Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Transfer window nearly shut

Thanks for pointing that out.  Don''t think any of us were really 100% sure when it closed...

Great debut on the message board...

Doesn''t matter too much. Even if we''d only signed a Holding midfielder (Tetty) i''d have been relatively happy as that was what we sorely lacked last season, this has been addressed, We''ve added two quality goal scoring midfielders in Snoddy & Butters. Bassong is a great addition to a leaky defense. Bunn provides genuine competition to big J-Rud, Whittaker is a top RB and Turner isn''t as bad as people are making him out to be either, he''s managed to play a decent chunk of the last few seasons at this level for a reason. Over all i''m happy with how this window has gone.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Thanks for pointing that out.  Don''t think any of us were really 100% sure when it closed...

Great debut on the message board...

[/quote]
Yeah I''m surprised there aren''t any other threads about it to be honest.

[quote user="Lambo"]Doesn''t matter too much. Even if we''d only signed a Holding midfielder (Tetty) i''d have been relatively happy as that was what we sorely lacked last season, this has been addressed, We''ve added two quality goal scoring midfielders in Snoddy & Butters. Bassong is a great addition to a leaky defense. Bunn provides genuine competition to big J-Rud, Whittaker is a top RB and Turner isn''t as bad as people are making him out to be either, he''s managed to play a decent chunk of the last few seasons at this level for a reason. Over all i''m happy with how this window has gone.[/quote]

Wow!! A glass half-full post....

Same place as last year! Which top scorer has left us? If anything we have more goals potential from snoddy and butterfield! Vaughan and wilmbro were prolific weren''t they?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Love all the positivity, I will be reading your posts with interest after we have been relegated to see how positive you are then......[/quote]Debt free plus parachute payments? I''d say we''d have a very good chance of going back up at the first attempt should the worst happen and we go down.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]And where are the goals coming from?[/quote]Holt, Morison (when he regains confidence), Snodgrass, Pilks.... plus other chipping in.[/quote]And if Holt or Moro get injured (or don''t perform)? I suppose Jackson and Martin are good enough to pick up the slack...oh wait...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]And where are the goals coming from?[/quote]Holt, Morison (when he regains confidence), Snodgrass, Pilks.... plus other chipping in.[/quote]And if Holt or Moro get injured (or don''t perform)? I suppose Jackson and Martin are good enough to pick up the slack...oh wait...[/quote]I''m confident Jackson could hold the fort for a month or so, especially if Snodgrass and Pilks score a few. Then we can pick up a striker in January.

"And where are the goals coming from? "

Certainly not from the likes of Elliot Bennett

you can hardly imagine an ex League I player scoring at White Hart Lane

or even ''Fatty'' at places like Stamford Bridge, Anfield and Arsenal ... which is also the last place another lower league misfit like Morison would score

yep that was the one thing that let us down last season - if Morison had been able to score at Man City it might have helped

[quote user="NCFC TIll I die"]Oh well transfer window now shut no other new signings have to wait till January now.[/quote]Signings aren''t always annouced as soon as they''re done. There''s usually a backlog of a few hours on deadline day.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="NCFC TIll I die"]Oh well transfer window now shut no other new signings have to wait till January now.[/quote]Signings aren''t always annouced as soon as they''re done. There''s usually a backlog of a few hours on deadline day. [/quote]Well time I wake up tomorrow they mite have someone then