Sign in to follow this  
Southwestcanary

Happy being us

Yes would love a new striker but we have signed 8 players and lost no major players from last season? Don''t want to be the next Pompey like saints QPRse and west sham could be!! Happy we are being managed properly. Trust in McNally please. OTBC

Exactly. I''ll be happy whether we get a new striker or not, we''ve brought in some good players and imo improved the squad. The mid-fielder''s will help with the goals. I''m proud of the fact our club is being sensible. If we were spending 5+ million on one player, I think I''d feel more worried.

Let''s keep it in perspective everyone. Never thought we would be in this position a few years ago when going to brentford, Carlisle etc FFS we are playing at Spurs tomorrow (where we took 3 points last year!!).

Keep it real and be happy where we are....... 90% of football fans want to be us! OTBC

LDC wrote

Thank goodness - a positive thread - well done swc (I hope it stays that way.......)

Hete''s hoping you will be able to say that come May 2013!

Personally I hope so too, but having seen pre season and our first two games, I think you won''t.

And looking at today''s events I would suggest that West Ham, Southampton, QPR and Villa won''t be below us either.

[quote user="Southwestcanary"] we are playing at Spurs tomorrow (where we took 3 points last year!!). [/quote]you optimistic about the result? think we are in for a long afternoon myself

[quote user="City 2nd"]LDC wrote "Thank goodness - a positive thread - well done swc (I hope it stays that way.......)"

Here''s hoping you will be able to say that come May 2013! Personally I hope so too, but having seen pre season and our first two games, I think you won''t. And looking at today''s events I would suggest that West Ham, Southampton, QPR and Villa won''t be below us either.[/quote]

The performance against QPR was a very solid one, we never looked like losing (and yes I was there).   Its such early days for us fans to get wound up about things.  We have all the major players from last season and strengthened with 8 during the summer.  I say just give it time.  

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Southwestcanary"] we are playing at Spurs tomorrow (where we took 3 points last year!!). [/quote]you optimistic about the result? think we are in for a long afternoon myself[/quote]

And if we get beat? Shock horror! Can''t say we will get 3 points but I know the yella army will sing non stop and out sing our hosts. Let''s get realistic, we have spent one year in the premier and we are building slowly and sensibly. We have to think about the club in 10 years time not just this year!OTBC

[quote user="Sing Up The South Stand"]What gets me. I imagine if we had signed 7 players, and got Snodgrass tonight people would be happier. Even though it wouldn''t be any different to what it currently is.[/quote]

Exactly! Good post! Otbc