaining games this year.

As for this season, its a ridiculously tall order now. I think it''s true that Man City was probably the crunch game - especially seeing how the results have gone against us since. Best hope is that we pull-off a few confidence-building wins between now and May and finish the season on a high (hopefully above West Brom at least!). I guess a win at Palace to pull them down with us would be kind of nice.

[quote]You don''t suppose that all three of those players (francis, ashton, huckerby) could be pretty damn important to us performing next season? - along with a number of others, not least the goalie (whoeve...[/quote]

"A win at palace would be kind of nice"

KIND OF NICE??? IT WOULD BE BLOODY SUPERB MY FRIEND BUT WITH THE WAY WE''VE PERFORMED AWAY I CAN''T SEE IT HAPPENING

"Norwich future decided this month"

Im sorry but it was decided a long while before this month with the leaky defence that we have.  Many of us could see it as early as Christmas and I am afraid we have never really been in the running this season in what has been a depressing and forgetful season.

[quote]"A win at palace would be kind of nice" KIND OF NICE??? IT WOULD BE BLOODY SUPERB MY FRIEND BUT WITH THE WAY WE''VE PERFORMED AWAY I CAN''T SEE IT HAPPENING[/quote]

Is this the same team we''re talking about? They''re only 6 points ahead of us, and the pundits reckon they''ll lose the survival battle to Southampton. It''s true that we haven''t had a good record at Selhurst Park in recent seasons, but we''d only need a good performance and a little bit of luck to go our way to sneak something there, not a miracle.There''s no gulf of class between us. Anyone who saw highlights of their game the other week should know that it was mostly down to Man U that they failed to score against 10 men - they missed about 3 open goals.Fair enough "kind of nice" is a bit of an understatement, but it''d likely only be a consolation.