Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

To all those moaning about lack of spending/ambition etc

I''m getting really bored of reading posts about the board being tight, or not showing ambition, or not pushing the boat out etc etc. Do any of you realise that every spare penny the club generates goes into the playing budget, nothing is being held back, or do you just chose to ignore it? Simply put we cannot spend what we do not have. Some people seem to think that raising extra funds is as easy as picking an apple off a tree, so to that end I''d like to ask the following:

Please could you enlighten us with your plan on how you would raise these extra funds?

You''ll have to rule out renegotiating the debt repayments (because that cannot be done) and borrowing money from the bank (won''t happen).

Also, what is your plan should it not work out and we get relegated?

Could you copy McNally in on your response. Ta.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]

Can you please enlighten us how the likes of West Ham and Southampton who are no bigger than us and have more debt than us are managing it then please?

[/quote]

Wealthy owners.

What''s your solution then?

There might be a place on the board for you, all the fans want is to push on,  not sit back, next season is when the sky big money kicks in & we need to be still in the premier league!

Rather than debating funding etc, let''s flip the debate around and ask:Are you happy with our strike force for the coming season?Personally I''m worried (especially when I heard the rumour about Moro turning down a loan to Forest), as if we get a serious injury to Holt and or Moro, we''re relying on Jackson and Martin for a sustained period and frankly they''re not good enough to do it. They''re both perfectly fine as squad players to do a job as impact subs or to cover a game or two here and there, but nothing more than that.Therefore I felt (and still feel) that a striker of the calibre to challenge Holt and Moro was needed, and that this should have been factored in when signing the players we have. There should have been enough left to enable this either a perm deal or a loan, and if not we should have sacrificed one or two of the other signings to acheive it.We don''t NEED 11 or more midfielders, even if the guys we''ve brought in improve our existing squad, but we did need good cover upfront, yet instead we''ve loaned Vaughan out and are running out of time to sign anyone else.This is where the money and frustration comes in, if we can''t get more money to facilitate this signing, then we should have been more careful with the rest of the signings so that we didn''t back ourselves into a corner where only options like CMS were available to bolster the strikeforce...

[quote] user="The Pink''un Role Model"]Sack Hughton.Stick a couple of million on a bookies 50-1 outsider and then employ him.Sack him.Employ Hughton.[/quote]

good idea that!

Solution is simple, get a goalscorer in, or don''t ship out Vaughan.

If we do go down we do it with no regrets.

Anyone remember Ashton not joining us at the start of the season, and instead it was just too late in Jan?

We face a similar scenario now, so lets not make the mistake again,

[quote user="stratton canary"]

There might be a place on the board for you, all the fans want is to push on,  not sit back, next season is when the sky big money kicks in & we need to be still in the premier league!

[/quote]

So go on then, answer my question. How do we do this?

We have no money but we waste a million on Bunn when we already have a great back up keeper. What a waste of money! There are cheap strikers out there! Swansea (Michu)seem to be able to find them,so why can''t we???

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

Rather than debating funding etc, let''s flip the debate around and ask:

Are you happy with our strike force for the coming season?

[/quote]

No, there are hundreds of threads debating that already, filled with posters moaning about the board not splashing the cash.

This thread is to ask those posters how they expect that to happen.

A dose of realism is needed.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]

Solution is simple, get a goalscorer in, or don''t ship out Vaughan.

[/quote]

That''s not a solution is it. How do you suggest we raise the funds for all the names that have been thrown around on here the past 2 weeks?

''a'' goalscorer, not ''all'' the goalscorers.

If we can''t afford it then we keep Vaughan, as i said!?

However, we can afford it, otherwise we wouldn''t be offering £3m for CMS - Something''s brewing, just wait for it to happen.

What you''re saying will then hold no weight as you''re presuming we''re out of cash. We''re not! We''re just not as public as the big boys.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]That''s not a solution is it. How do you suggest we raise the funds for all the names that have been thrown around on here the past 2 weeks?[/quote]Already answered that - if we don''t have the remaining funds to get better than the likes of Cole and CMS, then we shouldn''t have signed 1 or two of the players we have, in truth although I rate the signings, both Butterfield and Tettey are somewhat of a luxury as we already have plenty of options in midfield...

''a'' goalscorer, not ''all'' the goalscorers. If we can''t afford it then we keep Vaughan, as i said!? However, we can afford it, otherwise we wouldn''t be offering £3m for CMS - Something''s brewing, just wait for it to happen. What you''re saying will then hold no weight as you''re presuming we''re out of cash. We''re not! We''re just not as public as the big boys.

[/quote]

I didn''t say we had no money did I? But the names people are expecting us to buy are ridiculous and out of our league. Every player we have been realisticly linked with in the past few days has been consigned to the scrap heap before he''s even set foot in Carrow Road and the board chastised as skinflints for not showing true ambition and putting a bid in for Messi.

I''am not interested in how the club stays out of debt, i''am more interested in getting a strike force that will keep us up, as i''ve said many times before (& been shot down for it) no other prem club would take martin, jackson or morison all championship strikers, just!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

Already answered that - if we don''t have the remaining funds to get better than the likes of Cole and CMS, then we shouldn''t have signed 1 or two of the players we have, in truth although I rate the signings, both Butterfield and Tettey are somewhat of a luxury as we already have plenty of options in midfield...

[/quote]

Butterfield and Tettey didn''t cost £2m between them and if we''re going to play 4-5-1 this season then they will be needed.

What striker would you sign then, and at what realistic cost?

Browstone, our ''league'' is the premier league - Thats a fact!

As has been said, if we don''t compete with teams in and around our suspected ''league'' position then we will be relegated. Simple as.

You asked for a solution, and thats it, short and simple.

Financially there''s too much to lose if we don''t give this a go, as a club there''s too much to lose.

The board knows this, and they will bring someone in tonight. I think Blackburn shot our plans out of the water when they raised the odds on Rhodes, but know we''ve committed on Vaughan out there''s no going back.

Mr Brownstone, we were all told we had the biggest transfer budget in our history. That is old news. We have been crying out for a new forward to play alongside Holt. Someone who gets a chance will put it in the net! That player could of been Vaughan going by his pre-season form. But no we loan out out second best striker, when we have no-one lined up to replace him. Yesterday we bid for CMS who has been a flop at Brighton in the Championship. CMS has played a couple of seasons in the Championship and for 2 different clubs and both times he''s flopped. He can only score in League 1. Where is the sense in loaning out our second best Striker?? I can''t make sense of this at all. And to think that Hughton wanted to get CMS for 3 million quid. Thank god it was rejected! So we do have money but have been wasting it! Turner and Bunn to name just 2.

Browstone, our ''league'' is the premier league - Thats a fact! As has been said, if we don''t compete with teams in and around our suspected ''league'' position then we will be relegated. Simple as. You asked for a solution, and thats it, short and simple. Financially there''s too much to lose if we don''t give this a go, as a club there''s too much to lose. The board knows this, and they will bring someone in tonight. I think Blackburn shot our plans out of the water when they raised the odds on Rhodes, but know we''ve committed on Vaughan out there''s no going back.

[/quote]

That isn''t a solution as to how we comptete financially with the other clubs around us though is it.

The question I asked is a simple one, to all those wanting us to spend the same sort of money as the likes of Southampton, QPR etc, how do you propose we do it?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

I''m getting really bored of reading posts about the board being tight, or not showing ambition, or not pushing the boat out etc etc. Do any of you realise that every spare penny the club generates goes into the playing budget, nothing is being held back, or do you just chose to ignore it? Simply put we cannot spend what we do not have. Some people seem to think that raising extra funds is as easy as picking an apple off a tree, so to that end I''d like to ask the following:

Please could you enlighten us with your plan on how you would raise these extra funds?

You''ll have to rule out renegotiating the debt repayments (because that cannot be done) and borrowing money from the bank (won''t happen).

Also, what is your plan should it not work out and we get relegated?

Could you copy McNally in on your response. Ta.

[/quote]Bit late now but why wouldn''t we have sold a couple of our midfielders?  Frees up wages, frees up transfer budget.We appear to have about 18 midfielders.  You could get decent money for the second string of Fox, Hoolahan, Pilkington, a bit of cash for Lappin perhaps.  I''m sure we could sell a centre back or two, we seem to be collecting those.Should we get relegated, you can be sure Holt will be first in line to leave the club so I would add whoever the new striker is into the queue behind him.

[quote user="colneycanary"]

Mr Brownstone, we were all told we had the biggest transfer budget in our history. That is old news. We have been crying out for a new forward to play alongside Holt. Someone who gets a chance will put it in the net! That player could of been Vaughan going by his pre-season form. But no we loan out out second best striker, when we have no-one lined up to replace him. Yesterday we bid for CMS who has been a flop at Brighton in the Championship. CMS has played a couple of seasons in the Championship and for 2 different clubs and both times he''s flopped. He can only score in League 1. Where is the sense in loaning out our second best Striker?? I can''t make sense of this at all. And to think that Hughton wanted to get CMS for 3 million quid. Thank god it was rejected! So we do have money but have been wasting it! Turner and Bunn to name just 2.

[/quote]

Turner was brought in to help bolster the 3rd leakiest defence in the league last season, just because he had a poor debut it doesn''t mean he won''t be a good player for us. Bunn was bought for what was probably a tiny fee so that our 2 promising England starlets can go out on loan and get the games they need to start fulfilling their potential.

I always assumed Delia did not have a son, but surely a this thread is started by somebody who is clearly related.

Time to stop the we are paupers, other clubs manage why the hell cant we, next season is the new TV deal worth more millions you need to be there, end of story.

Sorry Brownstone, i misread your original post, i see what you''re asking now.

It''s simple, we can''t unless we''re willing to hand our club over to a businessman who may lose interest at anytime sinking us into the messy stuff.

*Cries* ;)

[quote user="Aveit"]

Time to stop the we are paupers, other clubs manage why the hell cant we

[/quote]

Are you a little simple? I''ll spell it out slowly for you:

W e  d o n '' t   h a v e  b i l l i o n a i r e  o w n e r s

colneycanary what do you base Vaughan being our 2nd best striker on when hes played 6 games and never scored a goal for us?

other then having wealthy owners, maybe similar size clubs who have bigger debt then us manage it by getting even more in debt and eventually will end up like portsmouth or birmingham

Why waste £1 million on Bunn just so Rudd can go out on-loan? He did ok as our number 2 last season. Why waste £2 million on Turner, so Ayala can go out on loan? Again one of our better defenders. Should of got rid of Ward.

And why loan out Vaughan? So we can waste more money?It makes no sense at all, and for you to come out and say we dont have the money. Well you can see bloody why!

This is £3 million pound of our transfer budget wasted, and could of gone towards a decent striker instead of the crap and rejects we have been linked with today!

[quote user="colneycanary"]

Why waste £1 million on Bunn just so Rudd can go out on-loan? He did ok as our number 2 last season. Why waste £2 million on Turner, so Ayala can go out on loan? Again one of our better defenders. Should of got rid of Ward. And why loan out Vaughan? So we can waste more money?It makes no sense at all, and for you to come out and say we dont have the money. Well you can see bloody why! This is £3 million pound of our transfer budget wasted, and could of gone towards a decent striker instead of the crap and rejects we have been linked with today!

[/quote]

A: How are you privvy to the undisclosed fee''s, or are you just guessing?

and

B: I''ve already told you why Turner and Bunn were signed.

And I''m not saying we don''t have money, we do, we''ve alledgedly bid £3m for CMS, but we don''t have the sort of money Southampton have and people just need to deal with it.