Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Svensson, how good is he?

i obviously have only watched svensson when he has been playing for norwich (not long) but i was speaking to a charlton fan the other day who said he''s not been anywhere near fit for us since he''s been playing for us, and that in his opinion svensson is a better player than huckerby. has anyone seen enough of svensson to know? do you think its true or just poor judgement on the charlton fan''s part

Hi Cobain18, its only my opinion of course, but for whats it worth, I''ve seen enough of him to believe he is the finished article. Lets just wait and see when and if, NW gives him the nod over Iwan. But better than Hucks?, well thats another matter.

We all appreciate what Iwan has done for us in his past efforts for City. From my point of view I can see Svennson being a more versatile player than the big man, and better able, now, to support Huckerby and give a two pronged edge to our forward line with Mc Veigh playing a crafty role just behind that line, the little man has a good football brain and given the chance has much more will and effort than has Mulryne to exploit their tallents to the full. OTBC!!!

Now this is a question that has been bugging me but it is a more a case of how bad is svensson? Now I am hoping he is just unfit instead of rubbish but apart from his goal against Forest has anyone seen anything to suggest he has any talent at all. I think I have seen him 3 times and he has just looked like a big lump who goes round committing fouls. I know this is a bit harsh on him and it is too early to tell and all that, but I think the answer to this question is not very. As for him being better than Hucks this has to be joke, please don''t tell me there is someone out that honestly believes that if so I feel very sorry for them.

Longy, that Charlton fan is also the person who thinks that Easton and Rivers should be automatic first team regulars. We need to give Svensson a little while to regain his fitness after his op, and also he needs to start alongside Huckerby to see if they gel together.

Quality passing, quality hold-up play, hungry and a great goal.

How much do you want for a new signing!!?

Give the man a chance to shine, and I''m sure we''ll be impressed.

Agree with Mook - was at the derby game in December and was immediately impressed with the way he brought Leon and others around him into play with good lay offs and touches. He seemed to be pretty much involved in everything except the two goals! He also made his presence felt like Iwan always does. Not bad for a debut.
But ridiculous to compare him to Huckerby as they are TOTALLY different players. You may as well say Leon''s better than Flem!

Was it just me that thought Svensson was terrible at Coventry? OK, he only played for 25 minutes and seemed to be giving it everything enthusiasm wise, but his contribution amounted to a few fouls given away, some awful passing and no real chances up front! Nice white boots though... :-)

Hard man to mark, Tim, due to his robust play. Early to say, but I feel his first touch will improve as well as his passing. At the moment I feel he is not realy used to the running of his team mates and he''s passing without looking up. I''m sure he will be an asset to us in terms of effort alone cos he''ll keep two men busy marking him thus creating space for the men coming from behind. What about Holty''s goal then, Hes deserved that for his regular contribution.