Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

How are we going to finish 17th?

Lets face it, 17th will be a massive achievement again this year, leaving us and exciting future of ground expansion and debt freeness.

Who are the 3 worse teams than us?

Reading maybe?

Wigan?

after that, i''m at a loss...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Lets face it, 17th will be a massive achievement again this year, leaving us and exciting future of ground expansion and debt freeness.

Reading maybe?

Wigan?

after that, i''m at a loss...[/quote]On what basis are Reading & Wigan worse?

Come on.. Wish everyone would cut this over the top and unnecessary negativity for at least a few games. We have signed 8 new players.

Jacob Butterfield was tearing up the championship last season and was being targeted by other premier league clubs before his injury.

Snodgrass I think had the MOST assists of any championship player last season.

We have a completely new and experienced back 4 and also competition for Ruddy.

Yes I know we should have signed a striker but all this negativity isn''t going to fix anything its only going to snowball into a great big dark cloud over the clubs progress.

Just try to get behind the team, look at the three areas we have vastly improved on and not the one area where we fell one player short.

We haven''t lost any key or even regular players from a team that achieved 12th place last season, we have 8 new players, and you''re questioning how we''re even going to achieve 17th?

I don''t think it matters about the players we have signed. The fact is that last year there were some poor teams in the premier league, and the 3 relegated teams were extremely poor.

This year, the teams coming up have spent fairly big, as have Swansea, QPR and others.

I would agree with the OP, I think it is only Reading and Wigan who have the potential to be worse than us, and even then Wigan have a decent squad and always survive, and Reading have the money in January with their Russian owners.

Stop being positive, it has no place at all on here!

Odd thing is, the signing of the (rather unproven) lad Kane from Spurs and these same people would probably be happy as anything....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Lets face it, 17th will be a massive achievement again this year, leaving us and exciting future of ground expansion and debt freeness. Who are the 3 worse teams than us? Reading maybe? Wigan? after that, i''m at a loss...[/quote]

Well now Jimmy, Sunderland, Stoke, Wigan, Villa, QPR, Southampton, Reading and West Ham were all below us last season and we''ve strengthened our squad since then......

From what i have seen so far in pre-season and the first 2 games, then 17th is a very long way away. The performances are a very poor shadow of last seasons.With the fixtures coming up over the next 2 months i can''t see anything other than being tailed off at the bottom.

Why does anybody showing a touch of realism have to be a binner ? i think we have tonight booked ourselves bottom spot and many agree with that . Pop over to Vital Norwich theres a thread on there tonight where they mention all you happy clappers on here who are happy with our dealings , all posters call you deluded Norwich City fans .We are in the sh1t wake up and smell the fuckin coffee .

My oh my, things are getting heated.
from what I''m hearing, kane is a pacy striker, but he probably wont be a regular player.
people are getting so upset over nothing right now.
people thought norwich were going to finish 19th last year... did we? far from it.
how are people going to judge us based on 2 games; one of which I may add we played well in.
give the team some F*****g time, sheesh.

Realism?! Don''t make me laugh! I am not ''happy clappy'', but compared to some of the negativity on here it seems anyone who actually, you know, supports the team ( an old idea, I know) is an idiot.

Question: can you really say we have had a poor transfer window? If you think we haven''t strengthened at all, perhaps you ought to give up on NCFC entriely and do something else.

So last season we had an injured Vaughan and Wilbo. Replacing those two we have this guy from Spurs. We''ve also considerably strenghthened our midfield and defence. And the only people who can see the positives in that are deluded Norwich fans who need to see we are in the s*** and wake up and smell the *** coffee .

Ooookkkkkaaayyyy...

"We are in the s*** wake up and smell the *** coffee "

we ?

who is this we ?

I should say you are the only person who believes the rest of us think you are a City fan -

it is you who is suffering from delusion

It''s a very astute signing.

Much like naughton last year, Kane will have a massive impact and I fully believe his goals will keep us away from trouble this year.

Time will tell if the money clubs like Southampton and Swansea have chucked at new players will benefit them in the long run, I''m happy that the signings we made before today + the addition of Harry means we''ll go again like we did last year with a close and young talented squad and finish roughly in the same position as last year.

There''s worse teams than us this season. I think Southampton and reading will both struggle, despite a good start west brom will fall away, wigan will be down there not to mention QPR (despite the money they''ve spent)

I''m looking forward to another great season at CR

--------------------------------------------------

" There''s worse teams than us this season. I think Southampton and reading will both struggle, despite a good start west brom will fall away, wigan will be down there not to mention QPR (despite the money they''ve spent) "

Agree with that.Soton, Reading and West Ham all look dicidely dodgy in defence, Villa may not have signed enough to keep them out of trouble, QPR could implode and Wigan may be unable to keep their miracle gping.. So that''s six candidates to finish below us right there...

worse teams? based on the first two weeks only and ignoring recent signings the worst teams were

wet sham

QPR

Southampton

villa

Reading

not so sure about wigan, still think they can surprise us. we have to make sure we move out of that bottom 6.

And we can

how?

by using the strongest part of our squad - our attacking midfielders. in order of my preference pilkington, bennett, wes, snodgrass, surman, howson and butterfield has depth and capability and is impressive. It is significantly stronger than the attack or defence so we have to make the formation work for that. I am also struggling to see a really strong 442 amongst it.

we have to embed a 4-2-3-1 formation built around a core of bassong/tettey & snodgrass

Ruddy

martin (x) bassong Garrido

Fox Tettey

(Y) Snodgrass Pilkington

(Z)

The players in brackets are picked as required, currently barnett, bennett (more pace and attacking threat than the alternatives) and morison (far better at the loen role than any other striker on the books) for me, although likely to be barnett, Howson and Holt in reality.

we adopt an attacking style with a strong back line, change to 442 if required from the bench with choices of jackson kane and morison all hopefully capabale of an impact, or amend the midfield by using johnson in the back 2, or introducing a wes, butterfield, howson or surman to freshen up the attacking element or protect a lead as required.

We do have options, now its up to the team to make it work.

What to look for in Jan? A biglia type remains key, the defensive midfield options are only just adequate in terms of options.

and improving the strikers (martin out and replaced) and back 4

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Lets face it, 17th will be a massive achievement again this year, leaving us and exciting future of ground expansion and debt freeness.

Reading maybe?

Wigan?

after that, i''m at a loss...[/quote]Without Moses, Wigan won''t stay in the promised land (sorry)Reading should drop but the Pog could score 15-20 and make it interestingQPR should implode, they are like the New York Cosmos only in a sh*thole part of London

Im not saying this because of a certain manager but Villa has got to be on that list.

Awful last year, the first 2 games have left my Villa supporting friends scared sh tless. The comments amde to me on Monday would suggest the "fans" are already turning. They need a win and quick (and I dont mean in a cup that all of a sudden PL showed interest in with team selection )

I know you could argue will take them time but it is more than the MASSIVE job their new manager thinks.

Reading maybe?

Wigan?

after that, i''m at a loss...[/quote]Reading- Except from Pogrepnyak (or however you spell it) they don''t really have any quality players.Southampton- Despite signing Ramirez, they still look shaky at the back. They''ve also loaned out a proven goalscorer in Billy Sharp.QPR- If their signings don''t gel they could be in trouble.Wigan- Let''s face it, they have to go down eventually. If Martinez''s head is turned mid-season, and he leaves, I can see them going down.Villa- Same squad as last year, except for a few additions. If they don''t make a good start, Lambert might walk.

Reading, Southampton, Villa. People pick Wigan to drop every year and it just doesn''t happen, i wouldn''t bet against them. QPR have started rough and will continue to plummet with their tough early schedule, but there''s too much quality on their side not to recover. Maybe not top 10 like they aspire to but can''t see them going down. City are likely 15-19 all year but i don''t foresee a demotion.